Hi guys, I've been reading for a while, and am finally taking the plunge for a blackberry. I want to get the Bold once it arrives on AT&T, but am concerned about network coverage, particularly in light of the 3G problems that may or may not be the fault of AT&T on the iPhone.

I live in LA. How is coverage in general for blackberries in greater LA (I realize all of them are currently EDGE) for data and voice?

Thanks!
    09-05-08 12:26 PM
    Hi guys, I've been reading for a while, and am finally taking the plunge for a blackberry. I want to get the Bold once it arrives on AT&T, but am concerned about network coverage, particularly in light of the 3G problems that may or may not be the fault of AT&T on the iPhone.

I live in LA. How is coverage in general for blackberries in greater LA (I realize all of them are currently EDGE) for data and voice?

Thanks!
    You can actually go onto AT&T's website to view the coverage areas and how strong they are in certain areas. The 3G issues with the iphone should have nothing to do with your decision to get a Bold. There are other phones that work great on 3G in the same areas that the iphone doesn't work so great. So there's some skepticism that the problem could be a software issue in the iphone. Also, AT&T and RIM pushed back the release of the Bold to make sure it works properly for their network. This should give you confidence when it comes out that it will just fine.
    09-05-08 12:49 PM
    Thanks; I've looked at the coverage maps, but have also read and heard complaints, even in areas AT&T states are covered. I guess it's primarily an iPhone issue.
    09-05-08 01:41 PM
    Thanks; I've looked at the coverage maps, but have also read and heard complaints, even in areas AT&T states are covered. I guess it's primarily an iPhone issue.
    Yeah I think it's mostly those with iphone's that are complaining about the listed coverage vs actual coverage. I could be wrong, but I haven't seen a lot about users with other phones complaining about not having coverage in areas where the site says they should.

I don't think you will have any problems in LA especially it being such a large city as well as all the celebs with blackberries LOL.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 09-05-08 at 02:01 PM.
    09-05-08 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD