So I know att is going after the iphone users amd the iphone but I think the blackberry world should join in because they are prob coming after us next. Check out http://www.fakesteve.net

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-09 12:41 AM
    Blackberry data is more compressed then the iPhone. Basically this fake steve guy wants all at&t users to do this so his blog can get bigger once people ask about it and people are passing the story. Does anyone think this DDoS attack can lead to people with no service/ degraded service and in emergency's where people need 911, they cannot access it because of a stupid attack to prove something to at&t they already know.
    12-16-09 12:53 PM
    *Sigh* waste of time!

I'll be in San Francisco (Union Square) tomorrow and see how bad it gets!
    12-16-09 05:05 PM
    This is the same thing all these people complain about with gas prices. "ooh, let's all not buy gas for a day, that'll sock it to 'em"

Yeah, like anyone cares, because tomorrow you'll still need gas. This is the same. It's a worthless point. You want to improve service? Turn your iPhone off when you're not using it. It already does you a favor by not being able to multitask, but do the whole network a favor by shutting it off and quit idly wasting bandwidth.
    12-17-09 05:42 PM
    They are united to improve AT&T's network by punishing other AT&T customers! Yeah, that'll show AT&T!
    12-17-09 07:35 PM
    They are united to improve AT&T's network by punishing other AT&T customers! Yeah, that'll show AT&T!
    papped, that made my opening this worthless thread almost worth having opened it. almost...
    12-17-09 07:38 PM
    Fake steve tried to stop it saying it was all a joke, now its too late. He is pretty stupid.
    12-17-09 11:33 PM
    Honestly, kinda glad i tried this... my phones been streaming pandora and giving me street directions from LA to NY and to DC.... and its the bb thats stalling on me... *shhh... but go ATT*

(In Los Angeles, btw)

and they are not trying to crash ATT.com (DDoA) , just crash/test the wireless network...
    12-18-09 02:53 PM
    That's lame. Talk about making a big problem even worse. People complain that AT&T is screwing all of its customers to target a select few, and they turn around and do the same thing. They're effectively impacting the network for everybody. Way to go hypocracy!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 04:12 PM
    If people really want to stick it to AT&T, then they can change providers. Planning a DDoS attack is probably the dumbest idea I've ever heard. It also hurts everyone else, if it actually works. I hope it failed, and didn't impact any emergency calls...
    12-18-09 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD