From reading over this tread, I think the tad bit of info that the OP is missing is that you must return either the refurb or original device before they ship you a new one - if they just keep sending you phones, what's to say you wouldn't just try to sell them all, and not send them back? Verizon needs to know that they have a phone at least coming back to them before they will send you another; basically you are sitting on two phones, and expect another to be sent without returning one, so you can play choosy on which you want to keep? Give me a break.
    i most certainly DO understand that i need to return the refurb they sent me to receive another one. as i have said several times, VZ has told me that i can return either phone i have but they WILL NOT ship me another one. regardless of the fact that neither has the new date code. also, being picky requires me to be asking for something out of the ordinary. all i am trying to do is get my phone replaced within the guidelines that RIM has laid out. i am not trying to steal from anyone or make money in any way. i just want a fully functioning version of the phone i have already paid for and i really don't feel like it is too much to ask.
    03-15-10 10:59 PM
    I keep hearing about all these hardware issue but i haven't really seen it. Then again i'm running a hybrid OS so i don't know if that is helping anything, maybe/maybe not.

I've had pretty bad issues with VZW Customer Service before so i don't think i'm really going pursue anything. I mean when you think of it, its either slight annoying button issue and causing a tumor to grow in your head from the annoyance trying to get it fixed/get a new phone...or just deal with it. I mean it is a pain issue but its better then owning a storm 1 which had its own issues.

Personally if i wanted to get a new device because of this i would print out the statement from RIM and bring it straight to a VZ store and say ok now i would like something to be done....and see where that gets you. Talking to someone over the phone is not nearly as painful as going in person.

In any case, could luck with the rest of your endeavor and let us know the results.
    03-15-10 11:03 PM
    Verizon Wireless executive customer service desk: 845-365-7700, 908-306-6750, 910-794-6200

Or try this independent website that get results for people (verizon DOES respond to folks who use it to leave feedback).... PlanetFeedback: Voice of One, Power of Many
    03-15-10 11:09 PM
    [QUOTE=Grafixx01;4835613]VZW used to be really good but I guess JD Power and Associates recent findings are starting to show the dissatisfaction of VZW customers.

I have one that says KA9 on the device and am tempted to take it back to the store and get the updated device because I'm starting to have an issue with the screen down by the call, end, back, and BB buttons. Some times they respond and sometimes they don't.

I'm guessing that's what everyone was talking about with the screen. My only issue is this:

1. I put a full-Otterbox on it, including the screen protector and don't know if it will come off and I can reuse it. However, I believe that if I contacted OtterBox, they'll send me a new screen protector.

2. Last time I took my phone into a VZW store because the screen wasn't adjusting from landscape to portrait quickly, the VZW rep tried to tell me that it was because of all the third-party apps on it ( I have 3 *2 games and meterberry*). So they said they'd have to wipe the phone and then see if the problem persists since they won't support a phone with 3rd party apps on it regarding technical issues because it is "more than likely the 3rd party apps causing the problem".[/QUOTE]

Well technically the Rep is correct It could be a 3rd party app
    03-15-10 11:19 PM
    like many others, i have been trying to get a replacement S2 with the updated hardware code through VZW since i am still having bottom button issues with my release day device. after going to three stores to ask in person, i found no one had them in stock. however, a manager was nice enough to offer to order one for me through their system. she understood the situation, and agreed to get a new device shipped out ASAP.

3 days later (today), i received my "certified like-new replacement" only to see a test date of 1/21/10 on the side of the box and a hardware code of KA9, meaning it does not have the updated hardware. no problem, i thought to myself... i'll call the tauted VZ customer support that i've heard so much about and they'll sort this out. here's where the problem begins... upon answering the phone, the tech guy knew nothing of the problem(not surprising), but he actually sounded angry when i told him that i knew for a fact it was in their system. he tried to convince me it was not while searching for it but once he found it, acknowledged my issue and simply said "nothing i can do about it bud, i can't control what the warehouse sends you, you get what you get." i then asked him if there was any way i could just send the replacement phone back for another in hopes that it would be an updated version to which he said "no, send that one back or send your old one back. i will not make the warehouse continue to ship you phones until you find one you like."

WHAT IS THIS ABOUT?!? i have read about people in other threads receiving 4 and 5 handsets before they got an updated one and he just straight up tells me NO? i guess i will be heading across town to the store to do something about it because at least the lady there was helpful and understanding!

I understand where verizon is coming from.

1st of all the call cente rreps cannot choose which phone they give you, neither can the supervisors. Its all automated. Your best bet is to head to your local store or wait..

2nd...its all about how u talk to the reps and present yourself

3rd if your not getting anywhere, then just ask for a supervisor and if that dont work as for there supervisor..
    03-15-10 11:28 PM
    they put a charge on your account for full value of the phone, the charge is removed once a phone is returned. They arent that stupid. But yes they wont send you 5 phones either
    wrong! They will put a charge on your account if you do not return the phone..

Also I think Verizon is selling refurbs as new phones with updated code..lol
    03-15-10 11:33 PM
    i most certainly DO understand that i need to return the refurb they sent me to receive another one. as i have said several times, VZ has told me that i can return either phone i have but they WILL NOT ship me another one. regardless of the fact that neither has the new date code. also, being picky requires me to be asking for something out of the ordinary. all i am trying to do is get my phone replaced within the guidelines that RIM has laid out. i am not trying to steal from anyone or make money in any way. i just want a fully functioning version of the phone i have already paid for and i really don't feel like it is too much to ask.
    DUDE Verizon didnt tell you that, some dumb Rep did. Just return the phone and order another one from a different rep and quit crying and STFU!
    03-15-10 11:35 PM
    I wish I had the time to share all my problems and conversations that I had with Verizon Customer Service regarding my BB Storm. They kept sending me "certified like new" replacement phones. How do you explain that "like new" is NOT new? They don't get it. Finally after weeks of having the Fed Ex man at my door I did get a Storm II that is working great. Their answer to everything is "do a soft reset" or "we can't help you till you call from another phone". I have to stop writing before I get all hyped again. Soon as my contract is over (or I may just pay the fee and quit) I am going with Straight Talk (who uses the Verizon network) or Boost. ENUF said!!!
    03-15-10 11:52 PM
    2. Last time I took my phone into a VZW store because the screen wasn't adjusting from landscape to portrait quickly, the VZW rep tried to tell me that it was because of all the third-party apps on it ( I have 3 *2 games and meterberry*). So they said they'd have to wipe the phone and then see if the problem persists since they won't support a phone with 3rd party apps on it regarding technical issues because it is "more than likely the 3rd party apps causing the problem".
    Just to clarify, that policy comes from RIM, not from Verizon. I spent 2 hours on the phone with RIM support yesterday because of a completely separate issue, and I asked him all sorts of questions about different blackberries and issues they get called about.

He said "when most people experience hardware issues, it's not the hardware at all, but most likely a software issue. 90% of the time, having the customer wipe the device and re-install the OS from scratch resolves the hardware issue."

I'm not saying that's an inexcusable response from Verizon, but I highly doubt it's their policy, they're just the middle-man for RIM.
    03-16-10 09:22 AM
    I have never had a good time with customer service through VZW, but i deal with if for the coverage they have.
    03-16-10 09:38 AM
    *post removed*
    Last edited by SolidOrange; 03-16-10 at 12:41 PM.
    03-16-10 10:53 AM
    Thanks! Just posted this over at planetfeedback, we'll see what i get in response.
    After reading what you posted, I can see why Verizon is giving you a hard time. As many have stated, being polite and respectful, will get you more, than ranting and demanding. If this is the email you sent, I can only imagine your tone over the phone. And its not Verizon's policy to send you an updated phone, its RIM's. Change your attitude next time you talk to any customer service rep in any situation, it will make a big difference!
    03-16-10 11:26 AM
    I've gotten 3 replacement Tours, all through VZW phone customer support. I've had absolutely ZERO problem getting any of these replaced and for each of those calls I was on the phone maybe 15 minutes tops. The key is to know what you want when you call in, and BE POLITE. If you're rude to a rep, they will not help you and honestly I don't blame them.
    03-16-10 11:42 AM
    Thanks! Just posted this over at planetfeedback, we'll see what i get in response.
    Wow. After reading your posts and your letter, I have come to the conclusion that you are full of D R A M A!

Just take a moment to act like an adult and treat people with respect and try again. Remember, act like a grown-up, grown-ups don't have tantrums. Thats a good boy.
    03-16-10 11:54 AM
    gone, happy?

regardless, i have no other course of action to take here. i have been to two stores and called 3 times about resolving this issue with no results. please believe that my original tone and demeanor were not as critical as they are now, but VZ is about to give me a brain aneurysm by giving me the run around.

i sent the replacement back today. i will be awaiting VZ's response but have resigned to keeping my original device until there are some updated phones in the refurb stock. i am beyond frustrated with this process and do not understand why my case was such a big deal to them while sending out multiple refurbs to other people without complaint. i will keep everyone updated on whether or not i get the new device.

thanks to those of you who offered useful advice in this matter!
    03-16-10 12:51 PM
    Easy solution. Send it to RIM for the updated hardware. You quoted what RIM states you should get, send it to them.
    03-16-10 12:58 PM
    it amazes me how dumb some people can be in this world..... *shakes head*
    03-16-10 01:14 PM
    Let us know how you make out with Planetfeedback, Verizon usually responds within days of you posting there, and offers a resolution. Let us know how it goes. Good luck.
    03-16-10 01:17 PM
    I've only used PF once and that was when VZW so gloriously decided that the ONLY search engine I should have readily accessible was Bing (ok, let's not get in to that debate). I posted on PF, I wrote the VP of CS at VZW...and nada, zip, nein, zilch, nothing! Of course, that only made me more frustrated, LOL.

Let us know how you make out with Planetfeedback, Verizon usually responds within days of you posting there, and offers a resolution. Let us know how it goes. Good luck.
    03-16-10 01:21 PM
    please believe that my original tone and demeanor were not as critical as they are now, but VZ is about to give me a brain aneurysm by giving me the run around.
    Like I said
    D R A M A....
    03-16-10 01:46 PM
    "My opinon is mine and mine alone. If you don't like it, go to Match.com and find someone who cares."

LOL!
    03-16-10 01:58 PM
    quick update: talked a store into sending me another refurb. same old hardware, same old problem. boxing it back up and sending it back now.

also, still no word from planetfeedback.
    03-19-10 11:06 AM
    quick update: talked a store into sending me another refurb. same old hardware, same old problem. boxing it back up and sending it back now.

also, still no word from planetfeedback.
    Your account is going to end up heavily remarked from all of this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-10 02:08 PM
    Your account is going to end up heavily remarked from all of this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    and?

obviously it IS possible:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/an...0-days-439909/
    scroll down to the posts by Lynner.

how is it my fault that they can't do for me what they are clearly doing for other people? they can put all the negative notes on my account that they want, i am just trying to find a way to replicate the results other people on this forum have gotten. i pay for 3 lines on time every month, so a few frowny faces beside my name is not going to affect my account at all.
    03-19-10 02:18 PM
    Negative notes on an account = you're not going to get your way.

Tha being said, the reps have no control over what gets shipped out. It's not like they walk into a warehouse and pull them off the shelves and send them out. At this point you need to take it up with RIM because all you're doing now is costing Verizon alot of money.
    03-19-10 07:05 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD