in case anyone is wondering, i called today and tried to get a price adjustment on my bb 9700 now that they're offering it for $50 off. they told me they couldn't because all phone and accessory prices are subject to change at any time. they DID tell me i could return it and then buy a new one at the discounted price (since i'm still within my 14-day buyer's remorse) but it's not worth it since i don't want to have to drive to UPS, provide t-mobile with a tracking number, and be without my phone again for a day or two. plus, my current 9700 (my 2nd) is fine right now.
    but maybe others will have better luck.
    11-27-09 05:09 PM
    I'm with you there, I called tmo also and was told the exact same thing. I just said ok thank you.
    11-27-09 06:06 PM
    in case anyone is wondering, i called today and tried to get a price adjustment on my bb 9700 now that they're offering it for $50 off. they told me they couldn't because all phone and accessory prices are subject to change at any time. they DID tell me i could return it and then buy a new one at the discounted price (since i'm still within my 14-day buyer's remorse) but it's not worth it since i don't want to have to drive to UPS, provide t-mobile with a tracking number, and be without my phone again for a day or two. plus, my current 9700 (my 2nd) is fine right now.
    but maybe others will have better luck.
    If there is a store nearby, I'd just drive over there. Return the phone. Then immediately buy it back at the adjusted price.
    11-27-09 07:48 PM
    He can't, unfortunately. Online/care purchases have to be returned to the same sales channel. The store can't exchange a purchase from care. That's disappointing that they would not do it for you. This is a situation where I would say to try calling back and getting to retentions. It's only fair that you get the new price, IMO

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-09 07:53 PM
    He can't, unfortunately. Online/care purchases have to be returned to the same sales channel. The store can't exchange a purchase from care.
    How "AT&T" like.

T-Mobile better watch it. They don't have the customer base to abuse with abandon the way AT&T does.

Hearing things like this makes me cringe.
    11-27-09 07:57 PM
    I bought my 9700 on the 17th. Full retail. Migrating to EM+ plan. Called 611 and asked nicely for a price adjustment explaining I didn't want to go into a retail store and go through the hassle. 10 mins later, after my rep talked to a supervisor, I have a $50 credit on my bill. Its all in how you ask. I explained that Best Buy and WalMart always price adjust and the rep was really cool.

11-27-09 08:24 PM
    So true, even if you don't get it, call like an hour later and you'll probably get a better rep that will do it. Thats what i did to get unlimited txt for my family plan for 9.99 few months ago
    11-29-09 08:31 PM
    I was able to get a $25.00 credit by calling CS with hardly any hassle. I probably could have got fifty if I really pushed it but I chose not to. They offered to give me the full fifty if I sent my current phone back and when they got a tracking # they would send a new one. Overall I'm happy.

11-29-09 11:55 PM
    How "AT&T" like.

T-Mobile better watch it. They don't have the customer base to abuse with abandon the way AT&T does.

Hearing things like this makes me cringe.
    I told you berry.........I finally cancelled all my lines with TMO after porting out saturday......I'de just had enough......went back to my regional CDMA carrier....not much better but at least I get the satisfaction of not giving my money to TMO........

SOmething has really changed with them in the last 30-90 days.....its like a different TMO......
    11-30-09 10:41 AM
    I told you berry.........I finally cancelled all my lines with TMO after porting out saturday......went back to my regional CDMA carrier
    I'm very sorry to hear this my old friend. I hope this doesn't affect your presence here on the CrackBerry Forums. Place wouldn't be the same without you.

11-30-09 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD