With the new 9700 coming out presumably on Monday, i will definitely want to pick it up. I'm on the Even More Plus plan, and can get the phone and pay for it in 20 installments.

My question is, what will the process be if on certain months or at times that i have a little extra money and i want to put down a little more and pay it off quicker? Is it just a matter of simply submitting an extra payment to my account online (or in store), or will there be a seperate option for paying off just the phone?

Just curious, thanks!
    11-12-09 10:22 AM
    From my understanding cuz i thought the same you can put as much as u want down on the phone but once u start the normal payment option u cant put more down in a certain month to just effect ur credit limit your basically locked in for 19 months i cn also have the rest of the credit limit added to a monthly ill but thats t

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-09 11:50 AM
    wait, so if you buy the phone on a credit line and then you want to pay more a certain month you cant? Isnt a credit line per say like a credit card? I dont see why they would turn down the money less they wanna stick you with interest or soemthing like that
    11-12-09 12:36 PM
    They can't stick with interest. T-Mobile's site clearly states that these are interest-free payments...
    11-12-09 12:42 PM
    I talked to one rep today and he said i could make payments as i wish by just submitting a payment the normal way. However, i'd like to get a few more opinions. Its not the biggest deal in the world to me, but if i have the extra money laying around i'd like to pay it off sooner rather than later.
    11-12-09 03:59 PM
    Because the phone is part of your bill, you can simply overpay your bill by a little bit, thus reducing the amount of next month's bill. Eventually you should hit a point where you have the money to pay the remaining balance off early.

To answer your question, you cannot simply pay additional and have it posted separately. You can only overpay your normal bill with 1/20th of the phone cost on it, or opt to pay the entire remaining amount off in one payment. You're not the first to ask this question, and we're hoping to add the option to do what you're asking about.
    11-12-09 11:17 PM
    Because the phone is part of your bill, you can simply overpay your bill by a little bit, thus reducing the amount of next month's bill. Eventually you should hit a point where you have the money to pay the remaining balance off early.

To answer your question, you cannot simply pay additional and have it posted separately. You can only overpay your normal bill with 1/20th of the phone cost on it, or opt to pay the entire remaining amount off in one payment. You're not the first to ask this question, and we're hoping to add the option to do what you're asking about.
    Thanks for clearing that up. I appreciate it!
    11-13-09 06:12 AM

This is exactly the process. You can also opt to put a larger down payment than the minimum if you want to at the time of sale.
    11-13-09 10:31 AM
    i was told that you could pay it off faster by just calling them if you wanna make it quicker
    11-14-09 10:09 AM
    Is EIP available when purchasing online?
    11-16-09 08:17 AM
    On their website in the FAQ it says you can pay your phone off sooner or make extra payments by just calling them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-09 08:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD