I searched the forums for this but had no luck finding this link. I thought I would leave it you for you guys:
    nerdberry.net/2010/08/26/verizon-wireless-announces-blackberry-bold-9650-and-storm-2-9550-end-of-life-dates/
    I am trying to decide whether to buy the Bold or Storm 2 right now myself, or wait another month. I am actually phone-less, and have been. But I think I am going to wait another week and decide whether to go buy a Bold or wait until the 10th for the Storm 3. Anyone else have ideas as to their own BB future?
    Last edited by JoshWisoff; 09-19-10 at 08:46 PM. Reason: i dont have the post count requirement to give the link, but it's there. :-)
    09-19-10 08:45 PM
    I searched the forums for this but had no luck finding this link. I thought I would leave it you for you guys:
    nerdberry.net/2010/08/26/verizon-wireless-announces-blackberry-bold-9650-and-storm-2-9550-end-of-life-dates/
    I am trying to decide whether to buy the Bold or Storm 2 right now myself, or wait another month. I am actually phone-less, and have been. But I think I am going to wait another week and decide whether to go buy a Bold or wait until the 10th for the Storm 3. Anyone else have ideas as to their own BB future?
    Storm 3 is coming out on the 10th?

The 10th of what month? and what year? =/
    09-19-10 08:58 PM
    release is probably going to be the week of 10/10/10. check out the link, it says the end of life for the storm 2, and VZW wouldn't go without a storm variant at any point, would they?
    09-19-10 09:09 PM
    Whats coming to replace the bold?
    09-20-10 10:06 AM
    Has EOL for previous models of BB's meant the new model is available on that date? I hope so, in this case it WOULD mean that the Storm 2.5/3.0 (of whatever you want to call it) would be available on 10/10. Woo-hoo!
    09-20-10 11:46 AM
    Well, they EOL'd the 1st Generation DROID on the day the DROID 2 came out, so Verizon may stick with the same practice. Everywhere I'm reading and hearing from is saying an October launch on the Storm 3, but dates have been known to move without notice.

Plus, now that a picture has been put out there of the "supposed" Storm 3, its possible that it could be here sooner. Never know till the release date.
    09-20-10 02:49 PM
    Whats coming to replace the bold?
    97XX: 5mp camera, etc...
    09-20-10 07:30 PM
    Well, they EOL'd the 1st Generation DROID on the day the DROID 2 came out, so Verizon may stick with the same practice. Everywhere I'm reading and hearing from is saying an October launch on the Storm 3, but dates have been known to move without notice.

Plus, now that a picture has been put out there of the "supposed" Storm 3, its possible that it could be here sooner. Never know till the release date.
    i was thinking the same thing. what is this storm 3 picture?? i'll go google that now...
    09-20-10 07:32 PM
    i don't care as long as they bring back the BOGO for the 9650 before christmas time =P
    09-21-10 10:51 AM
    I just got of the phone with Verizon and was offered a Curve 3 (Fushia or Gray). They said they are currently not available except by phone since verizon is trying to sell out of the Curve 2 stock. The Curve 3 does have a flash (I asked specifically). It is like 359 full price and 29.99 with 2 year up grade. Thought I would pass along this bit of info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-10 11:01 AM
    I just got of the phone with Verizon and was offered a Curve 3 (Fushia or Gray). They said they are currently not available except by phone since verizon is trying to sell out of the Curve 2 stock. The Curve 3 does have a flash (I asked specifically). It is like 359 full price and 29.99 with 2 year up grade. Thought I would pass along this bit of info.

I didn't see a flash on it. And here is some specs just to make sure. I just want you to know so you know for sure. Because I hate whine threads when someone doesn't get something they wanted in a phone because they weren't given correct info when they could have looked up the info themselves.

BlackBerry - Curve 9300 Phone - New BlackBerry Curve 3G Smartphone

Research In Motion BlackBerry Curve 3G 9330 Specs, Features (Phone Scoop)
    09-26-10 12:15 PM
    I was tempted by the Curve 3. I loved my Curve 8330 but got the Bold mainly to have a higher resolution screen.

09-26-10 02:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD