Anyone having problems with regular dropped calls on the BB Curve with T-Mobile? Support has had me reset via removing the battery and re-registering me on the network, but I'm still having problems where I can hear the other side, but they stop hearing me (my calls or their calls). I am not using a WiFi connection, though using Bluetooth Motorola headset. Thanks for any guidance.
    04-30-08 08:11 PM
    For the last couple of months my curve/t-mobile service has been acting up. Calls drop, and lines cross. It has been pretty bad.
    04-30-08 08:20 PM
    Nothing out of the ordinary I typically have 1-2 calls per week drop. I have not noticed an increase.
    04-30-08 08:28 PM
    Welcome to my world! TMo regularly drops calls in Manhattan NYC - at least my calls here!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-08 12:23 AM
    Anyone having problems with regular dropped calls on the BB Curve with T-Mobile?
    I use a ka-zillion minutes (unlimited voice plan) with T-Mobile and travel across Southern California all the time. I cannot remember the last time I had a dropped call or any other service frustration. T-Mobile and my Curve meet all my needs. Couldn't be happier.
    05-01-08 02:43 AM
    No problems here either. I use my phone for calls for atleast 20-25 times a day and no dropped calls yet. Im in Anaheim California.
    05-01-08 04:42 AM
    \Im in Anaheim California.
    TMo really is outstanding in Southern California. Kinda hard to argue with completely clear coverage and the best prices in the business.
    05-01-08 02:44 PM
    Looks like our CA brethen are in heaven while us NYC'ers are in dropped call purgatory. For NYC: my calls are getting dropped at least once per call and I'm not underway - generally stationnary. I never had this problem with my old Treo, so I'm thinking software/hardware issue. Any thoughts?
    05-01-08 06:26 PM
    Funny to hear this, but i have been having the same problem for about a month now. But only when i talk to my girlfriend. She has the same phone. I can hear her but she can't hear me. Doesn't happen with anyone else. It's not all the time maybe once or twice a day.
    05-02-08 12:56 PM
    Looks like our CA brethen are in heaven while us NYC'ers are in dropped call purgatory
    I love NYC! As Rudy sez ... it's the capital of the world!

Sorry to hear about your troubles back east. Have you tried swapping out your SIM card into another phone to determine if it is the phone or the network? It was always my understanding that TMo's service in NYC was exceptional. I used to travel to NYC frequently and never had any problems whatsoever back there. But that was a few years back and things can change.

Hope you get this fixed. As for California, we're still in great shape with TMo and the Curve! Had my Curve since the first day TMo released it and have never had a dropped call.
    05-02-08 03:09 PM
    I love T-Mobile also, I have been with them for 3 years. My wife and I are still having problems with our T-Mobile 8320's. My wife was on the phone with her mom last week and her call switched over to a Corrections Facility. And no her mom is not in Jail. LOL! It was the craziest thing. T-Mobile needs to fix these problems soon.
    05-02-08 03:23 PM
    So bad where I live they are letting me out of my contract after 6 months of service and numerous service calls. North Dallas area. I must have a black hole around my house, even when I switch from the wifi to cellular it drops everytime...
    05-03-08 08:30 PM
    So bad where I live they are letting me out of my contract after 6 months of service and numerous service calls. North Dallas area. I must have a black hole around my house, even when I switch from the wifi to cellular it drops everytime...
    You should immediately be allowed out of a contract if you are not satisfied with your service.

Better yet, you should have never been asked to sign a contract. Not by any carrier.

It's nothing but extortion. And it should be ended. Where is the U.S. Justice Department investigating the carrier cartel on these RIDICULOUS ETF contracts?
    05-04-08 02:23 AM
    My Curve was dropping calls about 8 times week!!! So took Curve to a T-Mobile store and let them check out phone. They said it was my old SIM card (4 1/2 years old) and gave me a new SIM for free. Not one drop call since.

Last edited by VOK3900; 05-05-08 at 10:29 PM.
    05-04-08 05:34 AM
    Might be the sim alright. If in case you do have a new sim, try resetting it on the phone by removing it for a couple of seconds then putting it back in while making sure it's firmly placed.

05-04-08 06:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD