I am looking into switching from Verizon to T-Mobile to save some money and have more phone options available to me. I currently have a Priv and I am not happy with how laggy it has become, particularly with Google Maps which I need almost daily.

I'm looking at either purchasing the DTEK60 or the Motion. Both look like solid devices. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the 2 TB MicroSD capability of the DTEK60, but I'm unsure about how I'll feel about the USB Type C connector since I have so many micro-USBs all over my house to use already. I know 256 GB of storage via MicroSD is nothing to sniff at, and the specs for the phone seem impressive.

As I move and travel frequently due to my military status, how does the T-Mobile coverage compare with T-Mobile?

So I'm looking for feed back and experience here to help me make my final decision. Thanks in advance!
    06-26-18 01:16 PM
    Dtek60 has some battery issues. After few months they start to drain fast and shut down with lots % battery left. 2TB sd cards don't exist yet... And do tare stuck at android 6 while motion is getting 8.1 soon. Also 4000 mah battery on motion is great and camera is not to bad in good light.
    06-26-18 02:21 PM
    Motion for the Android updates....

If you meant to ask how does Verizon coverage compare to T-Mobile... you'd be better off finding someone you know that has (or tried) T-Mobile. Where you are might make a big difference.
    06-26-18 02:32 PM
    Of those two, the Motion.

Although, neither has LTE band 71 support so that might complicate things in the future.
    06-26-18 02:43 PM
    How could it cause issues with that one band?
    06-26-18 09:45 PM
    LTE band 71 is intended to fill some of the gaps in T-Mobile's coverage: if you're already in an area with good coverage, great, but if you're not then LTE band 71 would be welcomed.

https://www.pcmag.com/news/356449/t-...u-need-to-know
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-26-18 09:56 PM
    Thanks for the article, very helpful! Does BlackBerry have any devices that currently support or will eventually support that band?
    06-27-18 08:30 AM
    Thanks for the article, very helpful! Does BlackBerry have any devices that currently support or will eventually support that band?
    Currently, no, in the future, maybe.
    06-28-18 09:51 AM
    I'm on T-mo, with a Motion -- am literally on wifi-calling 90% of use (office, restaurants, etc). But as I'm in So Ca., once outside my home, I get perfect reception cell-wise. Including LTE.
    06-28-18 08:21 PM
    Dtek60 & Motion work fine on T-Mobile. Motion has a better battery by far but I liked the swipe up option for the hub on the dtek60 but that's not carrier related. Currently using the Motion.
    09-08-18 06:34 PM
    I was a former DTEK60 user and had good reception with WI-FI calling working on T-Mobile . I now have the Motion and I'd sag the reception is a little better and WiFi calling fully functional as well. The Motion in every way is a much better phone. The DTEK60 has a better camera however.
    09-19-18 11:02 AM