I've had no problems using Opera, Gmail, and Google Maps and all of sudden nothing will get them to work. No internet connection detected. Tried all sorts of reboots and power offs. Nada.

Windows Live Search still works as well as my normal email/BB Messenger.

Any ideas?
    06-19-08 06:28 PM
    When that happens to me, usually a battery pull or two usually gets it working again.
    06-19-08 06:32 PM
    If the Battery pull doesn't do it -
    Go to Options> Advanced> Host Routing Table> Hit Menu> select Register Now, then wait for the confirmation Email.
    06-19-08 06:34 PM
    It happens to me too ..but when I reboot then sometimes it still dosent work . So I go to my settings and noticed that the WIFI box was checked, unchecked it and viola it works , VIIGO works fine, Yahoo too dont have GOOGLE talk or Maps. Gotta get WLS im hearing alot of good things.

PS IM TALKING ABOUT OPERA MINI
    06-19-08 06:49 PM
    It has been haPpening more frequently with me. I just got back on it now after trying all morning. I noticed even the map programs take forever to load at times (or don't load at all). Hopefully its just something small

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-08 11:12 AM
    I'm still not getting anything...Any other ideas? I've tried everything!
    06-22-08 11:27 PM
    Having the same issues, glad it's not just me. Weathereye, and mapping still working but not Opera. Done countless battery pulls, still nothing.

06-23-08 08:31 AM
    Weathereye and Windows Live Search seem to still be working.

Viigo, Opera, Gmail, Google Maps all are not.
    06-23-08 09:20 AM
    you on the unltd email plan?
    06-23-08 09:38 AM
    you on the unltd email plan?

I am, otherwise this wouldn't "free" stuff right?
    06-23-08 11:36 AM
    I have all my apps stop connecting to the network at least once a day too... I started fixing it with a simple battery pull but now Im too lazy and just do a full power down wait 10 secs, then pwr it back up and im g2g again.
    If a battery pull still doesnt work, double check your network settings.. I know Viigo has to work through WAP, Opera is http...
    06-23-08 12:00 PM
    Thanks for the tips. I am on the email plan and I am well aware of all work arounds and the need to power down. I seriously think Rogers is slowly killing this.
    Nothing I have tried has worked. I'm talking all sorts of battery pulls, re-registering etc. My BB is a useless brick without this free stuff working. iPhone here we come...
    06-23-08 02:34 PM
    The loophole ceased to work for me on Friday at midnight. I know this because I was out at the bar and checked my Facebook via Opera Mini at 11:30pm, and then after midnight when I tried I couldn't get it to work. After that, Opera Mini, Google Maps, Windows Live Search, Gmail App, all wouldn't work for me (although, curiously, Viigo worked, Weather Eye worked, and the ESPN browser loophole worked). I took this as a sign I should switch to the new $30/300mb data plan and like everyone else who did so, I went through a weekend of problems, but my BIS is now flowing perfectly!

Here's the question though---do you really think it's coincidence that the loophole died THE SAME DAY that the new data plans were introduced??? I don't!
    06-23-08 03:38 PM
    I'm still able to use opera, viigo, google maps with no problems at all.

06-23-08 04:11 PM
    All my "free" stuff still works fine on the $15 plan. . . Lmari did you try uninstalling/reinstalling opera to your berry? Mine stopped working a few months ago and when I uninstalled opera then reinstalled it everything worked fine
    06-23-08 04:26 PM
    I get the "failed to connect to internet" at least once or twice a day when I'm using opera.. All I do is turn off the wireless, wait a few seconds and turn it back on. And it everything works, a lot faster than doing a battery pull or a reboot

06-23-08 05:00 PM
    I get the "failed to connect to internet" at least once or twice a day when I'm using opera.. All I do is turn off the wireless, wait a few seconds and turn it back on. And it everything works, a lot faster than doing a battery pull or a reboot

HAHA even better!
    06-23-08 06:31 PM
    In the past couple of days I have lost all "free" services. Friday I updated to 4.5.0.44 and had to use my wifes Paygo SIM to reconnect with weathereye and MLS, but both worked fine when I switched back to my SIM.

Yesterday after the BIS 2.5 update I could only get the short term and long term forcast for weathereye and I lost MLS. Today after the second BIS update, I have lost weathereye completely. I used this quite abit in the short time I have had it and really hope I can get it back!

Opera Mini stopped working for me some time ago and I was never able to get it back!

Any suggestions?
    06-29-08 06:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD