As those of us on WIND Mobile (CDA) know, getting updates from them can be a massive pain in the arse and so some have looked at alternative ways of ensuring our devices are up to date. Autoloading is one such method but for me, not being too comfortable with some of the steps involved, using Sachesi is preferable. I've found using this method to be as easy as using your carrier's OTA update with a couple of extra steps thrown in for good measure.

Most of the info I'm going to pass on here was gleaned from the good and helpful folks here at CrackBerry, some of it I discovered for myself, but if it wasn't for people in this community reaching out and helping fellow members like myself I would still be stuck waiting for the .3175 release from 30 days ago so a BIG shout out to them.

I can't guarantee results, I just don't have the technical proficiency to be able to do that, but if you get stuck there is always help to be found here. One of the reasons I like Sachesi is that I haven't found a way of bricking my phone using it. Yet But even if I did you can always restore from a backup, it would be more of an inconvenience than anything.

Please remember to follow the instructions to the letter, it's not hard but it can take some time so please make sure you have ~2 hours to spend with this and don't rush anything or feel like you can take short cuts. You can't.

So without further ado:

First you need to download Sachesi. I found the latest release, 1.2.3, to be unstable and the version before that, 1.2.2, was basically a buggy version of later offering. 1.2.1 seems to be very stable and seems to give you wider search parameters. Sachesi 1.2.1 can be downloaded here:

ftp://ftp.sv-cs.com/BlackBerry/Sachesi-1.2.1.exe

This should download directly to your Downloads folder if you're using Windows. Unzip, if need be, to a convenient place and remember where as this is where your OS file will download and you may need to find it later.

Once you've done that, use these instructions to take you the rest of the way. They're easy to follow and light hearted which makes the process a whole lot easier and even though I'm pretty comfortable with doing this now I always have them open for quick reference. Please leave thanks to the OP of this following page:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...achesi-904841/

Once you open Sachesi this will make sense but to find the update file I used EE in the UK. It seems with many updates you don't have to worry about versions as they seem to have the same update, like this one for instance, but if in doubt ASK, don't go making things uncomfortable for yourself and I can't stress how keen people are to help here. Anyhow, this is the information I used to find the file:

In order it goes Country/Carrier/Device/Version: 302/30/Z10/STL100-2

I'll repost here when I find the Z30 update.

Hope this makes sense to you!
    06-26-14 06:20 AM
    Thanks for the info. And I am glad you thanked the Ambassador who wrote the original guide. He also has screen shots, so it might be more helpful to direct your readers there???

It's nice that you found all his info helpful, but I'm not sure there was a need to repost the directions.
    06-26-14 06:24 AM
    Thanks for the info. And I am glad you thanked the Ambassador who wrote the original guide. He also has screen shots, so it might be more helpful to direct your readers there???

It's nice that you found all his info helpful, but I'm not sure there was a need to repost the directions.
    Hey, Jaydee,

I understand this has been posted a few times but when I was looking I had to draw info from all over CrackBerry, I thought it was easier for the people who asked me to post this to kind of centralise everything. For instance, most posts talk about 1.2.3 which didn't work for me and I was later informed that it was known to be buggy, by skipping that I presumed it would make things easier for people. Unfortunately, this might be a process we WIND customers will have to refer to regularly as it seems WIND is disinterested in providing timely updates, it's 30 days since the .3175 update was originally launched, and it looks like it may be at least another 30 days before they do anything about it. Having easy, go to instructions here will probably come in handy for the few WIND customers that come here. My own instructions comprise of 4 different bookmarks, now at least I have a central place to go if I need a reminder. I did link to Superfly_SR's illustrated post for the bulk of the instructions, the only other link I needed to post was to the Sachesi file. My meanderings which make up the remainder of my post are more the pedantic side of me and everyone could probably do without them

Anyhow, those are the reasons I did what I did the way I did, I hope it makes sense but if you feel this thread is redundant then feel free to close it.

Cheers!
    06-26-14 07:11 AM
    FYI, the Mac version of Sachesi (1.1.2) crashes on OS X 10.9.3.

I'm going to give the Linux version a shot.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 05:49 PM
    Just updated my Z30 to 10.2.1.3247 (SR .2977) using the Virgin Mobile file.

Inputs:

302/610/Z30/STA100-5
    07-01-14 10:05 AM