I smashed my phone at work and didn't have insurance on it. Someone there mentioned to me how their carrier (can't remember which) has an plan set up for this to offset the cost of a replacement phone..Something where they split up the cost amongst two or three monthly bills. Does at&t have something similar or am I destined for a craigslist flip phone?
    08-19-11 11:41 AM
    That other carrier sounds a bit like tmobile . As for att they don't do it to the knowledge I have. But you can always call and ask. If not then craigslist is your option. Or any site that sells phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-11 12:20 AM
    Sorry but no payment plans through AT&T on phones...unless you order it over the phone and are eligible to have it billed to your bill. Then you can pay it off that way. But be careful you don't get too behind in the bill or your service will get shut off.
    08-20-11 11:32 PM
    If you've never asked for anything like that in the past, you may be able to ask if a manager can set it up to bill you over the course of X bills for the cost of the phone. If you ask to talk to a supervisor, they probably won't.

Again, you have a 15% chance of someone knowing how to do that, and being willing to do so.

But that takes a special set of circumstances, and through normal operations, phones can no longer be billed to the accounts. The option simply isn't available anymore. It is simply easier to just use a GoPhone for a while. If you have unlimited smartphone data, do NOT have Customer Care update your phone in the system.
    08-21-11 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD