Hi all,

I am relatively new to BB and just took delivery of my Curve before going camping this weekend. I couldn't find an answer to this in another thread but forgive me if I have missed it...

I understand that MMS messages are chargeable but if I send an email via my BB with an attached picture to another email address, would that come out of my data package? Or is the cheapest option to download it to my Macbook when I get home?

Thanks so much
    Andrew
    07-17-08 10:09 AM
    Hi

Emailing pictures uses data from your allowance

Orange's data package is good so you should be fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-08 10:23 AM
    Wonderful! Thank you so much for replying so quickly. Everyone is so friendly and helpful

07-17-08 10:57 AM
    I am on the internet for literally hours most days , send emails with pics and attachments, pin message , use applications etc and I somehow only use less than 100mb each month!

You should be able to check your use on your online Orange account if you have one. Or perhaps Orange have a number you can call.

07-17-08 11:34 AM
    Brilliant, thank you. Orange are getting better at having bundle info up to date. I will go and have a look. Thanks again, you've been a huge help

07-17-08 11:42 AM
    No problem.

Orange have really got their act together recently. It was only fairly recently that they changed their 6mb allowance! Yes 6 mb! That was not a typing error lol

Ps I see where you got your username from, you are a happy camper

07-17-08 11:46 AM
    ask me again when i am trying to pitch my tent in gales and driving rain tomorrow... we'll see how "happy" I am then LOL

thanks again for all your help
    07-17-08 02:09 PM
    perhaps BBmincer was more appropriate then ! LOL
    07-20-08 06:19 AM
    Grrr I am apparently still on a 6 MB package. Unbelievable. Definitely not a happy camper about that at all grrr!

Still at least the weekend went ok

07-20-08 11:25 AM
    I hope you have called them, this was definately not available anymore when you got your Blackberry. The one you should be is is the 'talk with Blackberry' one or the recent unlimted one.

Thay are usually quite good, if it is their mistake you should not be charged for anything over 6mb.
    07-20-08 12:07 PM
    Ok, so i phoned them.. apparently it is an unlimited package for browsing
    but if I download attachments etc i will be charged... does that sound about right? Confused, sunburnt and narky now
    07-20-08 01:03 PM
    most Orange's old bundles are live on thier system so its human error & a lack of training/updating staff on changes/removal of obselete bundles that stop these mistakes happening

internally Orange is one messed up puppy....
    07-20-08 07:37 PM
    I am confused still, if I am using Crackberry Launcher, BBM, sending and receiving emails - that all comes out of my unlimited package?

But if I download applications OTA or music and things I will be charged - is that how it works?

Sorry if this is a dumb question. Thanks for all your help with this

07-21-08 02:47 AM
    Well on o2 I do not get charged for downloading anything! It should all be included in the allowance and would only be chargeable if you exceeded this allowance.

It would help if other Orange users could confirm whether or not they have been charged extra for downloading attachments or whatever.

07-21-08 03:34 AM
    I've only had my phone for 3 months on orange but i've not been charged anything so far for data usage!

07-21-08 06:11 AM
    That's really reassuring samuel, thank you. My bill is due early Aug so fingers crossed!

07-21-08 02:50 PM
    All usage is included but subject to FUP - Premier say
    07-22-08 02:29 AM
    " whats the FUP ? "

no one can answer @ Orange, just advise to check the website ( which you can check on the other thread i posted all the )
    07-22-08 02:32 AM
    I was put on the 6mb limit just before the unlimited came out, slight charge in the first month when I went over the 6mb when I phoned up to query he said anybody on 6mb has automatically been moved to the unlimited. Sure enough next bill was fine around 60mb date used that was BB messenger downloading surfing etc etc and was not charged for anything

FUP is 250mb they say.

When you call orange it's purely luck of the draw if you will get somebody who knows what they are talking about!!

Godd luck
    07-22-08 02:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD