Tmonews confirmed that it should have VoLTE and wifi calling. I see the VoLTE but no wifi.
    And does voLTE work?
    08-11-16 03:14 PM
    And does voLTE work?
    The indicator says it is but I really don't know how to test it.
    08-11-16 04:57 PM
    The indicator says it is but I really don't know how to test it.
    Fairly easy.

Make sure the indicator is on and then place a phone call. If your network coverage indicator stays on 4G LTE throughout, voLTE works. If it drops to 4G or below, voLTE doesn't work.
    08-11-16 05:03 PM
    Fairly easy.

Make sure the indicator is on and then place a phone call. If your network coverage indicator stays on 4G LTE throughout, voLTE works. If it drops to 4G or below, voLTE doesn't work.
    No it doesn't, it shows 3G when you make a call.
    08-11-16 06:25 PM
    No it doesn't, it shows 3G when you make a call.
    TMO says they have turned on voLTE for their entire LTE footprint, so if you see LTE on your screen when using data, you should be getting voLTE too...on a whitelisted phone. So it sounds like your phone doesn't have voLTE either.

That's 0 for 1.
    08-11-16 07:20 PM
    TMO says they have turned on voLTE for their entire LTE footprint, so if you see LTE on your screen when using data, you should be getting voLTE too...on a whitelisted phone. So it sounds like your phone doesn't have voLTE either.

That's 0 for 1.
    There is a setting that can be turned on or off, by default it was on, it says :
    Voice over LTE settings
    IMS PS voice preferred, CS voice secondary
    08-11-16 09:09 PM
    There is a setting that can be turned on or off, by default it was on, it says :
    Voice over LTE settings
    IMS PS voice preferred, CS voice secondary
    Right. That sounds like a light switch to nothing, if you will. The power company (TMO) hasn't turned on electric (whitelisted IMS) yet.

Looks like we are 0 for 2 on WFC. @DannyAves you tried what post#3 is suggesting, right?

Edit: make that 0 for 3 (post#4 in the other thread.)
    08-11-16 09:16 PM
    08-11-16 09:44 PM
    Right. That sounds like a light switch to nothing, if you will. The power company (TMO) hasn't turned on electric (whitelisted IMS) yet.

Looks like we are 0 for 2 on WFC. @DannyAves you tried what post#3 is suggesting, right?

Edit: make that 0 for 3 (post#4 in the other thread.)
    There is no option for wifi calling under settings > more.
    08-11-16 10:09 PM
    Is there a "phone" option. To setup my friend's Samsung I had to look there.
    08-11-16 10:44 PM
    Got it today. No wifi-calling, thought for the brief second I had data saw LTE. But reception is nearly zero here so w/o wifi-calling important... Overall, it's OK. Like my Z10 better.
    08-13-16 06:36 PM
    for the brief second I had data saw LTE.
    I wonder if that was band 12? And why do you say brief second--did you immediately put it on WiFi or did it phase out to no signal?
    08-13-16 08:21 PM
    Lost signal. Let me step outside and see if the gods blow some signal my way... ok, yes, LTE but when I called it was hard to tell if it dropped because of bad signal... to H and H+. Make sense?
    08-13-16 09:48 PM
    No. I updated to 10.3.2.2789...once it was confirmed to be a good build. I waited for it because I needed WFC.

It shouldn't. Phones can launch WFC-ready. The Priv hadn't even been picked up by TMO and it was WFC (and voLTE) ready on TMO.

I guess lower level reps (still) don't know what they're talking about. I don't remember where I read this--CB or elsewhere--but someone had said that it would take more than the word of the rep saying it to confirm that this phone has WFC. I guess they were right.
    Just wanted to let you guys know that my Z30 is capable to do the calling via WTC,i don't have any issues. I want to switch to the new DKTE50, but I don't know if I would like it!! Any one has this new device? Any feedback? I love how fast is my Z30, at one point I switched to the PRIV and I didn't like it at all
    08-13-16 10:41 PM
    Just wanted to let you guys know that my Z30 is capable to do the calling via WTC,i don't have any issues. I want to switch to the new DKTE50, but I don't know if I would like it!! Any one has this new device? Any feedback? I love how fast is my Z30, at one point I switched to the PRIV and I didn't like it at all
    Well, as you can tell I do have it and it does not, as yet, allow WFC. It's light, thin and quite nice. A solid, workaday Android device. Right now I still prefer my Z10, partly because I like the smaller form factor; definitely because it has WFC; partly because not crazy about Android (not iOS) phones.
    08-14-16 03:25 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!

If WFC is an absolute must-have for you, I suggest you wait until either TMO or BB says something about it.
    08-14-16 12:37 PM
    Lost signal. Let me step outside and see if the gods blow some signal my way... ok, yes, LTE but when I called it was hard to tell if it dropped because of bad signal... to H and H+. Make sense?
    No, it dropped to H or H+ because of the lack of voLTE. It's as if you had a BB10 phone.

But do you get LTE outside, with your Z10? I know indoors it's pretty bad for you, but I'm wondering if it's band 12 you're catching outside...
    08-14-16 12:40 PM
    I have the Dtek but have not provisioned the sim yet.

Questions?

1. Would a sim provisioned for the PRIV and then inserted in the DTEK make any difference?

2. Can you manually set the apn networks?

3. Is Tmobiles VOLTE/VILTE/WFC mainly a SIM provisioning or is it also hardware/ software for the DTEK. TMO has their own software for the Priv.
    08-14-16 12:52 PM
    I have the Dtek but have not provisioned the sim yet.

Questions?

1. Would a sim provisioned for the PRIV and then inserted in the DTEK make any difference? For WFC and voLTE, no. TMO whitelists devices based on IMEIs. So even if you are able to fool their system initially (while the PRIV's IMEI is in the system,) once the real IMEI gets picked up, WFC and voLTE would stop working.

2. Can you manually set the apn networks? Yes. TMO does not lock APNs. You should be able to manually type in APN values if they don't self-populate.

3. Is Tmobiles VOLTE/VILTE/WFC mainly a SIM provisioning or is it also hardware/ software for the DTEK. TMO has their own software for the Priv. It's largely about TMO whitelisting IMEIs. I doubt they test iOS builds every time one is released, yet iPhones enjoy near-unbroken WFC/voLTE availability because TMO wants to keep Apple happy. This is likely done on whitelisting the entire range of iPhone IMEIs without consideration for OS updates.
    08-14-16 01:15 PM
    No, it dropped to H or H+ because of the lack of voLTE. It's as if you had a BB10 phone.

But do you get LTE outside, with your Z10? I know indoors it's pretty bad for you, but I'm wondering if it's band 12 you're catching outside...
    OK, outside I get LTE with the Dtek, will check with z10.

OK, outside with Z10 getting "4G LTE".
    Last edited by scrannel; 08-14-16 at 08:07 PM.
    08-14-16 01:25 PM
    Thanks for the detailed info, I'd hate to move to apple for security (amongst other things), Samsung's OK but BB hardened is best. I just wish TMO and BB would get things worked out..
    08-14-16 01:33 PM
    Apple, for security? Surely you jest. Search around...
    raino likes this.
    08-14-16 01:35 PM
    Thanks for the detailed info, I'd hate to move to apple for security (amongst other things), Samsung's OK but BB hardened is best. I just wish TMO and BB would get things worked out..
    That's how BYOD works on TMO--it's marketing when you really figure out what's going on.

True BYOD only works for Apple devices. Not because they're better than others or anything--far from it, but because TMO doesn't want to **** off Apple.
    08-14-16 01:41 PM
    But saw you mentioned Samsung is selling a few phones direct now? Thinking that may be a good option for me in the future

Poetry in Motion
    08-18-16 10:34 AM
    08-20-16 06:14 AM
64 123