I've only had my contract with Sprint for 1 year to date. I started with the 8330 Curve, and here's the story.....

1. The phone was replaced within the first month I owned it because the speaker wasn't working properly.

2. Around July 2009 I started having problems with my internet making the whole phone freeze. Only way to unfreeze it is to do a battery pull. I went into a Sprint store and the girl working there told me to go to Options-Advanced-Host Routing Table-Menu-Register Now and that should fix the problem. Did that, and it fixed the problem for a few days, but eventually the issue came back.

3. December 2009 I went to a Sprint store again because the internet problem still existed and I was tired of doing battery pulls to fix my frozen phone. I had also been having an issue with emails and Facebook notifications. I would delete either an email or FB notification, and when the next new email or FB notification came in, the old one that I had already deleted would appear back on my phone. It got to a point where I'd receive 10 new notifications at the same time just because of 1 new email. Very annoying, and when I would delete them, the red light would still flash as though I had an unread message. The rep at the store did a full wipe of the phone, and gave it back to me. Internet doesn't freeze up anymore, but I still have the issues with the emails/FB notifications.

4. December 2009 went to the Sprint store AGAIN to resolve the problem and they replaced the phone with a "new" phone that I'm not too sure was new but actually just refurbished. Problems still existed with recurring notifications so I called Sprint customer service. I ended up in the Retention department where they offered me $20 off my monthly bill if I upgraded. To me, that's crap because I've only been with Sprint for 1 year and I shouldn't be required to upgrade to a new phone just to have a phone WITHOUT PROBLEMS. The one I have should work without errors. They sent me a "new" phone they claimed was from the warehouse, never been used. I went back to the Sprint store today to have it activated and now I have TWO Curves because the store said they can't take the defective one back from me. I was told by the Retentions dept to take it to a Sprint store and give it back to them. What the **** do I do now???

I don't want to leave Sprint because we don't ever have a problem with our signal being bad, and the rate we're paying for our plan is the best price out there for what we get (Simply Everything Data Family plan). I keep getting the same answer, that Sprint can't replace my phone with anything other than an 8330 Curve. I wouldn't even mind having it replaced with the new 8530 Curve. It's a cheaper phone so it wouldn't even be as much coming out of Sprint's pocket. They still won't do anything to help me out. This is REALLY starting to upset me. Has anyone ever been in a predicament similar to this? Or work for Sprint that can offer me some advice??
    01-10-10 03:58 PM
    If you're a premier member you should be upgrade eligible after a year anyways

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-10 06:32 PM
    If you're a premier member you should be upgrade eligible after a year anyways

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I am eligible for an upgrade now. My phone is eligible for upgrade but my wife's phone, for some stupid reason, isn't eligible. I refuse to upgrade just because my phone isn't working like it should be. Plus it wouldn't be fair to the wife since she couldn't upgrade.
    01-10-10 07:04 PM
    I am eligible for an upgrade now. My phone is eligible for upgrade but my wife's phone, for some stupid reason, isn't eligible. I refuse to upgrade just because my phone isn't working like it should be. Plus it wouldn't be fair to the wife since she couldn't upgrade.
    Upgrade your phone, give it to your wife and you take her current phone. You'll both have phones that work and she gets an early Valentine's gift.
    01-10-10 09:16 PM
    Man!!! Dont even get the Tour if your having that many problems, lol, try the new Curve 2 or go to Android
    01-10-10 09:33 PM
    I've been fighting a similar battle with my wife's and my Curve as well. Both our phones since the last major OS update will stop making any audible notifications after awhile, no rings, not IM sounds, email sounds, text sounds nothing, no sounds. Only way to fix it is to do a reboot/battery pull. Take them to the store, they tell me to reboot once in awhile. This after I've explained that I reboot every morning to try and help ensure that it will work all day.

Its now to the point that I have to reboot both phones sometimes 3-4 times a day. To top it off mine has gotten so slow I've have to remove apps to get it to run decent. Take a picture, wait a minute or two while it saves and resets for the next one. Wanna check your email, that might take 5 minutes by the time the hourglass is gone and it decides to move on. I delete my messages every day, I have my calendar set to the minimum days to keep stuff (15 I think), I clear my browser history and cache after every use. And all I get is "you'll have to reboot it"

I called Customer service, got the run around, told them all I want is a replacement phone, just fix it. Got nowhere, got sent to retentions, then to a supervisor, who said hello and hung up I think. Called back, got told I have to call Blackberry directly as sprint techs can only do so much. Call blackberry get told that they train sprint techs to be able to fix phone issues and that I shouldn't have to call them.

I wasted 4 hours and still have 2 ****ty phones....... Goodluck.
    01-10-10 11:17 PM
    As with any computer, as the memory available on them increases, it seems programmers either get lazy, sloppy, or start throwing in extras. So, a program that ran fine but has been upgrade for the latest greatest phone, now overtaxes the older phones.

My 8330(e) ran fine, but I kept it stripped to necessities (GPS navigation, maps, BBM, emails).

My wifes 8330(m) seems to hang up more, run slower, etc. However she's continually trying the latest theme (free...often times the problem) or fun gadget/program. I think this is where her problems arise. Also, although it's absolutely a ridiculous solution, blackberries seem to function best with a hard reset once a day or two.

Good luck with your curve. I just bought the curve 2, and while not a stellar piece of executive equipment, it's a functional fun phone with more memory and faster processor, and makes it a little more enjoyable now.
    01-11-10 07:47 AM
    He wasn't planning on getting the Tour, he was looking at the 8530.
    01-11-10 12:22 PM
    or look at the samsung moment :P
    01-11-10 03:54 PM
    He wasn't planning on getting the Tour, he was looking at the 8530.
    Oh no, I would most definitely take the Tour over the new Curve. Hands down.
    I am just looking at the financial aspects of it, telling Sprint that it'll be more inexpensive for them to replace my 8330 with an 8530. I just got a brand new 8330 sent to me, and if it starts having problems, I'll call CS again, get the Retentions dept which is how I got this phone sent to me again, and complain again. Knowing how close the Tour 2 is to being released though makes me not want to get the Tour 1 now. Who knows.

The supervisor in Retentions that I talked to said that they cant just hand out free phones anymore because that's how the company almost went bankrupt. I can understand that, but when a customer has documented problems continually, I don't see the problem in upgrading their phone for little or no cost to the customer.
    01-11-10 08:12 PM
    the 8330 is such a popular phone it's hard to believe that you can't seem to get one that works.
    01-11-10 09:40 PM
    the fact that you have had the same exact problem on more than one 8330, tells me that your problem is either 3rd party software related or simple user error. i find my 8330m with sprint and the newest OS 4.5.0.175 to be very dependable.
    01-20-10 06:04 PM
    If you switch to the Tour you're likely to end up with a different set of problems...
    01-20-10 06:26 PM
    the fact that you have had the same exact problem on more than one 8330, tells me that your problem is either 3rd party software related or simple user error. i find my 8330m with sprint and the newest OS 4.5.0.175 to be very dependable.
    It can't be 3rd party related. Both times they've replaced the phone, they deleted all the 3rd party apps and I continued to still have the same problems. And it's not user error. I can guarantee you that. I hadn't changed ANY settings on either my Gmail account or on the phone. And I still have problems. When I delete an email or Facebook notification on the phone, it won't delete the message from my Gmail account. How you could figure that to be user error is beyond me.

If you switch to the Tour you're likely to end up with a different set of problems...
    I thought the Tour was a better quality phone with less bugs....am I wrong?
    01-20-10 07:54 PM
    I thought the Tour was a better quality phone with less bugs....am I wrong?
    Yeah, you can find quite a bit of evidence on this all over the place.
    01-20-10 08:02 PM
    Yeah, you can find quite a bit of evidence on this all over the place.
    Wow...I didn't know that. I haven't cruised through the Tour forum yet. I'm not concerned with it at the moment. I am trying to buy a house and that's a bit more important than searching for a new phone.
    01-20-10 08:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD