So I don't know whether this is the correct forum but I am considering switching my sprint phones so I thought I would post it here. I'm considering upgrading my Pearl. I'm looking at phones from HTC and Palm. My pearl was my first smartphone so I don't know a whole lot about email push. I know that Blackberries are very well known for their email capabilities. I am thinking of switching to a HTC hero or maybe the Pixi. Will I be able to use an obscure .edu email address on these phones? Will I get my email (nearly) instantaneously as I do on my Blackberry or is the email performance of other phones noticeably inferior to performance of a Blackberry?
    11-12-09 10:57 PM
    if you decide for the palm phone dont get the pixi ur better off with the pre and i havent owned a htc and plam but my uncle has a pre and the email is pushed to his phone just like a bb
    11-14-09 10:47 AM
    i have the htc snap and the emails are pushed right to the phone as well as calendars and the company directory.
    12-15-09 04:53 PM
    Depends on what you use. Imap IDLE is supported on a lot of phones, which works for imap accounts. Pop accounts are not pushed though. EAS is push if you have it.

WM, Android and Symbian have Seven beta, which is a 3rd party service that will push all of your email accounts.
    12-15-09 05:42 PM
    So I don't know whether this is the correct forum but I am considering switching my sprint phones so I thought I would post it here. I'm considering upgrading my Pearl. I'm looking at phones from HTC and Palm. My pearl was my first smartphone so I don't know a whole lot about email push. I know that Blackberries are very well known for their email capabilities. I am thinking of switching to a HTC hero or maybe the Pixi. Will I be able to use an obscure .edu email address on these phones? Will I get my email (nearly) instantaneously as I do on my Blackberry or is the email performance of other phones noticeably inferior to performance of a Blackberry?
    Palm does it for sure. I use gmail and my edu mail and the sec I send my email it goes trough right away.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-09 09:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD