Has anyone ever heard of ATT waving an ETF so that one could open an additional line to get the advertied price on a BB? In other words close the line not elible for an early upgrade and open another on the family plan already exsisting? Get me here. Att is just not breaking! We have 4 lines on a 1400 minute family plan and they will not let me upgrade one yr early!
    11-19-09 04:07 PM
    Reporting them to the Better Business Bureau worked for me, I had a year and a half left and gladly cancelled, and went to Alltel, I even got to keep my phones.
    11-19-09 05:41 PM
    How would that be? You sign an agreement stating you know about the ETF. Not sure that would get me anywhere.
    11-19-09 11:28 PM
    Why not add another line, get the new phone you want and then switch the sim cards?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-09 10:33 PM
    That's what I was going to do. But to my surprise today my husband talked them into to early upgrade and for 174.99 and 2nd day ship! He can work it!!

11-20-09 11:41 PM
    That's what I was going to do. But to my surprise today my husband talked them into to early upgrade and for 174.99 and 2nd day ship! He can work it!!

How long was it until your upgrade date? Mine is May 2010 and I want to switch our phones to newer phones.
    11-21-09 11:01 PM
    Why not add another line, get the new phone you want and then switch the sim cards?

Thats what the Rep told me to do as well. I'm debating it, Might just wait till it expires in may and go to verizon. They have better phones
    11-22-09 11:17 AM
    The grass is always greener on the other side. A lot of people seem to leave Verizon because there are more phones and better phones on GSM carriers than CDMA carriers.
    11-22-09 01:17 PM
    The grass is always greener on the other side. A lot of people seem to leave Verizon because there are more phones and better phones on GSM carriers than CDMA carriers.
    Wise words. You get good and bad stories related to both carriers. The ads both put out are usually self serving and rightly so, they're in it to make money.
    11-23-09 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD