I just switched over from an Unlimited Loyalty Plan with the 24.99 BIS to an Even More Plus plan at 59.99, thinking I would save money because I wasn't using the voice minutes.

Well, I was wrong. I just checked what they will be charging me, and it showed the 59.99 just for voice and texting, and another 30.00 for Blackberry services. I am furious, because I asked a TMO rep about this several weeks ago and was assured that the 59.99 also covered BIS.

And worse than that, BIS is not even working correctly. I can only get data working when I am on the home network, and it does not work at all on the phone network.

Was I misled, or is this 59.99 EM Plus plan that they advertise as including web not include BIS?

I tried resending the service books too to see if I could turn on BIS and it is disabled. I only get this activation notice to download an updated GMail plug in.

Any thoughts on what I should do? I am so angry right now that I will probably tear someone a new one if I call up.
    Last edited by eklisiewicz; 11-28-09 at 10:42 AM.
    11-28-09 10:36 AM
    I also changed to the even more plus plan. It is a glich in the system on how it is priced it seperates everything. I called CS to verify that I was only paying the 119.99 plan for family with the 1500 minutes, unlimited text and unlimited web. One line has blackberry plan other has android plan. My bill is the 119.99 plus taxes. You can call CS and they will tell you how much your plan is
    11-28-09 11:02 AM
    I am furious ...
    Was I misled, or is this 59.99 EM Plus plan that they advertise as including web not include BIS? Mmm

Any thoughts on what I should do? I am so angry right now that I will probably tear someone a new one if I call up.
    No one can address your anger issues or the alleged misquote by a rep but if indeed what you claim is anywhere accurate, you were dealing with the most incompetent rep on the face of the planet.

Of course you have to pay for data services. There isn't any carrier who doesn't charge for them and it is impossible that you could have "asked for weeks" and been told that data was free. Additionally, if you follow any of the multiple threads on the EM plans here, you'd have seen how these plans work and of course they are very clearly detailed on the carrIer's website.

There was no "deception" here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-09 11:04 AM
    The TMO web site seems to bear this out, what you are saying, since I only see the 59.99.

But I am still mystified by why I cannot get BIS to work on the phone network. It only seems to function when I am connected to my home WIFI network.

ETA: Did another battery pull. BIS seems to now work on the phone connection.

Will just need to contact a TMO rep to find out what my actual charges are going to be. I doubt they will let me return to my former plan.
    Last edited by eklisiewicz; 11-28-09 at 11:14 AM.
    11-28-09 11:05 AM
    I was not told the data was free; I was told it was included. Why do they advertise talk+text+web if data is not included?

It even says Blackberry Web: free under my services.

But that may not be the same as the full BIS package.

ETA: Just got off the phone and the rep verified that the 59.99 does include BIS. My confusion lay in the way next month's bill was broken out. Whew. And just for the record, I did extensive reading on the way these new plans worked, which was why I was so surprised at seeing this:

http://eklisiewicz.smugmug.com/Other/Camera-Phone-Photos/Capture113345/725843394_DB626-S.jpg
    Last edited by eklisiewicz; 11-28-09 at 11:40 AM.
    11-28-09 11:08 AM
    Don't worry, BIS is included in the talk+txt+web plans. I'm certain of it. It's not "free" because you are paying for it, just not separately.

I have the 79.99 talk+txt+web plan and BIS works fine for me. You may want to call in and make sure that the plan is provisioned correctly for Blackberry.

11-28-09 12:53 PM
    It sounds like there is a breakdown in how these are being explained. The EM+ $59.99 is talk and text, no web. The $79.99 is talk, text, and web. You will have full BIS functionality with the web
    11-28-09 04:20 PM
    I have the 500 minutes talk plus text plus web Even More Plus plan and it includes BIS at 59.99. The 79.99 that you mention is for Unlimited Everything including unlimited voice minutes.

I talked to two separate reps and both of them said that my 59.99 plan includes unlimited data and BIS.
    11-28-09 04:26 PM
    Ah, my mistake. Read it wrong. $59.99 including text and web is correct

11-28-09 05:11 PM
    It is easy to get confused. Believe me, I know.
    11-28-09 05:12 PM
    If you're having problems, that's because it's not set up properly. the BIS includes ALL features....web, email, bbm, tethering, everything.

I had to call in like 2x to get the plan set up properly for my BB. This is probably because the system was so new so I a lot of reps were not sure how to provision.
    11-28-09 06:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD