11-23-08 03:22 PM
53 123
tools
    So ur problem is getting phones that are out of date? What exactly makes them out of date? I don't get this. I'd gladly wait a year for the phone's price to drop in half rather than be the first to get it and pay the premium. Why do I need the newest tech as soon as it's available? To show off and brag? What's gonna be out of date about the bold in a year? When the Curve came out it was just a new BB with year old phone tech.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-08 07:57 PM
    Oh, by the way, if you haven't seen/read this post, you should. Originally posted in "javelin in the next 30-60 days tmobile":

Originally Posted by BerryBum420 View Post
    Screw it, I already typed a long *** response so I'm postin it here: this is addressed to anyone who (like a fat,spoiled baby)said they were leaving tmobile because they don't have nationwide 3G or the crappy Bold yet..... Personally, I think anyone who leaves an otherwise outstanding carrier to go to a different company which carries a "special" kind of phone is a moron who deserves to get screwed over.... If you are seriously considering leaving Tmobile because they don't have the Bold yet(which neither does the oh so great AT&T) then you are a f*ckin dumb sh*t.... The Bold isn't out in the U.S yet because of one reason: it sucks. Like the iphone, it looks nice but the insides are all sh*tty. Also, I don't see why everyone is so obsessed with 3G....its really not much better than 2.5, maybe 10% faster at best... Why do you all need 3G anyway? Are you really that fuc*in important? You're all what- in college, right? Maybe you're a mid-level office b*tch who really doesn't even need a cell phone to begin with? Get off the fu*kin bandwagon those fa*got carriers like GAyT&T have you all obsessed with and be grateful you have a carrier like Tmobile who puts up with your ****ty credit scores,constant whining, ungratefulness, and STILL treats you better than any carrier out there when you call 611 to complain about how you don't have 3G or a Bold because you're such a vital and important part of society that you deserve those things..****,you're entitled to 'em because of how much you have done for the world and society as a whole,right?) Not to mention Tmobile has been proven to have a more reliable network than both att and "can ya f*ck me in the *** now? Verizon; combined. Especially in less populated(and thus more intelligent) areas of the world. Oh and did you forget Tmo was the FIRST to launch the phenomenon that has become the BB Pearl??? As*holes... Have some f*ckin class....And in case you didn't know, Tmobile is the largest WORLDWIDE carrier(a lot bigger than just the U.S.)With that said, I am a customer service rep who can't otherwise say these things to you sh*ts when you call us at 611....so next time you do call, remember when you're whining and acting like the poor,classless piece of trash you are, that all of us customer service reps are trying our best not to wig out and verbally destroy you like I have just done).... go to at&t, have fun trying to get decent customer service(how many times have they won JD Power in last 10 years???)or save ANY money for that matter, you'd be the first to get more value from them... Give it a shot, f*ckstick....glad this blog isn't monitored or recorded for quality and training purposes like my calls are.... P.S: to the rest of the customers who appreciate us, thank you....
    Whoa that was a little much.
    11-05-08 08:13 PM
    DANG SUCKA!!!

Now im afraid to call TMobile and ask about my upgrade when and if we get the Javelin/89xx
    I would be afraid too.
    11-05-08 08:15 PM
    I wouldn't switch to any other service provider if I were you. T-Mobile has excellent customer service compared to others. I currently own a Blackberry Curve 8320 and it's a great phone. I used to have the Pearl in white and after a year I decided to go full keyboard. T-Moblie is actually one of the first service providers to offer the 4.5 OS upgrade. With the upgrade my Curve now has a video camera, upgraded browser, voice recording, and its even faster than before.
    11-06-08 10:24 AM
    Gee Hamp, tell us what you really think :-) and THAT is why I would never be a customer service rep. For the record, I like T-Mobile and you're right about a lot of what you said. T-Mo gotme my phone I for one will always be grateful. They do have good customer service so YES, some of us do appreciate you. Now CHILL already.
    11-06-08 10:52 AM
    P.S. Let's also remember that T-Mo has the Sidekick which a LOT of young people like and NO ONE else has that. It's all relative.
    11-06-08 10:57 AM
    nice post HAMP! I feel ya! I love Tmo's customer service (im being serious).
    11-06-08 11:14 AM
    well Telus doesn't have anything new until..........................

next month we are getting the Storm yipppeeee!!!!!!!
    11-06-08 11:31 AM
    P.S. Let's also remember that T-Mo has the Sidekick which a LOT of young people like and NO ONE else has that. It's all relative.
    And the sidekick is a locked out, underperforming, crappy device... should not even be considered a smartphone sorry, but that argument really does not help TMobile
    11-06-08 12:11 PM
    And the sidekick is a locked out, underperforming, crappy device... should not even be considered a smartphone sorry, but that argument really does not help TMobile
    i agree about the sidekick being a horrible phone...i had that garbage before i got my curve.

but i think their original point was that even with that, tmobile still has in some way managed to properly market something that has obviously reached the masses (the fact that these "masses" are mostly teenagers is irrelevant for right now) and it's STILL going strong. there are people who were clawing for one of those sidekick LX thingamajiggers that came out this summer.
    11-06-08 12:43 PM
    I thought Sprint/Nextel was going to get the 8350i.....
    I guess you're right. Though I thought it was just a push to talk curve. Oh well.
    11-06-08 01:04 PM
    Oh, by the way, if you haven't seen/read this post, you should. Originally posted in "javelin in the next 30-60 days tmobile":

Screw it, I already typed a long *** response so I'm postin it here: this is addressed to anyone who (like a fat,spoiled baby)said they were leaving tmobile because they don't have nationwide 3G or the crappy Bold yet..... Personally, I think anyone who leaves an otherwise outstanding carrier to go to a different company which carries a "special" kind of phone is a moron who deserves to get screwed over.... If you are seriously considering leaving Tmobile because they don't have the Bold yet(which neither does the oh so great AT&T) then you are a f*ckin dumb sh*t.... The Bold isn't out in the U.S yet because of one reason: it sucks. Like the iphone, it looks nice but the insides are all sh*tty. Also, I don't see why everyone is so obsessed with 3G....its really not much better than 2.5, maybe 10% faster at best... Why do you all need 3G anyway? Are you really that fuc*in important? You're all what- in college, right? Maybe you're a mid-level office b*tch who really doesn't even need a cell phone to begin with? Get off the fu*kin bandwagon those fa*got carriers like GAyT&T have you all obsessed with and be grateful you have a carrier like Tmobile who puts up with your ****ty credit scores,constant whining, ungratefulness, and STILL treats you better than any carrier out there when you call 611 to complain about how you don't have 3G or a Bold because you're such a vital and important part of society that you deserve those things..****,you're entitled to 'em because of how much you have done for the world and society as a whole,right?) Not to mention Tmobile has been proven to have a more reliable network than both att and "can ya f*ck me in the *** now? Verizon; combined. Especially in less populated(and thus more intelligent) areas of the world. Oh and did you forget Tmo was the FIRST to launch the phenomenon that has become the BB Pearl??? As*holes... Have some f*ckin class....And in case you didn't know, Tmobile is the largest WORLDWIDE carrier(a lot bigger than just the U.S.)With that said, I am a customer service rep who can't otherwise say these things to you sh*ts when you call us at 611....so next time you do call, remember when you're whining and acting like the poor,classless piece of trash you are, that all of us customer service reps are trying our best not to wig out and verbally destroy you like I have just done).... go to at&t, have fun trying to get decent customer service(how many times have they won JD Power in last 10 years???)or save ANY money for that matter, you'd be the first to get more value from them... Give it a shot, f*ckstick....glad this blog isn't monitored or recorded for quality and training purposes like my calls are.... P.S: to the rest of the customers who appreciate us, thank you....

I see what they're saying about how people up and leave a company because they want the "New" phones that are out. But seriously, the way they just handled the situation is very immature and unprofessional. Thanks for making t-mobile reps look like complete morons now. They need to calm down, think up some more educated words, then maybe express himself in a mature manner. Because if that's how he treats his customers, I'm sure his commission checks really SUCK.

That said, The BB Flip DOES suck. I have one, along with a Curve 8320, Pearl 8100 and pearl 8120. It feels very un-sturdy just by picking it up and it's nothing "special" at all. They could've done more to it. It's just not as high-quality as I'd expect it to be. Everyone is entitled to their opinions though!

And, it's kind of a dumb (for lack of a better word) idea to switch to AT&T just because you like the current "hot phone". Because you'll just wander right back to Tmo or another carrier once they launch something better. It's called Patience people! Geezz.....

ETA: I did own a Sidekick SLIDE and it was wonderful! I had the Sidekick III and original sidekick as well, and didn't like them. I thought they'd fall apart in my hand! But the Slide really was a good phone. Just sayin'.
    Last edited by arose4me7305; 11-07-08 at 09:24 AM.
    11-07-08 09:19 AM
    Those "New and Cool" phones we tend to get aggrivated about, by not having the chance to get our hands on them, are bid on by other companies because they need them to attract new customers. They don't care about offering the "best" phones to their current customer base, they only care about the new customers being attracted by the newest release phones. People see those phones and immediately want that carrier; while ignoring important things like cellular service, pricing, and customer service.

-My T-mobile contract was up 4 months ago and I almost switched to Sprint, becasue they had the black 8330 for 74.99 + a free 2 gb MD. I didn't have any problem with t-mobile, but when compared to the T-Mo 8320 priced at $199 after rebates (about 3 montha ago), it just made the Sprint 8330 look so much better. Then I realized that they are just a horrible company and I was being blinded by a flashy phone with a cheap price tag. Oh yeah, Sprint is currently trading at US $3.37...LOL
    11-07-08 04:36 PM
    Gotta love Corporate America and how they prey on how people go nuts for the latest and greatest. When whatever they use still works just fine. Pretty much this goes for anything.

I'll be going on 2 years of having my 8700g and I just plan on getting a new body for it, getting that scratch proof protector for it. Heck just recently bought an extended life battery for it. So it's gonna be my phone until it officially stops working.

Those "New and Cool" phones we tend to get aggrivated about, by not having the chance to get our hands on them, are bid on by other companies because they need them to attract new customers. They don't care about offering the "best" phones to their current customer base, they only care about the new customers being attracted by the newest release phones. People see those phones and immediately want that carrier; while ignoring important things like cellular service, pricing, and customer service.

-My T-mobile contract was up 4 months ago and I almost switched to Sprint, becasue they had the black 8330 for 74.99 + a free 2 gb MD. I didn't have any problem with t-mobile, but when compared to the T-Mo 8320 priced at $199 after rebates (about 3 montha ago), it just made the Sprint 8330 look so much better. Then I realized that they are just a horrible company and I was being blinded by a flashy phone with a cheap price tag. Oh yeah, Sprint is currently trading at US $3.37...LOL
    11-08-08 08:20 AM
    T-Mobile got the G1, that could possibly be an amazing phone once apps start flowing out.
    11-08-08 10:18 AM
    that G1 phone has some really nice features, but i really hate the actual phone. it feels cheap and rushed imho.
    11-11-08 06:06 PM

I thought China Mobile was the world's largest carrier.
    11-12-08 12:59 AM
    I guess with this news we can end this thread...for now?
    I am glad we are gonna get a Curve "2" (BlackBerry 8900) at least. I hope this US release isn't too far off.
    11-12-08 12:27 PM
    I agree with pretty much every when they say the pearl flip is lame. I have played with them a few times and they just feel cheap. Definately not RIM's bet offering ever, but it is nice to see them thinking out of the box.
    11-12-08 01:29 PM
    I like the concept of the "flip" and think it appeals to a younger dynamic (like T-Mo's consumer base). But I feared that it would be "cheap". If the form is successful and there us an interest then maybe RIM will go back to the drawing board for more. I am a hardcore blackberry user and prefer the Pearl, I like the size. I've been tempted by QWERTY, but I like my "pocketable" pearl. I would consider a sturdy, reliable flip blackberry...

11-15-08 12:15 AM
    That was absolutely hilarious! But on the serious tip, dawg: maybe customer service isn't a good fit for you.
    I agree TMO is better than ATT. i also heard 3G battery sucks big time!!! TMO service is better and more customer focused
    11-15-08 09:09 PM
    Rotfl!!!!!

11-18-08 02:49 AM
    The BlackBerry Bold is out already in Florida!! =D I can't believe it, its said so be out everywhere else next year. I'm going to florida to buy it
    11-18-08 08:16 PM
    I'm in florida.
    The BlackBerry Bold is out already in Florida!! =D I can't believe it, its said so be out everywhere else next year. I'm going to florida to buy it
    11-19-08 07:13 PM

It has been out for 2 weeks... but not for T-Mo USA. You can unlock one and use it on T-Mo.
    11-19-08 07:19 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD