With all the brouhaha about new Blackberry's landing all over, you're telling me that the best Tmobile could do is the lame Blackberry Flip!? I got something I'd like to flip. It disgusts me that AT$T have exclusivity on the iphone and The Blackberry Bold. And Disney, um, sorry, Microsoft, I mean sorry Verizon, have the awesome Blackberry Storm!? And WTF do we get? The flip and no forecast in the future for the Curve II or The Bold!? I am so sick and tired of watching the parade go by at inferior carriers. I am this close to switching to AT$T....this close.
    11-04-08 02:41 PM
    hang tough! All the carriers eventually get all the BB's. It's just the waiting that hurts.
    11-04-08 02:44 PM
    hang tough! All the carriers eventually get all the BB's. It's just the waiting that hurts.
    this is true but by the time T-Mobile gets anything good its usually out of date, unless you want a Sidekick....

as for Valmont1978, dont go to the dark side (at$t), just buy the phone you want and unlock it....
    11-04-08 03:40 PM
    With all the brouhaha about new Blackberry's landing all over, you're telling me that the best Tmobile could do is the lame Blackberry Flip!? I got something I'd like to flip. It disgusts me that AT$T have exclusivity on the iphone and The Blackberry Bold. And Disney, um, sorry, Microsoft, I mean sorry Verizon, have the awesome Blackberry Storm!? And WTF do we get? The flip and no forecast in the future for the Curve II or The Bold!? I am so sick and tired of watching the parade go by at inferior carriers. I am this close to switching to AT$T....this close.
    i thought the same thing when i heard of us getting that flippy thing. a shame we have some awesome service/prices but ridiculous choices for phones...

and i was also considering doin the switch to at&t, but nah. at&t has stupid pricing and their coverage in my area isn't that good. tmobile is actually worth the wait for me.
    11-04-08 05:08 PM
    Everyone seems to forget that the Pearl first came to T-Mobile. I am sure the next great BlackBerry/Garage Door Opener/Foreman Grill phone will belong to T-Mobile.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-08 11:40 PM
    I realize this thread isn't ment to be humorous but its sort of struck me as so!

I'm not a T-Mo customer nor do I intend to ever be, but I thought the same thing about the phones. AT&T always seems to get the best phones while everyone gets stuck waiting around for the device "trickle down". Verizon actually surprised me when they scored the Storm. I was disappointed though as I have NO desire for a non-keyboard touch phone! Seriously, it's a cost thing. AT&T is no doubt investing a pretty penny to get exclusive rights to the great devices. This is something that T-Mo isn't/can't/won't do. They don't have the ability to, but as a result they offer the best rates around! Seems like a fair enough trade!

So, as those before me have said: "hang tough, be strong, and don't go to the dark side"!

11-05-08 12:02 AM
    I have to agree. I'm not that impressed with the phone to begin with, and with all the others coming out on other carriers, it just seems like peanuts.
    11-05-08 12:25 AM
    T-Mo USA did not get shafted on the Bold. It was made for them as well but they passed on it.
    11-05-08 12:32 AM
    got the bold..............RELAX!!!!!!!!!!!! it is not worth switching providers. the 8220 does pretty much the EXACT SAME THING!!! got the 8220 too!!
    11-05-08 07:02 AM
    T-Mobile has a young, cost-conscious customer base. Accordingly, the company tends to focus on feature rich (particularly peer to peer and multi-media) handsets that can retail for under $200.

They like the Pearl and Pearl flip (it's just a different case) because they hit those target customers and price points. The Curve fits the tech-savvy prosumer group that T-Mobile also has (graduates of young, cost conscious).

The Bold, the Storm, iPhone, etc. are business-oriented handsets targeted at higher-end groups (and higher price points). T-Mobile would likely think that they couldn't sell enough of them into the T-Mobile base to make sense.
    11-05-08 09:16 AM
    About three years back i got fed up with tmobile not getting the good phones first and I actually jumped ship to at&t. i'm back on t-mobile now and i will just be patient. Sure would like to see the BOLD on t-mobile at some point.
    11-05-08 09:31 AM
    I'm not switching carriers just because a device is/seems cool! I've been with TMO for 3 years strong, I have the Curve 8320 and love it and I can wait for the Javelin to come to TMO.

By the time a device comes to a particular carrier, it's successor is in the wings waiting anyway. Besides, every device and carrier has it's strong and weak points. T-Mobile and the Curve (or it's successor) suit my needs just fine!
    11-05-08 09:43 AM
    Oh, by the way, if you haven't seen/read this post, you should. Originally posted in "javelin in the next 30-60 days tmobile":

Originally Posted by BerryBum420 View Post
    Screw it, I already typed a long *** response so I'm postin it here: this is addressed to anyone who (like a fat,spoiled baby)said they were leaving tmobile because they don't have nationwide 3G or the crappy Bold yet..... Personally, I think anyone who leaves an otherwise outstanding carrier to go to a different company which carries a "special" kind of phone is a moron who deserves to get screwed over.... If you are seriously considering leaving Tmobile because they don't have the Bold yet(which neither does the oh so great AT&T) then you are a f*ckin dumb sh*t.... The Bold isn't out in the U.S yet because of one reason: it sucks. Like the iphone, it looks nice but the insides are all sh*tty. Also, I don't see why everyone is so obsessed with 3G....its really not much better than 2.5, maybe 10% faster at best... Why do you all need 3G anyway? Are you really that fuc*in important? You're all what- in college, right? Maybe you're a mid-level office b*tch who really doesn't even need a cell phone to begin with? Get off the fu*kin bandwagon those fa*got carriers like GAyT&T have you all obsessed with and be grateful you have a carrier like Tmobile who puts up with your ****ty credit scores,constant whining, ungratefulness, and STILL treats you better than any carrier out there when you call 611 to complain about how you don't have 3G or a Bold because you're such a vital and important part of society that you deserve those things..****,you're entitled to 'em because of how much you have done for the world and society as a whole,right?) Not to mention Tmobile has been proven to have a more reliable network than both att and "can ya f*ck me in the *** now? Verizon; combined. Especially in less populated(and thus more intelligent) areas of the world. Oh and did you forget Tmo was the FIRST to launch the phenomenon that has become the BB Pearl??? As*holes... Have some f*ckin class....And in case you didn't know, Tmobile is the largest WORLDWIDE carrier(a lot bigger than just the U.S.)With that said, I am a customer service rep who can't otherwise say these things to you sh*ts when you call us at 611....so next time you do call, remember when you're whining and acting like the poor,classless piece of trash you are, that all of us customer service reps are trying our best not to wig out and verbally destroy you like I have just done).... go to at&t, have fun trying to get decent customer service(how many times have they won JD Power in last 10 years???)or save ANY money for that matter, you'd be the first to get more value from them... Give it a shot, f*ckstick....glad this blog isn't monitored or recorded for quality and training purposes like my calls are.... P.S: to the rest of the customers who appreciate us, thank you....
    11-05-08 09:50 AM
    Oh, by the way, if you haven't seen/read this post, you should. Originally posted in "javelin in the next 30-60 days tmobile":

Screw it, I already typed a long *** response so I'm postin it here: this is addressed to anyone who (like a fat,spoiled baby)said they were leaving tmobile because they don't have nationwide 3G or the crappy Bold yet..... Personally, I think anyone who leaves an otherwise outstanding carrier to go to a different company which carries a "special" kind of phone is a moron who deserves to get screwed over.... If you are seriously considering leaving Tmobile because they don't have the Bold yet(which neither does the oh so great AT&T) then you are a f*ckin dumb sh*t.... The Bold isn't out in the U.S yet because of one reason: it sucks. Like the iphone, it looks nice but the insides are all sh*tty. Also, I don't see why everyone is so obsessed with 3G....its really not much better than 2.5, maybe 10% faster at best... Why do you all need 3G anyway? Are you really that fuc*in important? You're all what- in college, right? Maybe you're a mid-level office b*tch who really doesn't even need a cell phone to begin with? Get off the fu*kin bandwagon those fa*got carriers like GAyT&T have you all obsessed with and be grateful you have a carrier like Tmobile who puts up with your ****ty credit scores,constant whining, ungratefulness, and STILL treats you better than any carrier out there when you call 611 to complain about how you don't have 3G or a Bold because you're such a vital and important part of society that you deserve those things..****,you're entitled to 'em because of how much you have done for the world and society as a whole,right?) Not to mention Tmobile has been proven to have a more reliable network than both att and "can ya f*ck me in the *** now? Verizon; combined. Especially in less populated(and thus more intelligent) areas of the world. Oh and did you forget Tmo was the FIRST to launch the phenomenon that has become the BB Pearl??? As*holes... Have some f*ckin class....And in case you didn't know, Tmobile is the largest WORLDWIDE carrier(a lot bigger than just the U.S.)With that said, I am a customer service rep who can't otherwise say these things to you sh*ts when you call us at 611....so next time you do call, remember when you're whining and acting like the poor,classless piece of trash you are, that all of us customer service reps are trying our best not to wig out and verbally destroy you like I have just done).... go to at&t, have fun trying to get decent customer service(how many times have they won JD Power in last 10 years???)or save ANY money for that matter, you'd be the first to get more value from them... Give it a shot, f*ckstick....glad this blog isn't monitored or recorded for quality and training purposes like my calls are.... P.S: to the rest of the customers who appreciate us, thank you....

whoa.....
    11-05-08 03:31 PM

That was absolutely hilarious! But on the serious tip, dawg: maybe customer service isn't a good fit for you.
    11-05-08 03:50 PM
    ITS NOT ALWAYS ABOUT BLACKBERRY'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They Got that Crazy G1 Phone.

Sheesh! Cant Have Everything.
    11-05-08 04:14 PM
    Wow that customer service rep must have had an extremely bad day. The reason I think Tmobile hasn't gotten the Bold, iPhone, Storm, etc. is because there 3g network isn't anywhere close to the coverage ATT and Verizon have. 3g is the "hot" thing so it wouldn't make sense to release a device and brag about 3g when the network is almost non existent. Tmobile is supposed to be getting the Javelin. (Javelin sounds so much better than Curve 2 lol) That won't have 3g, it will just have edge. Edge is fine for me, everyone loves to make it sound like were still using dial up but for what I do its great. It makes a big difference on the iPhone because the screen is so big and it was designed to load data intensive sites. I bet the average Curve/Pearl user only uses their mobile browser to view mobile sites not full blown webpages.
    11-05-08 04:20 PM
    Foreman grill phone... LMAO that's f'n funny.

I'm willing to wait for the next phone to come out.. in the meantime I'm just going to order a new shell for my 8700g, some laminate to keep it from getting scratched and I'm good and happy with it.

Everyone seems to forget that the Pearl first came to T-Mobile. I am sure the next great BlackBerry/Garage Door Opener/Foreman Grill phone will belong to T-Mobile.

11-05-08 04:28 PM
    That was awesome yet funny as well. How true.

11-05-08 04:36 PM
    ummm i'm not shafted.......if you want the sexy phones go out and buy them and unlock them.....
    11-05-08 04:51 PM

DANG SUCKA!!!

Now im afraid to call TMobile and ask about my upgrade when and if we get the Javelin/89xx
    11-05-08 05:23 PM
    If it makes you feel better Sprint doesn't have any new Blackberry. I like the service but this is depressing.

Does anyone know if Sprint is planning on getting any of these and when?
    11-05-08 05:36 PM
    If it makes you feel better Sprint doesn't have any new Blackberry. I like the service but this is depressing.

Does anyone know if Sprint is planning on getting any of these and when?

I thought Sprint/Nextel was going to get the 8350i.....
    11-05-08 05:43 PM
    EDGE isn't even that slow. It's more of your signal strength than every thing. If you have full signal its not that bad. I never notice it much though cause I am always on WiFi on my Curve. The times I have had to use EDGE it was fine as long as I had good signal.
    11-05-08 06:51 PM
    How true the signal strength is what matters.. Some places Edge is extremely speedy.. Then if I'm someplace else.. it takes it's time.. But I'm happy it does what I want it to do with my 8700g.

EDGE isn't even that slow. It's more of your signal strength than every thing. If you have full signal its not that bad. I never notice it much though cause I am always on WiFi on my Curve. The times I have had to use EDGE it was fine as long as I had good signal.
    11-05-08 06:55 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD