Any other opinions? What makes windows mobile so bad? It seems to operate pretty smoothly in all the reviews. Is there a different internet browser for the storm2 that is faster?
    12-01-09 04:13 PM
    Opera Mini for the Storm 2 is probably the best for that particular phone. But the Droid's and newer WinMo phones are going to have superior native browsers.

As for WinMo... There's nothing really wrong with it, but over the years has picked up a reputation as being somewhat convoluted and not very user friendly. While not completely untrue, newer versions of WinMo have greatly improved its user experience, and HTC has done a great job to mask what was so boring in previous WinMo phones... Like the Q...
    12-01-09 11:21 PM
    Except when it comes to the sec!
    Yeah unfortunately BSU had a good game against Oklahoma but thats it... we'll see next year vs. Virginia Tech but I don't think they would be able to hang with teams like Florida State, Florida, Iowa, Cincy, you get the point... those east teams demolish. And the fact that TCU crushes teams 55-14 and BSU struggles against pisspoor teams...

ON TOPIC: No one can really say this phone will be good for you. You have to think about what type of Smartphone you are after. For simple push email go with a BB although you will be doing multiple resets on the phone. Windows mobile is nice if you are comfortable with it, droid is nice for customization but like most said I would go and get my hands on each one of these phones before I spend 2 bills on any of them.
    Last edited by blue_and_bold; 12-02-09 at 08:52 AM.
    12-02-09 08:30 AM
    I don't think Florida is as good as their ranking. They've had some close calls with some pretty bad teams in the sec. I think Alabama is the more consistent team.. we'll see Saturday!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-09 09:20 AM
    I don't think Florida is as good as their ranking. They've had some close calls with some pretty bad teams in the sec. I think Alabama is the more consistent team.. we'll see Saturday!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Oh I'm hopin captaincocky tebow gets walloped!
    12-02-09 10:30 AM
    Am I at Crackberry.com, or ESPN? Back on track guys!
    12-02-09 10:41 AM
    With the four choices you have, what will be your primary use for the phone? I also find myself in the same situation, I have a S1 and trying to decide between the droid, eris, or the S2. If you could wait until January then maybe you can narrow it down a little further. Why? Rumor has it RIM has another update and not sure if this will include the new browser, the HTC Dragon/passion is suppose to be available by Christmas, and the Eris update.

When you choose a phone just make sure it fits your needs. There are positives and negatives to every phone.
    12-02-09 10:43 AM
    By the way - how many more one post drive-bys will we devote so much time to?
    I had the Imagio for 2 months and i played and tweaked it everyday. I could not find any ROM's at the time on Xda, the touchscreen was resistive so that kinda sucked, Lots of lag from screen animations or apps running, etc...

I did like the phone but i was not that impressed with Winmo 6.5. Now i know you like Winmo but i don't think i will return until winmo 7 is proven to be better and not a patch.

I did however enjoy many features of the phone, the FM radio being one... I loaded the Atom icon bar which was cool and other cab files...

Overall it just felt it was lacking speed and something else...

This was my experience and i do want to stress that the Imagio was a good device just not for me...

I would recommend TP2 over the Imagio, but since the Omnia 2 dropped your better off with that mainly because its got a AMOLED screen, wish the Droid did...

Hope that helped Twin! Check ya later man! (What movie is that from?)
    Last edited by JoeyMoose; 12-02-09 at 07:46 PM.
    12-02-09 10:54 AM
    Am I at Crackberry.com, or ESPN? Back on track guys!
    Hey PK! We have the same PIN, hit me up on BBM! J/K! How the MOD life treating you?
    12-02-09 10:57 AM
    With the four choices you have, what will be your primary use for the phone? I also find myself in the same situation, I have a S1 and trying to decide between the droid, eris, or the S2. If you could wait until January then maybe you can narrow it down a little further. Why? Rumor has it RIM has another update and not sure if this will include the new browser, the HTC Dragon/passion is suppose to be available by Christmas, and the Eris update.

When you choose a phone just make sure it fits your needs. There are positives and negatives to every phone.
    I primarily am looking for a phone which will allow me to access my email, text, browse the internet, listen to music and videos, and use gps with mapping. I am not using it for business nor do I need security. Basically I want a phone that will be very similar to a iphone and what it provides. I feel like verizon perfectly positioned each phone to be good at a particular thing and not any one phone good at everything. I would get the droid but I hate the keyboard and would never use it and feel like it would just be a waste and it makes the phone too thick.

I know alot of people think windows mobile is convoluted and hard to use but I feel that that is how all windows products are. Alot of people say the same thing about Windows pc products but I feel that if you just know what your doing you will be able to get around. It was not designed to be as simple as mac products.
    12-02-09 12:36 PM
    You're entirely correct about WinMo... Its not designed to be a phone for dummies... But if you're looking for a phone similar to an iPhone, its not going to be a WinMo phone, as iPhones and BlackBerrys are phones that can easily be picked up and used without requiring much maintenance...

I personally prefer the Android OS, and as its popularity its quickly growing, I believe it will become a very solid platform.
    12-02-09 01:02 PM
    I primarily am looking for a phone which will allow me to access my email, text, browse the internet, listen to music and videos, and use gps with mapping. I am not using it for business nor do I need security. Basically I want a phone that will be very similar to a iphone and what it provides. I feel like verizon perfectly positioned each phone to be good at a particular thing and not any one phone good at everything. I would get the droid but I hate the keyboard and would never use it and feel like it would just be a waste and it makes the phone too thick.

I know alot of people think windows mobile is convoluted and hard to use but I feel that that is how all windows products are. Alot of people say the same thing about Windows pc products but I feel that if you just know what your doing you will be able to get around. It was not designed to be as simple as mac products.
    I do the same thing and could care less for the security RIM provides on the BB and I know the browser sucks but RIM just purchased a company that develops web broswers. I am hoping the browser is implemented in the next OS update. The pull out keyboard is one of reasons I have not purchased the Droid, but it seems to meet your needs. Have you looked into the Eris? I know it runs on the Android 1.5 but that is another option.
    12-02-09 01:19 PM
    I was going to get a phone for Christmas but I can't really say that there is a phone for me that is worth $200. I think I am just going to wait it out a little longer and see what updates or new phones come out. I did check out the eris and like it alot but aren't the specs on it a little sub par compared to the droid? Complication does not really bother me with a phone, I just feel that the iphone does everything pretty good and is smooth at doing it and I want a similar experience. Right now the droid or imagio would be my top picks.

Can you have your email pushed to the droid if it is a non google account?
    12-02-09 06:10 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD