I was just wondering something...

I'm currently on the EM+ plan...now, let's say that T-Mobile decides to change the prices of these plans, an increase perhaps? Since EM+ customers are not on contract, would we be affected by this?
    11-21-09 11:20 AM
    Once you have a plan or feature at a given price, they cannot force you to pay more or change. I still see people every now and then with the old 3 Day Weekend plan, circa 2004. Being on a grandfathered plan can often restrict which features can be added, but that's the main downside. You can be forced to abandon an old rate plan if you are on a single line plan and wish to switch to a shared plan, but is you already have 2 or more lines, you can add lines to an old family plan.
    11-21-09 10:23 PM
    Ohhh okay, thanks for clarifying.

I was just wondering because I'm not on a contract so therefore, they wouldn't be breaking any terms to change the plan I'm on...

It'll be interesting to see if/when these plans get changed, would someone on a talk/txt/web plan still be able to get it provisioned for different devices...
    11-21-09 11:10 PM
    If the plans change drastically, you may become restricted on which web/text features you could add. For those who remember SmartAccess, you only had certain rate plans you could choose from. You could also not add most newer internet packages. Not like SA plans were worth holding on to or anything.
    11-22-09 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD