Lets make this simple. My BB Bold runs on O� Germany, its unlocked so every other provider should work as well in general. I'm in the US every once in a while and will stay there for 2 1/2 month later this year again, so I am looking for a solution to keep using my BB. without paying exorbitant roaming costs.

My boss (company is in PA) has his iPhone with ATT and we thought about using a 2nd SIM or something like that.

Any suggestions or advice how to proceed and what exactly to choose/do here?

Thanks in advance!
    07-19-09 09:59 AM
    Lets make this simple. My BB Bold runs on O� Germany, its unlocked so every other provider should work as well in general. I'm in the US every once in a while and will stay there for 2 1/2 month later this year again, so I am looking for a solution to keep using my BB. without paying exorbitant roaming costs.

My boss (company is in PA) has his iPhone with ATT and we thought about using a 2nd SIM or something like that.

Any suggestions or advice how to proceed and what exactly to choose/do here?

Thanks in advance!
    You wouldn't be able to have two SIM cards activate on one wireless number if that's what you're implying.

Basically if your boss happened to have an additional line on the account that wasn't used much, you could have him add the BlackBerry data plan to that line, use the sim for the two-three month duration and just pay the $30-45 for unlimited data per month depending on what plan you needed.

Unfortunatly there is no pre-paid BlackBerry service for any carrier in the US.
    07-20-09 07:01 PM
    Thanks alot, that helps. The SIM I was referring to does belong to an unused line, so that should make it possible I take it.

Do I assume right that all data (i.e email address and such) is connected to the PIN and not the SIM which means I am able to receive and send my emails the usual way? Or is there any special setup involved?
    07-21-09 03:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD