So... Decided I couldn't wait for the Q10 and wanted to try out a Z10. Sold my 9900 (from posting it on Kijiji to getting the money was literally 1 hour), went to a Virgin outlet in Ottawa and they rang it up at $621 including tax. Was surprised and looked at the bill showing $550 + tax.

Manager said they just lowered the price. I assume since it is Virgin that Bell has dropped their price as well (though Bell not making sense wouldn't surprise me either...)

This is now the same price as Koodo which was the cheapest in Canada outright (if I'm not wrong).

So, just thought I would share. It was a nice surprise for my b-day!

Now I have to figure out how everything works :-)
    03-01-13 01:49 PM
    No, they dropped the price to match Koodo. Several weeks ago in a conversation with him the kiosk manager at Metrotown (BC's largest shopping center) said that Virgin corporate was considering what to do about Koodo undercutting their business by pricing the phone $100 less. I guess they finally made a decision to drop the price. At that time my wife opted to go with Koodo only because they could not match the price of Koodo on the device itself.

Have fun with the Z10! It's an amazing phone Just be aware that like Bell, Virgin is having issues pushing out updates on time. This is screwing all of us unfortunately.
    03-01-13 01:57 PM