How are the losing 300 per month when you only pay 280?
    02-09-10 01:46 PM
    I bet his bill is 280 PLUS taxes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-10 03:59 PM
    Some of you are pretty funny.

First of all... there was no brow-beating. I was very courteous to the store rep. As well, I was very courteous to the phone rep during the 20 minutes he spent asking me questions (in broken english) then repeating everything I said back to me.

As well, I HAVE had the same issue with a blackberry. My curve had a similar/same issue. Fortunately, MY service has been through Verizon. I brought it into the store (at 11.5 months on the phone) and that guy looked at it, and exchanged it on the spot. So VZ warranty replaced the phone with almost the same issue whereas ATT phone rep said nothing they would do.

The phone was $30 with a 2 year contract renewal. Yes, I make enough money.. but I work for it and I am not going to pay $300 non-contract pricing on a phone.

And yes... we were paying about $300 to ATT. 4 phones, 2000+ minutes, texting, internet, early nights and weekends, and some other things. It added up quick. These were for my wife, daughter, step-son, and an extra line just in case.

Again, MY phone has been through VZ for a couple years. I have always had great service. Nothing to write home about other than their quick warranty replacement on my old curve. Coverage is spectacular. Far better than what my wife and daughter were getting with ATT.

Either way... it is a done deal. I called in and cancelled 1 line that was up on contract. 2 more will come up in the coming months. I dropped the plan to the least amount of minutes possible. Removed all features completely. After the 2 phones are up, I will cancel all together as the term fees will be less than what we will pay to finsih out the contract.

I will state... when I called in to cancel all these features... I got a nice lady on the phone that was VERY freindly. We talked about our kids, etc while on the phone. I told her straight out that I wished i woulda got her the first time. But, whats done is done.
    02-09-10 08:32 PM
    As well, I HAVE had the same issue with a blackberry. My curve had a similar/same issue. Fortunately, MY service has been through Verizon. I brought it into the store (at 11.5 months on the phone) and that guy looked at it, and exchanged it on the spot. So VZ warranty replaced the phone with almost the same issue whereas ATT phone rep said nothing they would do.
    When I originally broke my very first BB, the guy I talked to at the AT&T store was even willing to change the original date of my purchase so that it was covered by the warranty, *despite* that it was basically water damage because I had used the trackball with my wet hands and that caused the keyboard to stop working.

In the end I didn't do that because I wanted the 8310 instead (I had an 8300 at the time) and he charged me the contract renewal price (of $139 vs $299)because of the "problems".

So I'd say for as many bad experiences, there are good ones. Sorry yours had to be the crappy one. You win some, you lose some.
    02-09-10 11:32 PM
    there was no brow-beating.
    When you threaten to take your $300 a month bill and cancel your service and run to another carrier UNLESS you get your way, that is indeed browbeating.

You didn't get your way so you stamped your feet, pouted and stormed away.

Browbeating pretty plain and simple.

This thread has run its course. Pretty simple deal ... you browbeat your carrier and told them unless they played ball your way, you were gonna punish them over $30. Think that about says it all. Been over this multiple times now. Getting pretty old.
    02-11-10 04:25 AM
    When you threaten to take your $300 a month bill and cancel your service and run to another carrier UNLESS you get your way, that is indeed browbeating.

You didn't get your way so you stamped your feet, pouted and stormed away.

Browbeating pretty plain and simple.

This thread has run its course. Pretty simple deal ... you browbeat your carrier and told them unless they played ball your way, you were gonna punish them over $30. Think that about says it all. Been over this multiple times now. Getting pretty old.
    He exercised his right as a consumer and let his wallet speak for him due to a shoddily made product. Consumers standing up for their right to a decent and reliable product is not pouting or storming away.

The gentleman wrote that it was a matter of principle. Do you not understand that concept?
    02-11-10 11:38 AM
    He exercised his right as a consumer and let his wallet speak for him due to a shoddily made product. Consumers standing up for their right to a decent and reliable product is not pouting or storming away.

The gentleman wrote that it was a matter of principle. Do you not understand that concept?
    The carrier looked at the device and said that it was user damage. Are you more interested in cheap debating points or seriously following the thread?
    02-11-10 04:07 PM
    My family's service is through AT&T. I pay for 4 lines with a monthly bill at about $280 per month. We got my daughter an LG VU in August. the last few days, the phone will not charge. We bought another charger, still wont take a charge. Today, I drove 20 miles round trip to the ATT store. The guy verifies that a wall charger will not charge it, but a car charger will.
    Question.... do both wall charger and the car chargers, plug into the same port on the phone? I know in the case of a few Nokia phones I have had, they did in fact have two different charging ports. But normally the wall charging port is/was more protected than the one that the car charger uses. (at least in Nokia's older phones)
    02-11-10 05:23 PM
    After reading this drama ... $300, $30, I have no money worries, my 13yo daughter has had 4 cell phones ... all I have to say is poor Verizon.
    Couldn't agree more. Poor Verizon.
    02-11-10 10:05 PM
    Berryite... you are ignorant. That is about the only way to explain you (without getting banned).

Fact is.. the STORE rep physically looked at it and said it was NOT our fault and SHOULD be warranty replaced. It was the rep in another country on the phone that refused to do it. And it was only 30 mins into the conversation that I stated I would leave if the situation wasn't rectified. My only options were... leave my daughter without a cell phone, purchase a new cell phone off contract for FULL retail price, or leave them for a better carrier.

Get a clue, would ya?
    02-12-10 11:00 AM
    Berryite... you are ignorant.
    LOL. We'll see.

Fact is.. the STORE rep physically looked at it and said it was NOT our fault and SHOULD be warranty replaced.
    Really? Interesting. Problem for you is this new claim doesn't jive with your original claim which was ...

He says they wont warranty replace it because the problem with the port is "physical damange"
    Someone (vis a vis your daughter) caused physical damage on the phone. Your own words. So before you call others "ignorant" try getting your own story straight.

And again I agree with BerryGroupie, poor Verizon.
    02-12-10 12:17 PM
    From my ORIGINAL post:

Today, I drove 20 miles round trip to the ATT store. The guy verifies that a wall charger will not charge it, but a car charger will. He says they dont carry them there, but call in and they will do a warranty exchange. He notes that there appears to be a prong in the charging port that appears bent or missing.

So... I call ATT... spend 20 minutes answering their questions. Result? He says they wont warranty replace it because the problem with the port is "physical damange".
    Care you re-state your position? My very first post stated that the ATT rep AS THE STORE physically looked at it and told me that they WILL do a warrant replacement. He said that it should not have done this and it did not appear to be abused in any way. It was the call-in overseas that said they wouldn't do it.
    02-12-10 12:45 PM

Either way... problem is solved. Spent abouth $350 at VZ tonight for 2 new phones. ATT will not get any more money from me that is needed to finish the contracts.

After reading this drama ... $300, $30, I have no money worries, my 13yo daughter has had 4 cell phones ... all I have to say is poor Verizon.

Couldn't agree more. Poor Verizon.
    I NEVER feel sorry for Verizon, but maybe after reading this, I will.

How is spending $350 at Verizon instead of buying his daughter another $30
    phone a good solution?
    02-12-10 01:42 PM
    How is spending $350 at Verizon instead of buying his daughter another $30
    phone a good solution?
    The phone that they wouldn't warranty replace was $30 with a 2 year contract extension. To buy my daughter a new phone would cost me a lot more because I would be paying full retail (non contract pricing). Ever look at the full retail pricing? Outrageous.
    02-12-10 02:21 PM
    The phone that they wouldn't warranty replace was $30 with a 2 year contract extension. To buy my daughter a new phone would cost me a lot more because I would be paying full retail (non contract pricing). Ever look at the full retail pricing? Outrageous.
    Oh... can't you activate a pay as you go phone on AT&T for your daughter?

AT&T Prepaid Phone

I gave a similar prepaid phone to my niece that I bought for $14.99 on T-Mobile.
    It might not be the same as what she had, but it was better than her not getting
    a replacement.
    Last edited by TequilaAddict; 02-12-10 at 02:45 PM.
    02-12-10 02:34 PM
    $350 is a lot for 2 phones... doesn't Verizon still do the BOGO free?
    02-12-10 02:48 PM
    Charging ports do not break themselves, especially when the pins are bent up from shoving the plug into the socket. Just because the rep initially mis spoke about the warranty exchange doesnt mean AT&T will change it's policy on how warranties are handled. Period. Your daughter broke the charger port, end of story. That's not covered. Now, the second point id like to make is your threat of leaving. WE DO NOT CARE! You're not going to intimidate AT&T, a rep, or anyone else by saying your going to take your service elsewhere. WE DO NOT CARE! AT&T does not make $300 a month on you. Not even close.
    02-12-10 03:10 PM
    If I got her a pay-as-you-go phone... it would not be a part of the family plan... so I would then be paying on 5 plans.
    02-12-10 03:10 PM
    Charging ports do not break themselves, especially when the pins are bent up from shoving the plug into the socket. Just because the rep initially mis spoke about the warranty exchange doesnt mean AT&T will change it's policy on how warranties are handled. Period. Your daughter broke the charger port, end of story. That's not covered. Now, the second point id like to make is your threat of leaving. WE DO NOT CARE! You're not going to intimidate AT&T, a rep, or anyone else by saying your going to take your service elsewhere. WE DO NOT CARE! AT&T does not make $300 a month on you. Not even close.
    No worries. It wasn't a threat. It was a promise. AND, it is done! Do I really think I was "intimidating" anyone? HA! no. BUT... enough people hear about the crappy service they have, their lack of commitment and customer service... THAT will affect the company.

And I assume by your comments above that you work for ATT? Wow... be proud of yourself. Work for a company that doesn't back up the product it sells. Something to really write home about! Great job!

Tell me... if you DO work for ATT... what would your management, execs, etc think of the comments you posted above? I work for a telcom company. A rather large one that does not sell wireless. I can tell you... that attitude is exactly what will sink the company.
    02-12-10 03:17 PM
    If I got her a pay-as-you-go phone... it would not be a part of the family plan... so I would then be paying on 5 plans.

I bought the pay as you go phone but it was activated in the store on my brother's
    account like any phone that you pay full price for. Actually, I first went into the
    T-Mobile store, but the rep told me I could get a cheap phone from WalMart,
    and bring it in to be activated there.

I believe if you buy a phone from Ebay or Amazon, or WalMart, etc, as long as it
    has a SIM card, AT&T can activate it... the same way T-Mobile did.
    02-12-10 03:48 PM
    Teq, Good info! I did not know that. Appreciate your helpful responses!
    02-12-10 04:27 PM
    Work for a company that doesn't back up the product it sells. Something to really write home about! Great job!
    AT&T doesn't provide the warranty on the phone. So I wouldn't expect them to "back up" the product. AT&T is just simply the middleman between you and the manufacturer.
    02-13-10 12:49 PM
    AT&T doesn't provide the warranty on the phone. So I wouldn't expect them to "back up" the product. AT&T is just simply the middleman between you and the manufacturer.
    Exactly. Tell your daughter to be a little bit more careful with the next phone. Oh, and I recommend insurance.
    02-13-10 02:06 PM
    I've called the Warranty Dept. several times for my BJII and Moto Q9h, and all the reps sounded like they were from the U.S. I see smoke and it being blown into a dark smelly place.
    02-13-10 05:20 PM
    I see smoke and it being blown into a dark smelly place.
    LOL. I'd agree with you my friend.
    02-14-10 01:37 AM
90 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD