I went to my local tmobile store to play with the 9700, check when my upgrade is and change my plan to a em family plan. Even though the plan comes out cheaper than my normal plan I would have to pay 140 bucks in sign up fees and when I sign up to this plan I then get no more upgrades ever cause I am not on a annual contract. So I decided to stay where I was and wait 6 months and upgrade to the 9700 and keep my plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-09 06:19 PM
    EM PLUS plans are no contract thus no upgrades. EM plans are contract and tus have upgrades.

11-29-09 10:02 PM
    EM PLUS plans are no contract thus no upgrades. EM plans are contract and tus have upgrades.

Exactly right.

11-30-09 04:16 PM
    I went to my local tmobile store to play with the 9700, check when my upgrade is and change my plan to a em family plan. Even though the plan comes out cheaper than my normal plan I would have to pay 140 bucks in sign up fees and when I sign up to this plan I then get no more upgrades ever cause I am not on a annual contract. So I decided to stay where I was and wait 6 months and upgrade to the 9700 and keep my plan.

One small bit of info in there. I'm assuming the $140 is 4X$35 for four lines, correct? You would only have two migration fees if those lines are on one family plan. $70 total. Other than that, what you listed is correct. You're trading discounts on a phone for discounts on a plan
    11-30-09 07:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD