I'm lovin' my KEYone but I'd like to get a second phone for when I'm working outdoors or hiking. I want something that is VERY durable and can take calls, texts and email. I'd like to pay less than $200. That's it. And, of course, it has to be Android and work on T-Mobile. Any suggestions?
    11-30-17 07:28 AM
    You can search on Amazon for rugged unlocked phones.... Problem with most are they are "generic" brands that mostly are on older version of Android and won't see an update.... some are running pretty old version of Android.

A friend has a phone by CAT (heavy equipment company), but I doubt it was cheap or that it sees much in the way of updates.

The real question is how much hiking are you doing.... just a few hours every now and then (buy a cheap $50 phone and case), or are you going to be out overnight or for days (great signal strength and huge battery would be a must along with ruggedness - cheap might not be the way to go).
    11-30-17 09:42 AM
    Thanks 3D. Yes, to clarify, mostly to be used while I'm on my own property working, so there's no need for massive signal strength or battery. I'm intrigued by older Kyocera models. Is there a reason I should steer away from them? See https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...4383.l4275.c10
    11-30-17 12:46 PM
    What OS does it have? Does it do email?

I think a flip phone might be more rugged and less likely to bend or shatter. If it can do what you want...
    12-01-17 11:54 AM
    How about a modern Samsung with either an Otter Box or Urban Armor Gear case? These provide a nearly bullet proof protection! I wish the made them for the KEYone...
    12-01-17 12:27 PM