What are the chances that the Droid will be available for Sprint? Sprint already sells Motorola phones. Anyone have thoughts on this?
    12-10-09 07:16 PM
    Think it's a lot more likely that they will just introduce entirely different models...

The droid itself is going to be usurped by the snapdragon models fairly soon anyways, so re-releasing an eventually older VZ model would be kind of pointless.
    12-10-09 07:18 PM
    what is the snapdragon?
    12-10-09 08:24 PM
    Just a new processor chipset they use.
    12-10-09 08:27 PM
    Oh. OK, thanks. I hope sprint gets some cool new phones soon, what ever they are
    12-10-09 08:49 PM
    I tried the droid the other day, and hated it. Maybe its because I'm so used to my berry, but I have to say I didnt like it at all. It would be cool to hear what other berry users think of it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-09 10:02 PM
    Droid has been an Epic fail on Verizon, but Motorola has some good phones coming out soon
    12-10-09 10:19 PM
    Oh. OK, thanks. I hope sprint gets some cool new phones soon, what ever they are
    I think for the smartphone market we can pretty much expect to see something like these

Blackberry: Curve2, Tour2, and some type of push to talk BB

Palm: Don't see them coming out with a new phone for atleast until Q3 2010

Andriod: HTC Bravo/Passion/Dragon, Hero2, iDen?
    12-10-09 11:40 PM
    I don't think I'd ever buy another Motorola phone. I played with the Droid. Beautiful screen, awesome OS, but its horrible in your hands when opened, the hardware keyboard is terrible, and I mean terrible. The Palm Pre keyboard just destroys it. Its not just that the keys are flat, and there is no "feel" to them, its the fact that you have to be double jointed to stretch your thumb around that D pad in an awkward angle. The internals and OS are fantastic, the screen is awesome, the rest is horrible, IMO.

I'm going to stick with HTC Android, I think. I love having a huge community of devs working hard on those phones, and this being my first HTC device, has been outstanding for me.
    12-11-09 02:23 AM
    No one even thinks about the Samsung Moment - a GREAT phone on Sprint
    12-11-09 01:41 PM
    I don't think I'd ever buy another Motorola phone. I played with the Droid. Beautiful screen, awesome OS, but its horrible in your hands when opened, the hardware keyboard is terrible, and I mean terrible. The Palm Pre keyboard just destroys it. Its not just that the keys are flat, and there is no "feel" to them, its the fact that you have to be double jointed to stretch your thumb around that D pad in an awkward angle. The internals and OS are fantastic, the screen is awesome, the rest is horrible, IMO.

I'm going to stick with HTC Android, I think. I love having a huge community of devs working hard on those phones, and this being my first HTC device, has been outstanding for me.
    +1

I checked out a co-worker's Droid this morning and the keyboard is trash. Looked like it was a horribly cheap, thin and wavy piece of plastic with letters on it. The screen is bad a$$. I had to use the virtual keyboard, which was slightly more accurate than the physical keyboard.
    12-11-09 02:16 PM

How long is the battery on your Hero?

The Moment is horrible the battery drains like crazy, if you thought Pre's battery was bad wait till your see Moments.
    12-11-09 02:49 PM

The Moment is horrible the battery drains like crazy, if you thought Pre's battery was bad wait till your see Moments.
    My battery is between 30 and 40% when I put it on the charger each night. I get 12-14 hours of use on my phone every day.
    12-11-09 02:59 PM

So do you think the HTC hero is a good choice? i have nextel now but i am having a lot of issues with the 8350i not working all the time, it disconnects from the network by its self for some reason, sometimes i can turn it on sometimes not. The store where i get my phones from is looking into porting my cell number to an HTC hero and leaving my 2 way number active on one of my old motorola phones. I do like the looks of the hero. But i get the feeling that something new is coming from sprint early next year.
    12-11-09 03:48 PM
    So do you think the HTC hero is a good choice? i have nextel now but i am having a lot of issues with the 8350i not working all the time, it disconnects from the network by its self for some reason, sometimes i can turn it on sometimes not. The store where i get my phones from is looking into porting my cell number to an HTC hero and leaving my 2 way number active on one of my old motorola phones. I do like the looks of the hero. But i get the feeling that something new is coming from sprint early next year.
    If you can live without a physical keyboard, the HTC Hero is the best phone on Sprint. If you need a physical keyboard, the Palm Pre is the best phone on Sprint. I own both, I love both, but if I was forced to choose, it would be the Hero without hesitation.
    12-11-09 05:43 PM
    If you can live without a physical keyboard, the HTC Hero is the best phone on Sprint. If you need a physical keyboard, the Palm Pre is the best phone on Sprint. I own both, I love both, but if I was forced to choose, it would be the Hero without hesitation.
    Thank you. I have been reading on here that HTC is going to introduce the Bravo/passion in january. Should i wait to see what happens. My Nextel 8350i is making me nutz with all the bugs i have been having latley.
    12-11-09 07:35 PM
    Thank you. I have been reading on here that HTC is going to introduce the Bravo/passion in january. Should i wait to see what happens. My Nextel 8350i is making me nutz with all the bugs i have been having latley.
    I doubt Sprint will be coming out with the new HTC snapdragon phones will around Q2, the new HTC Bravo/Passion will probably be GSM first before making their way to Sprint. I have the Pre right now but I am going to try and get out of my ETF whenever the HTC Bravo comes out. Plus if you way a while Sprint might have a BOGO to try and get rid of inventory once HTC's Bravo/Passion becomes available.

HTC Bravo/Dragon/Passion = HTC Hero on steriods, rumors are that Hero2 is also coming next year...
    12-11-09 09:15 PM
    I doubt Sprint will be coming out with the new HTC snapdragon phones will around Q2, the new HTC Bravo/Passion will probably be GSM first before making their way to Sprint. I have the Pre right now but I am going to try and get out of my ETF whenever the HTC Bravo comes out. Plus if you way a while Sprint might have a BOGO to try and get rid of inventory once HTC's Bravo/Passion becomes available.

HTC Bravo/Dragon/Passion = HTC Hero on steriods, rumors are that Hero2 is also coming next year...
    Nice. i just dont know if i cal tolerate this BB 8350i much longer. I was ok until a week ago, now well lets just say id like to destroy it.
    12-12-09 04:11 PM
    The Hero is AWESOME! I'm so glad I got it! I agree with you 100%
    12-12-09 06:22 PM
    Droid has been an Epic fail on Verizon, but Motorola has some good phones coming out soon
    the droid has not ben a epic fail at all the sales were threw the roof its estimated its sold 700-800 thousand since release already and estimated to sell a million units by the end of q4 thats definitely not a epic fail

No one even thinks about the Samsung Moment - a GREAT phone on Sprint
    It is a awesome phone i own it, its also getting android 2.0 also the hero sometime next year but no matter how much i like android i love my blackberry

Actually it has a waaaay better battery then the pre its not that great of a battery at all but blows the pre out the water i own the moment and owned the pre for a short time. Most of the problems with the moment are with the indicater being inaccurate the moment will last for 4 hours on 10% b4 it dies
    Last edited by njbianco; 12-13-09 at 11:03 PM.
    12-13-09 10:57 PM
    the droid has not ben a epic fail at all the sales were threw the roof its estimated its sold 700-800 thousand since release already and estimated to sell a million units by the end of q4 thats definitely not a epic fail

It is a awesome phone i own it, its also getting android 2.0 also the hero sometime next year but no matter how much i like android i love my blackberry

Actually it has a waaaay better battery then the pre its not that great of a battery at all but blows the pre out the water i own the moment and owned the pre for a short time. Most of the problems with the moment are with the indicater being inaccurate the moment will last for 4 hours on 10% b4 it dies
    I agree with you when I first switched to Sprint I got the Moment, it was an amazing phone (Hero is good and all but Sense UI is just eye candy) I don't care what others say about it. It pratically is the Droid for Sprint (heck it has 200 mhz more power than Droid) and it's keyboard is not as most people state (all they complain about is the space key). I think on Android 2.0 Moment will be at full potential, there's a reason why the Moment is so laggy it runs on 1.5!

As for me I needed a smaller phone and my Moment's hardware was messing up like crazy. I might go back to it or the Hero in the next weeks or so depending how Pre treats me.
    12-13-09 11:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD