I just cant win with my Tour, lol
    01-04-10 11:15 PM
    Time for a new phone . and i dont mean another Tour
    01-05-10 09:52 AM
    Time for a 8530
    01-05-10 12:22 PM
    it's not the Tour, you can get that problem on any blackberry. That error stems from a 3rd party app that wasn't playing nice with the OS.
    01-05-10 12:53 PM
    Time for a 8530

I agree... My wife's 8530 is sweet and seems to be a better device than the tour. If the Essex wasn't coming soon I'd be all over the 8530
    01-05-10 01:07 PM
    Tour = fail
    01-06-10 06:00 AM
    The tour works fine...

If your downloading an unofficial OS .. You might have issues... No tech support except your
    Pals @ crackberry...

Trackball.. LoL... What can I say...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 07:09 AM
    The Reload Software 552 seems to be a re occurring issue with Tour owners on OS 4.7. Those that have loaded 5.0 haven't reported the problem.

Whatever app you downloaded did not *specifically* cause it. There's a bug in OS 9630/4.7 that causes apps to randomly install incorrectly.

You could have hooked your BlackBerry to Desktop Manager and removed the app that caused the error and everything would boot up like before the error. No reloading OS or restore required.

Here's a good explanation and tip:

Xopher 08:20 AM 12-16-2009 -- [Ed] [Reply] [!!]

According to RIM, it is an application index issue. The app is getting installed into the wrong memory space. From my experience, it isn't a memory error. It is more about the number of apps installed.

Run an app as soon as you install it, without rebooting if possible. If you get the error, delete the app immediately. If you get the 552 error on reboot, connect to your PC and use BBSAK to remove the app. You should be able to reboot without reloading the OS.

What makes me think this is a "number of apps" issue is you can delete an app, then insall a different one without getting the error. You can even delete an 18K app and install a 2MB app without getting the error, just as long as the number of applications doesn't increase over the (unknown) limit.

You can always upgrade to a leaked 5.0 OS. The indexing error doesn't seem to exist in 5.0. At least I have never had the error since bumping up to 5.0.
    i've had 2 Reload Software 552 Errors last week! One was after installing Google App. Even so, the Tour is a great phone and i have had no issues that would cause me to return it. i've since installed 4 apps with no issues. You just need to make sure they download correctly, run them right away (before a reboot), and if you get any errors or issues...DELETE the app BEFORE you reboot. Then you will not get the 552 error.

This is the reason i'm looking forward to an official 5.0 for the Tour. It's easy to fix the 552 error, though it is a pain for it to happen at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 07:17 AM
    I tried a few things to fix the 552 error. Hooking it up to my computer to remove the offending app didn't work, so I ended up having to reload the OS then "restore" (since it didn't restore much.... had to reinstall my apps).

This phone has been more work for me than the WM phones before it that I've had, surprisingly.
    01-06-10 08:44 AM
    One more issue to summarize the simple fact that OS 4.7.1 is.... crap.
    01-06-10 02:06 PM
    ****Update**** Took my phone in to a repair center on Tuesday they said it was going to be ready in a few hours, I was not able to get back to the store because like normal people I had to go to work, so I went there today before work and the guy said to me that he couldn't get the OS back on my phone ( I could have dont this my damn self ) They said they had to order me another phone so he looked in the box and saw that my replacement was already there but it was not activated!!!! I had to leave my phone again and hopefully they didn't give me an old broken Tour with a trackball problem!! Who wants to bet that I am going to take back this Tour soon??
    01-06-10 04:48 PM
    Told you so. Upgrade to the 8530.
    01-06-10 05:00 PM
    Man!! At this point I am kind of fed up, I never had these problems with my 8830 World Phone, and all I really want was a upgrade to that!!! Android is looking better and better everyday
    01-06-10 05:13 PM
    I am trying to get Sprint to let me switch my phone even though I am like 5 months into this phone currently but this is my third phone, I told I would like to switch to an HTC Hero, so lets see what happens so far I have been escalated suppose to get a callback Monday afternoon will post about the outcome, unless they are going to let me upgrade to the Tour 2 I am pretty much done with Blackberry until they come out with a better product
    01-10-10 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD