Hello everyone
    I am getting a 9700 from Etisalat in the United Arab Emirates. Once I unlock it and return to Canada I plan on using it with Telus. I currently have a Hero with a Data plan. What will I need to do for all functions to works in Canada? Will I be on 3G or Edge?
    Can some one with telus go into their setting and copy the apn here so that I can enter it in my phone?

Any advice is appreciated.

Cheers
    01-24-10 10:00 PM
    Hello everyone
    I am getting a 9700 from Etisalat in the United Arab Emirates. Once I unlock it and return to Canada I plan on using it with Telus. I currently have a Hero with a Data plan. What will I need to do for all functions to works in Canada? Will I be on 3G or Edge?
    Can some one with telus go into their setting and copy the apn here so that I can enter it in my phone?

Any advice is appreciated.

Cheers
    Yes you will be able to make it work on Telus HSPA Network. You will need to call Telus and have them change your Data Plan to a Blackberry Data Plan. You will be able to connect to 3G as well with Telus because the Etisalat 9700 is compatible with the 2100 HSPA band.

You might need to load the Service Books for all features to work.

Let us know if you need any assistance unlocking your Blackberry and have a safe return to Canada.
    01-24-10 10:20 PM
    Thanks for the reply Cellunlocknet.

Definitely when the time comes to unlock my phone, my choice will be you. You unlocked my Hero for free, and I appreciate that. Your service is A+
    01-25-10 02:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD