WHAT IN THE **** IS GOING ON WITH MY FB APP? I HAVENT BEEN RECIEVING NOTIFICATIONS AND I TRIED EVERYTHING BATTERY PULLS, RELOADING SOFTWARE...is anyone else having this problem?
    12-18-09 12:24 PM
    yup..since the new version.... its horrible....
    12-18-09 12:41 PM
    12-18-09 01:08 PM
    Man!!! Facebook app is so wack, i use the browser.. Rim needs to get it together!!
    12-18-09 02:57 PM
    What exactly makes it "whack"?

OP the reason you aren't getting the alerts is because the email is down. Instead of getting the email that something has happened with your facebook your blackberry turns it into a facebook notification. One can't work without the other.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 10:09 PM
    I think the app sucks personally. I don't even like the one for the iPhone either.
    I just go to the mobile site. It's much faster and easier to navigate

12-18-09 11:00 PM
    What exactly makes it "whack"?

OP the reason you aren't getting the alerts is because the email is down. Instead of getting the email that something has happened with your facebook your blackberry turns it into a facebook notification. One can't work without the other.

Its slow as f***, pics don't come up. When they do it takes 10 to 15 to load it. Its hard to start a direct message to something.. The s*** is wack yo. I rather use the browser.

12-19-09 12:21 PM
    I only use the ap to load pics... Nothing more..
    I use the mobile site...

12-21-09 05:44 PM
    Maybe I will start using the mobile site. It appears that the earlier versions of the FB app were more solid. Now, you can't accept/igonore friend requests from the new version of FB. In the earlier versions, you could. Hopefully, the reason FB have been acting up is due to RIM working on a better APP.
    12-22-09 06:48 AM
    I ran a test last weekend when I was frustrated at how long it would take to do something on FB on the BB.
    So I started to boot up my desktop computer, it takes a good 10+ minutes to fully load up. It was booted faster than I could update my friends list and type out a simple reply to a friends status. I finally gave up and replied on the desktop.
    I love many of the programs I have in the BB, Facebook is not one of them. It is embarrassing.
    12-22-09 08:06 PM
    I agree! I don't care for the bb fb app either. I use it to upload pics but other than that I use the web version.

12-23-09 08:00 PM
    You guys are lucky if photo upload is working on yours. The only thing my app is good for is getting text-based notifications and updating my status. I can't upload or view pictures at all. I MMS pics to photos@facebook.com if I want to put a picture up. Extremely dissapointed in the app.
    01-04-10 12:45 PM
    photo upload used to work for me but hasn't recently
    01-04-10 09:31 PM
    I totally agree with what everyone is saying. The pics load like crap!! the iphone i think is better cause it has chat.

RIM definitely needs to get their s*** together!!!
    01-05-10 09:58 AM
    Facebook App is shocking...i ditched my iphone and went back to my blackberry...i am a heavy FB user and want it fixed ASAP
    01-07-10 05:26 AM
    I have very little problems uploading pics via FB app. Every once in awhile a picture doesn't upload and I'll have to resend it. I agree the app needs a lot of work, and I too use the mobile site more than the app. Luckily, I get all my FB status updates via SocialScope.
    01-07-10 09:44 AM
    I have very little problems uploading pics via FB app. Every once in awhile a picture doesn't upload and I'll have to resend it. I agree the app needs a lot of work, and I too use the mobile site more than the app. Luckily, I get all my FB status updates via SocialScope.
    Arcadence,

when you use your phone to send a pic to fb using the fb app, will that pic show up on the live feeds? If so, is there a way to upload the pic to your fb mobile uploads folder (or whatever folder) and not have it show up on the live feeds?
    01-07-10 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD