I Have a Sprint Blackberry Curve 8530 & I Cant use sprint because is too expensive for me at the moment . So i want to knoe if i could flash this phone unlock it or do w.e so i could use it with any other company like Boost, Virgin Mobile or Metro Pcs So could Someone Please help me because i feel so useless with this phone.
    09-20-10 07:48 PM
    U could flash it to cricket or metropcs.. Check out flashing blackberry to metro on craigslist..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-10 07:53 PM
    FYI metro's blackberry plan is only 9 dollars cheeper than sprints unlimited mobile to mobile plan which works for almost anyone... And sprint is nation wide... Metro is not..

09-20-10 07:56 PM
    Thanks , would i get charge to get my phone flashed?
    09-20-10 07:57 PM
    yeah Buh metros is with no contract though
    09-20-10 07:59 PM
    To each their own.. Make sure with whomever flashes the phone that it includes web an mms... Good luck to you.. Also FYI if you travel outside of metro's coverage area and want to talk you have to setup a metro connect account which could cost anywhere from 49 to 89 cents a min.. Text messaging is free however.. But if u don't travel don't worry about it.. An metro has virtually non existent customer service.. IMO I'd never have metro again..again good luck to u!

09-20-10 08:07 PM
    Yes u will be charged. It could vary n price I think metro will do it for 10$ but don't think that includes web an mms.. U could flash it yourself with a prog called QPST for free.. I've done it but its a pain in the neck..

09-20-10 08:09 PM
    Stop cross posting..
    09-20-10 08:11 PM
    Yeah Can Please give me the instructions on how to do it on my own including the data plan if you can please
    09-20-10 08:12 PM
    Hey Can you give me the instructions on how to flash it my self & Can i get the metro BB data plan also?
    09-20-10 08:27 PM
    I searched on youtube for instructions for flashing blackberry or QPST an just followed the steps you'll need to find meto's prl and get your mep code (ithink that's what the call it) from sprint.. Check you tube out.. Wish I could help more.. But I'm on the bb an it would take forever to walk u through it and have to go to bed.. Good night :::: yawn ::::

09-20-10 08:33 PM
    I had a flashed Metro BB before. You have no access to push e-mail, App World or many BB apps. Unless something has changed, you cannot add Metro's BB plan to a flashed phone.
    09-21-10 08:36 AM
    hi how are you guys, my name is mike and im a new user to crackberry, i have a problem and hoping you guys can help me, my brother just passed on feb 1st from brain damage, and before he passed i had a blackberry curve 8530 for sprint, but now after i paid funeral costs, i cannot afford 90 bucks a month for the same service i can get on metro for 50 or 60, now i know flashing my phone will not give me internet or anything like that, it will only give me calls and texts, and thats basically all i need, i just dont have the money to go flash it for 50 bucks and then pay 50 bucks for the plan, all i need is the calls and the texts, please help somebody in need, my number is 313-909-2957, and myemail is [email protected], or you guys can just reply to this, please help somebody in desperate need of a phone atm, thanks in advance
    02-28-12 05:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD