i've been with Verizon for some time now, but am a brand new BB user as of 12.7.07. so i figured i'd start here first.

long story short: i took a couple of pics with my new Pearl last friday night. on the same night i tried MMS'ing the pics to a couple of friends also on the VZW network. on all attempts i'd get the red "X" and error stating "Failed to Send Message" in the message window.

mind you, i'm in the same room with these people, and we're all getting a good signal. the weird thing is, i tried texting the same people the same night minutes later and there was no problem with them receiving those.

i thought it may have been the way i entered people to my address book. i usually only type in the area code and phone number, so i tried adding the 1 before the area code and no such luck there. again, no problem with sending out texts with people receiving them, just no pic messages.

also, i tried sending the same pic to a friend who has AT&T. they got the text message fine, but i got the same error when attempting an MMS.

i'd hate to think i'm paying $29.99/month for VZW's messaging plan for nothing. do any of you VZW-heads have any insight on this error?
    12-09-07 11:12 AM
    I have AT&T and have the same issues. It's almost expected that any mms i try to send will not go through the first time. I usually have to resend the mms two or three times. Any sms I send will always go through with no problems. My wife has a razr on the same network and she never has any problems sending pics so I wonder if the problem is with the bb's. Sure would be cool if someone had an answer. Good question OMG.
    12-09-07 02:18 PM
    I had the same problem when I first got my Pearl. I contacted customer support, they did some checking, reset a few things on their end, had me reset my BB then all was well. I haven't had any more issues sending mms.
    Try giving them a call.
    12-09-07 09:52 PM
    I had the same problem when I first got my Pearl. I contacted customer support, they did some checking, reset a few things on their end, had me reset my BB then all was well. I haven't had any more issues sending mms.
    Try giving them a call.
    wow, turns out it was all on their end! i called them up, they had me do a "soft reset"/battery pull and now all is good. although now i've come up against another problem.

from the top of the screen to about a third of the way down, the screen fades. not horribly faded, but you can see a small line running across the screen where the color goes from faded to regular. i mentioned it to the VZW CSR while i was on the phone and she recommended i just swap out the phone. grr! if it's not one thing, it's another.

i just got the dang thing in the mail last friday!
    12-10-07 12:20 AM
    Glad it worked and that I could have been some help. Chalk another one up to Verizon customer service.

Sorry to hear about your screen. Sounds like a device issue.

Pete
    12-10-07 04:52 AM
    Glad it worked and that I could have been some help. Chalk another one up to Verizon customer service.

Sorry to hear about your screen. Sounds like a device issue.
    yeah, when i was on the phone with the Verizon CSR, she recommended i just walk in to a VZW store and have mine swapped out. i just hate the idea of having try and move all my info to the new device.
    12-10-07 04:07 PM
    If you back it up using Desktop Manager, you can restore it to your new phone. All of your pics and media files should be on your memory card, that's if you have one. If not then it's a good investment.
    12-10-07 05:39 PM
    If you back it up using Desktop Manager, you can restore it to your new phone. All of your pics and media files should be on your memory card, that's if you have one. If not then it's a good investment.
    isn't Desktop Manager only for Windows? if you're talking about the disc that came with my device, it states that it's only for XP and Vista. i'm on a Mac both at home and work.
    12-10-07 05:53 PM
    Ah... sorry didn't know that. And with that said, I have no idea if it works with a Mac. I have seen in other posts about people talking about Macs. Maybe do a search.
    12-10-07 08:17 PM
    from the top of the screen to about a third of the way down, the screen fades. not horribly faded, but you can see a small line running across the screen where the color goes from faded to regular.
    i have the same issue on my phone, luckily it isn't too drastic so i've been able to ignore it for now. but it's not an issue on just YOUR pearl, cuz mine does the same thing. soft reset fixed my picture message problem as well
    12-11-07 06:15 PM
    i have the same issue on my phone, luckily it isn't too drastic so i've been able to ignore it for now. but it's not an issue on just YOUR pearl, cuz mine does the same thing.
    well, i guess it's a trip over to a VZW store for me. at least the one closest to me is literally across the street. i just hate the idea of having to enter all of my contacts and info again. ugh.

btw, euro, are you currently driving a Dub? i'm driving a 2005 GLI right now.
    12-11-07 06:24 PM
    why yes i am haha. 2000 GTI and a 1990 jetta at the moment, tho i'm always buying and selling. i have yet to own a GLI however, maybe someday. are you on vwvortex?
    12-12-07 07:26 AM
    So---i have had the verizon pearl 8130 for 10 days...I have already swapped the phone out once for a track ball problem, then I have had the randomly deleting all messages on my first phone, the 2nd phone hasn't done that yet..and yes verizon said it is a software problem, all sms/mms are saved on the phone and not on the memory card.

AND with my 2nd phone i couldn't send MMS; took the battery out, put it back in and then gee i was able to send an mms... i dont get it. I have never in my entire life had so many problems with a phone...i think i may have to give it up, if i can't depend on it...and so far it seems to be a problem after problem.
    12-15-07 11:09 PM
    well, i guess it's a trip over to a VZW store for me. at least the one closest to me is literally across the street. i just hate the idea of having to enter all of my contacts and info again. ugh.

btw, euro, are you currently driving a Dub? i'm driving a 2005 GLI right now.
    Guys, this isn't a problem with the phone, this is normal!!

what you're seeing is the "banner" that runs across the top of the screen. It will make some pictures appear faded at the top, but this is normal. If you're concerned by it, try using a different background. switching out your device isn't going to fix this!
    12-15-07 11:23 PM
    Guys, this isn't a problem with the phone, this is normal!!

what you're seeing is the "banner" that runs across the top of the screen. It will make some pictures appear faded at the top, but this is normal. If you're concerned by it, try using a different background. switching out your device isn't going to fix this!
    dude, chucky, where were you literally 12 hours ago right before i walked over to the Verizon store to swap out my phone?? as soon as i activated the new phone when i got home and threw on a wallpaper, i realized that it was part of the phone and not a glitch.

thankfully i had all of my contacts backed up, but i had to go in a set up all of my settings again -- as well as inform all of my BB friends of my new PIN. oh well, at least Verizon didn't hassle me about it.

that said, i've been pretty happy with my BB experience so far.
    12-16-07 12:04 AM
    well after getting the "failed to send message" error fixed on my previous Pearl and then exchanging it for what i thought was a faulty screen, my new Pearl is giving me the same "failed to send message" error. turns out though that this time VZW CSRs couldn't fix the problem.

i spent almost two hours on the phone with a really helpful rep with VZW that walked me through all the same steps that i took to correct my original Pearl. this time the battery pull didn't work so we attempted to do a " hard wipe." that didn't work either. after it was all said and done, the conclusion was that absolutely everything works fine except for the fact that i can't receive MMS messages.

i can send them, send and receive text messages, and even send and receive emails on my BB with picture attachments. the rep gave me a "troubleshooting ticket" with one of the tech offices and was told to expect a call from them sometime in the next 48 hours.

i shouldn't complain too much, everything works properly except the receiving thing. i just don't know why the fix didn't work this time and what's going to happen if VZW can't get it to work period.
    12-16-07 10:24 PM
    dude, chucky, where were you literally 12 hours ago right before i walked over to the Verizon store to swap out my phone?? as soon as i activated the new phone when i got home and threw on a wallpaper, i realized that it was part of the phone and not a glitch.
    verizon really swapped it out that quickly? what was the process?
    12-21-07 06:11 PM
    You need to call you carrier. For some reason when you switch things on you plan (like new phones) there is some settings that can easily get changed. all you have to do is explain and they can fix these settings and you will be fine again.

I hope this helps, Happy BB'ing
    12-21-07 06:20 PM
    verizon really swapped it out that quickly? what was the process?
    i walked over to the Verizon joint which just happens to be across the street from me, signed in, showed them the glitch (or what i thought was a glitch) and they swapped it no real questions asked. i was in and out in under 15 minutes.
    12-21-07 06:22 PM
    You need to call you carrier. For some reason when you switch things on you plan (like new phones) there is some settings that can easily get changed. all you have to do is explain and they can fix these settings and you will be fine again.

I hope this helps, Happy BB'ing
    right, i got on the phone again with VZW and this time my CSR was able to get my MMS working again. turns out, when i tried to get help originally last weekend, that CSR forgot a step.

the girl rep i spoke with the other night happened to see it in her notes and caught it right away. now my Pearl service is 100%. my hats off again to VZW for kickin ***. yeah that's right, i said ***!!
    12-21-07 06:25 PM
    all else fails pull the battery...
    lol
    08-31-09 10:55 AM
    When i click on an image to send there is no MMS button. The only two ways i can send it threw are "send using bluetooth" "send as email". Can some one tell me how to send threw message? i have a unlimited plan so its not that.
    11-04-09 07:37 PM
    Thread closed to prevent spam.
    03-07-10 12:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD