I know that it is rumored/lightly confirmed that U.S. Cellular is expected to launch a few Android devices in early 2010. Do you think it is possible that we could see the Motorola Droid as one of these? It seems somewhat likely considering the partnership U.S. Cellular has had with Motorola in the past. Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.
    01-12-10 12:43 PM
    The Droid is a VZW exclusive. The Android phones coming are rumored to be the HTC Hero and the Motorola Calgary. The Hero is already in The Signal's (USCC's insurance provider's) databases.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-10 02:19 PM
    That's what I was afraid of. The Calgary looks like a cheaper version of the Droid and the Hero is decent but still lacks the appeal of the Droid and Nexus One. You seem like a pretty knowledgeable chap, Big E, what can you tell me about a time frame for U.S. Cellular to release the Tour 2? Also, are there any rumors of U.S. Cellular picking up any other nice smartphones in 2010? Sorry to flood you with words, by the way.
    01-12-10 02:25 PM
    Big E is the USCC man over in another forum. If anyone knows USCC info, he does.
    01-13-10 03:51 PM
    Big E is the USCC man over in another forum. If anyone knows USCC info, he does.
    +1 haha. He knows privileged info
    01-13-10 06:19 PM
    +1 haha. He knows privileged info
    LOL, thanks gents, for the record I don't work for US Cellular but I do have some folks who feed me information on occasion. I do know of one other Android device besides the Hero and the Calgary...I can't say what it is yet but it's worth waiting for if you're looking for Android devices but it will probably be out last of the three devices, bottom line is "wait."

I haven't heard anything about the Tour2 but then again I haven't asked.
    01-13-10 07:58 PM
    Help us out! If we have something to speculate about it, it will make waiting so much easier. Is it a phone that is already on the market or yet to come out? Also, I received a bit of info from a U.S. Cellular employee that the Tour 2 should be out within a 2-3 month window.
    01-14-10 12:49 PM
    Help us out! If we have something to speculate about it, it will make waiting so much easier. Is it a phone that is already on the market or yet to come out? Also, I received a bit of info from a U.S. Cellular employee that the Tour 2 should be out within a 2-3 month window.
    If I want my birdies to continue feeding me info I need to respect their wishes. I will say this...I'm currently eligible for an upgrade but I'm saving it for this particular phone, it'll be better than both the Hero and the Calgary.
    01-14-10 03:31 PM
    Hmm, Nexus one perhaps? The Droid actually coming to U.S. Cellular? The possibilities are endless! When will you be able to drop more info?
    01-14-10 03:53 PM
    Hmm, Nexus one perhaps? The Droid actually coming to U.S. Cellular? The possibilities are endless! When will you be able to drop more info?
    I'll plead the Fifth for now, keep an eye on things over at HoFo, there's a lot more traffic over there.
    01-15-10 09:44 AM
    Excuse my ignorance but what is HoFo?
    01-15-10 10:09 AM
    Excuse my ignorance but what is HoFo?
    HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource
    01-15-10 10:25 AM
    Which forum over at Hofo were you referring to, Big E? Any info on that Android would be appreciated.
    01-15-10 11:34 AM
    The US Cellular forums. There's nothing over there about it yet, I'm just saying that when info does break it's going to be there, not here, this place is pretty dead most of the time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-10 11:46 AM
    i was told from my friend thats a US Cellular rep, that they will be getting a Motorola version at this time, not to say that that wont change before its release.
    01-17-10 09:51 PM
    Big E, can you give any information as to what Android phone you are referring to? Any details about the phone that doesn't completely give it away, but doesn't leave us awe struck.
    01-20-10 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD