Can anyone tell me if I have a Verizon blackberry, can the esn be cleared to be activated on us cellular. Even if its a blackberry that USCC never carried.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-08 10:54 PM
    11-03-08 10:57 PM
    I haven't had a chance to look at the page yet so excuse me if this answer is in there. But I called customer service today and asked if I had a Verizon phone with a clear esn if they could put in on the network and I received a "no". But is there a work around?

11-04-08 03:01 PM
    CDMA (Verizon, Alltel, Sprint, USC) phone cant be unlocked like GSM (At&t, T-Mo) can. Flashing is possible but very rarely can you get a carrier to do it. They want to sell you there phone and it takes specialize hardware, software and know how that they would rather not invest the time and money on for no return. Third party flashing services like the one I provided to you is your only hope and doesn't always work depending on the carriers you're coming/going to. One of the reasons I will only use GSM carriers.
    11-04-08 03:10 PM
    Verizon to USC is available on their site and will cost you $60.
    11-04-08 03:12 PM
    what kind of shape is your verizon curve in

i have a USCC Curve i dont want and want to switch to verizon

we need to talk

jason.stiner@gmail.com
    11-05-08 11:43 AM
    what kind of shape is your verizon curve in

i have a USCC Curve i dont want and want to switch to verizon

we need to talk

jason.stiner@gmail.com

Sorry if my first message was a little misleading, but i actually have a USCC Pearl 8130. I would like to get a USCC Curve but i saw the prices of trying to get a USCC Curve and thought that maybe it would be easier to just get a verizon curve and have it flashed. Good or bad idea? haha
    11-05-08 12:39 PM
    Gotcha. I would wait untill the storm comes out and I know of a USCC Curve the will be up for sale that past a little useage will be for sale.

How far into your conrtract are you?

11-05-08 01:13 PM
    Did that not ever post right.

How soon are you wanting a curve?

My GF wants a storm I'm switching over to verizon to get her one

And I want tethering, USCC does not and can not offer it so I'm going to verizon

BlackBerry will buy my Curve for 110.00

So that's what I'm selling it for (+shipping) once I switch to verizon.

11-05-08 01:16 PM
    well my contract actually is up in December, so that's why i wanted to find a cheap curve that i wouldn't feel so bad about trading up if something way more BA came out. So.. Tha's where i'm at. But 110 is very reasonable.
    11-05-08 04:07 PM
    I can have it pre- loaded with just about anything you want on it as well.

4.3.??-original
    4.5.66-official USCC
    4.5.77- few bugs
    4.5.97- almost flawless

If the storms come with the 8 gig SD I'll leave my 2gig in it (formated of course)

Apps I currently run+stock ones

Vlingo
    Flycast
    Mobireader
    Trapster
    Google maps
    Google sync
    Weather bug
    Opera Mini
    Tweeter berry
    Netflix (smart flix)
    Myspace web shortcut
    AIM
    Docs2go 1.5
    Ziplore
    Bankrama
    BBNotepad
    Facebook
    VAD

And its Pete6, Crackmem approved running at over 45,file free when all msg logs are wipped.

I've had 3 USCC pearls, I'll set this curve up with anything you want so you full enjoy your switch to a real working phone (yes I hate pearls)

And your welcome to my new pin if you need any help.

The only thing I have yet to fully figure out is the mystery IT policy and the modem ( which I wouldn't recomend on USCC)

11-06-08 06:19 AM
    Well i'll keep all that in consideration. Sounds great! And as for the modem thing, I was using my pearl tethered to my macbook on a trip to Nebraska, received the bill and they charged me 60 dollars to easyedge for using the BB as a modem. I called and they told me no-no on that. So that does suck, but they did bring the monthly price down on air cards, but what's the point in paying for the BB and an air card... More nickel and diming.

11-06-08 05:11 PM
    Well its not fully nickel and diming the USCC service flat out can't handle tethering. I don't mean a few people here and there figuring out a back door. I mean system wide mass customers tethering the USCC system can not handle that kind of Data usage.

I've talked from the groud to the top trying to get tethering on my account, so this information isn't a guess its from as high up as I could get.

If you end up not wantig it I'm just going to ship it to blackberry and let them buy it off me so no worries either way.

11-06-08 06:09 PM
    oh well that is probably a good point. Thanks for that.

How long will you plan on holding that blackberry? I just put mine up for sale and hoping that i can get some money for my pearl, will blackberry buy mine back?
    11-06-08 07:10 PM
    Go to BlackBerry and in the upper right search for trade up. That will tell you how much.

We're going to verizon whenever the storm drops so by the end of the month or soon after.

11-06-08 09:03 PM
    Well I went there. And I'm going to see if I can get it sold locally. If not, i'll try and send my blackberry through them.

11-07-08 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD