I know I said I would not touch a Hero, but my little brother who never gets new phones decided to get one. Well this being his first smartphone he offered me gas money to come program his email. I fell in love with the android os. My birthday coming up along with upgrade for my line, my mother offered to buy me the Hero. So I switched and now my pearl is for sale lol. Any one else switch?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 12:58 PM
    I switched and then went back to blackberry I love android but I don't think the devices are ready for its full potential yet.

11-25-09 08:19 PM
    I switched and then went back to blackberry I love android but I don't think the devices are ready for its full potential yet.

i totally agree with you. it's nice, but it aint ready. my boss and a colleague bought 2 last friday and before monday rolled around both devices were freezing, had stop rotating even after rebooting, among other small annoyances....for people who just want to check email.
    11-26-09 09:33 AM
    Never had a problem with mine. Does everything I need it to do.
    11-26-09 03:55 PM
    Mine is doing fine. I am roaming where my bb lost all data service in Arkansas and typing this right now. I do love the droid. Dont think i will go back to bb. Not enough apps and the browser........well no compairison droid all the way. Mime only freezes when i am on pandora and send a text at the exact moment i receive a call but the call came in i amswered and once it was over everything picked right up. Some people are sticking with bb and there fore are prejidus(sp?) But that cool droid is the only thing that might hurt both rim and iphone. I love this phone. Oh yeah and i have wifi does your bb have that feature!!!!

11-28-09 08:20 AM
    Mine is doing fine. I am roaming where my bb lost all data service in Arkansas and typing this right now. I do love the droid. Dont think i will go back to bb. Not enough apps and the browser........well no compairison droid all the way. Mime only freezes when i am on pandora and send a text at the exact moment i receive a call but the call came in i amswered and once it was over everything picked right up. Some people are sticking with bb and there fore are prejidus(sp?) But that cool droid is the only thing that might hurt both rim and iphone. I love this phone. Oh yeah and i have wifi does your bb have that feature!!!!

Hahah. No my Blackberry doesn't have wi-fi and it doesn't have the "cool" factor which is what I prefer. However both devices have their place....the Blackberry Tour does what I need it to do and I'm sure likewise for you with the hero.
    11-28-09 08:33 AM
    Btw...1hat the heck are you doing in a "Crack(Blackberry) forum talking about your HERO? Can't stay away, huh? . Look in the forums....and find your "non-Blackberry" thread! Hahahaha
    11-28-09 08:37 AM
    Btw what the heck are you doing in the "Crack(Blackberry) forums talking about your HERO? Can't stay away huh?
    11-28-09 08:39 AM
    You know I like to talk smack, luvitlo...your new home is here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f169/
    11-28-09 09:26 AM
    hey luvitlo i have a 9550 and yes i have wifi ! is it all that useful....no not really but it is there....i also have push email....can your hero do that???
    my storm2 works fine and gets better signal than my prior device did 8830 so signal issues are not a problem anymore I dont think the droid has the market cornered on improved signal reception as most newer phones do get better reception than their predecessors....

enjoy your new home luvitlo.....
    Last edited by dragon_storm; 11-28-09 at 09:38 AM.
    11-28-09 09:34 AM
    hey btw i have a 9550 and yes i have wifi ! is it all that useful....no not really but it is there....i also have push email....can your hero do that???
    WOW! There's a "comeback" for that! Hahah. Nice, Dragon!

11-28-09 09:37 AM
    Thanks....I just really hate it when someone says "phone X does this and phone Y doesn't neinner neinner neinner" and yet doesn't really know all the details....

IF IGNORANCE IS BLISS AMERICA IS A LAND OF SMILING IDIOTS!!!
    EDUCATE YOURSELVES AND WE WILL BE THE SUPER POWER ALL YOUR
    GREAT-GRANDPARENTS/GRANDPARENTS DIED FOR!!!!

<<<ex-ARMY AIRBORNE RANGER>>>
    11-28-09 12:33 PM
    Thanks....I just really hate it when someone says "phone X does this and phone Y doesn't neinner neinner neinner" and yet doesn't really know all the details....

IF IGNORANCE IS BLISS AMERICA IS A LAND OF SMILING IDIOTS!!!
    EDUCATE YOURSELVES AND WE WILL BE THE SUPER POWER ALL YOUR
    GREAT-GRANDPARENTS/GRANDPARENTS DIED FOR!!!!

<<<ex-ARMY AIRBORNE RANGER>>>
    I totally feel you. I actually had an opportunity to sit through a sales/demo for both the Tour and Hero and though I know the salesman meant no harm (he was obviously spilling what had been given to him) I got so tired of hearing "you can do this with the Hero" and that "this" was and has been longtime Blackberry features that someone obviously failed to explore.

11-28-09 12:58 PM
    Plus we have more accessories. LOL

11-28-09 03:21 PM
    You dont have more acceries features nothing. I dont know how my email works but my hero notifies me it has a flashing led. And crackberry is not just for bb owners I have many friends here and there is an android forum. this one is CELLULAR SOUTH NOT BLACKBERRY DISCUSSION also cell south does not offer bb with wifi so you dont belong here!!!!!!!

11-29-09 10:37 AM
    You dont have more acceries features nothing. I dont know how my email works but my hero notifies me it has a flashing led. And crackberry is not just for bb owners I have many friends here and there is an android forum. this one is CELLULAR SOUTH NOT BLACKBERRY DISCUSSION also cell south does not offer bb with wifi so you dont belong here!!!!!!!

OK LUVITLO YOU ASKED FOR IT,
    FIRST OFF YOU POSTED ABOUT HOW GREAT THE HERO SUITS YOUR NEEDS AND THAT IS FINE, HOWEVER SOME OF THE INFO YOU PUT UP IS IN ERROR, I CORRECTED YOUR ERROR BY GIVING THE CORRECT INFO!

SECOND OFF BEING THAT THIS IS MAINLY A BLACKBERRY FORUM AND YOU ARE A FANBOY FOR HERO YOU HAVE TO EXPECT PEOPLE WHO KNOW MORE THAN YOU ARE GOING TO CORRECT YOUR MIS-REPRESENTATIONS OF OUR PHONES!

AND THIRDLY BEING AS ALL BLACKBERRIES ARE UNLOCKABLE AND CAN BE TAKEN TO OTHER CARRIERS OF THE SAME NETWORK TYPE YOUR POINT ABOUT CELLSOUTH NOT HAVING A WIFI BLACKBERRY IS MOOT.....

SOOOO ONCE AGAIN YOU HAVE FAILED HORRIBLY....HAVE A NICE DAY
    AND DON'T FORGET YOUR HELMET!!!!

Last edited by dragon_storm; 11-29-09 at 02:01 PM.
    11-29-09 11:55 AM
    Dude i have owned 3 berries. I like bb but yhey are falling behind. Memory, browser, apps to fit every need, etc...... these are areas that RIM has lagged in. Sure they had a good run as a smartphone, among tge first issued, ut come on you have to admit it really gets to you when a kid with an iohone can watch youtube on full screen while you squint to look at tge tiny box in the middle of your bb screen. Also you are paying for features with the data plan that you cant use because bb cant do that or there is no app avalible. I just changed and got a smartphone that is up on time. If bb catches uo, gets a decent browser and offeres sn app for everything i will go back . Right now bb is behind.

11-29-09 04:18 PM
    Again you are talking about older berries! I can watch full screen youtube and my screen is as big as an I phones so once again you fail! Find a valid point or get over it

11-29-09 04:22 PM
    Wow touchy

11-29-09 04:51 PM

Ummm, Sir. I did so kindly point you to an Android only forum that is indeed on the crackberry.com domain. Reading is encouraged before posting. In case you missed it,

"You know I like to talk smack, luvitlo...your new home is here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f169/"

Word.
    11-29-09 08:56 PM
    Dude i have owned 3 berries. I like bb but yhey are falling behind. Memory, browser, apps to fit every need, etc...... these are areas that RIM has lagged in. Sure they had a good run as a smartphone, among tge first issued, ut come on you have to admit it really gets to you when a kid with an iohone can watch youtube on full screen while you squint to look at tge tiny box in the middle of your bb screen. Also you are paying for features with the data plan that you cant use because bb cant do that or there is no app avalible. I just changed and got a smartphone that is up on time. If bb catches uo, gets a decent browser and offeres sn app for everything i will go back . Right now bb is behind.

Since we are comparing devices seemingly, I can't help but to ask if you typed this particular post from your Hero's tiny, tiny (in landscape or portrait) keyboard? I ask because of all the typos.
    11-29-09 09:00 PM
    Ha-so grasshopper your droid style kungfu no match for blackberry style master don't make me bring back the monkey......let the smacks rain down on your droid toting fool a.....
    Jk jk anyway glad u like your new phone so much just don't start saying things you know nothing at all about�!�

Last edited by dragon_storm; 11-29-09 at 09:06 PM.
    11-29-09 09:03 PM
    I just cant type good period lol. And ms cooley i been on the droid forum here if you WOULD READ. And i repeat this is the CELLULAR SOUTH FORUM. dont say jack about bb only i am cell south but dragon **** aint cause storm aint crll south so jump his azz some.

11-29-09 10:30 PM
    I just cant type good period lol. And ms cooley i been on the droid forum here if you WOULD READ. And i repeat this is the CELLULAR SOUTH FORUM. dont say jack about bb only i am cell south but dragon **** aint cause storm aint crll south so jump his azz some.

Lol. I would be in the Android forums why again? But thanks for sharing! I could be wrong but are threads are dedicated to RIM devices by default. If not then there would be no need for the other dedicated "Android, Apple, Palm, etc forums all within crackberry.com. Its called organization. Correct me if I'm wrong. Additionally, I'd guess that most Droid owners would look in the Droid forums before they'd look at the carrier forums. I feel what you're saying about Dragon and yes this is a CSOUTH forum however if someone from another carrier wants to share their knowledge on Blackberry devices with us then great. We feed off of each others knowledge of RIM devices.

11-29-09 10:57 PM
    Ok here we go again livitlo let me break this down for your since you don't seem to understand it? You don't seem to get that when someone like you posts something it shows up in a list of posts with all the other posts in the BLACKBERRY SIDE OF THE FORUM! Not a hard concept to grasp but I will keep it simple for you since I know your simple brain only grasps small words!
    Your ON THE BLACKBERRY ONLY SIDE OF CRACKBERRY! Take your simple azzz and bounce it right on down to the droid side!
    Kind of like when you were in school they kept you special ed children away from the rest of the kids to keep you from being beaten up or picked on!

�ow put your helmet back on get back on the short bus and go play with your new friends...

Educate yourself a little better next time about what products blackberry actually has instead of what you think and maybe you won't get smacked around by people in a public forum for all to see and laugh at, and believe me they are/were laughing at you!
    just cause you had 3 blackberries doesn't make you a guru on the subject...as you showed by saying the comments you did about blackberries not having wifi....they have for years....and your comment about youtube....again you looked like a fool because you did not know what you were talking about...

And yes mscooley is absolutely right....if it were not for learning things from blackberry owners from all carriers our phones would be just that....phones not the great devices we need / love /hate sometimes...

SO in summary for you luvitlo.....don't be this guy.....cause that sure looks like it hurts....Oh and have a nice day!

Last edited by dragon_storm; 11-30-09 at 03:02 AM.
    11-30-09 02:35 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD