I currently have T-Mobile and might be switching so I can get a Storm. TMo offers a 10% discount off my monthly bill and was just wondering if Verizon does the same?
    11-06-08 08:47 PM
    Sure do! What state are you in?
    11-06-08 08:48 PM
    I'm in NY. 19% off the base rate plan, 20% off my data plan, & 25% off accessories. Just walk into a VZW corporate store w/ your ID and they can set it up for you.
    11-06-08 08:55 PM
    I'm in Illinois

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-08 09:12 PM
    In Delaware we get 15% off calling plan, 12% off data plan, and 25% off accessories.
    11-07-08 03:06 AM
    In nj its 15% off the bill and some off accessories I think maybe 20%. I just had to fax a form over and a copy of my ff and dispatch I'd and I got it.

11-07-08 03:41 AM
    I'm a sales rep in Illinois! And you will get 15% off bill just take in proof of employment and it can be added in the store now.

11-07-08 03:46 AM
    Here in NY they used to give it to firefighters, but I heard now you have to be a paid firefighter. I was in the store a couple weeks ago, and they wouldn't give it to a customer because they said they don't give it to volunteers anymore. But then again, that might have only been a misinformed rep. My cousin has the 19% discount for being a volunteer firefighter, but he's had that on his account for five years or so.

You best bet would be to stop into a store and ask.
    11-07-08 11:34 AM
    what about nyc medics?
    11-07-08 11:38 AM
    what about nyc medics?
    I'd take them a pay stub and see. I work for several EMS providers, and I believe all have a discount deal with Verizon. I picked the job that had the best discount to use as my corporate discount. 17% off monthly bill, 20% off features, 25% off accessories. I'd give it a shot!

11-07-08 11:55 AM
    I'm a sales rep in Illinois! And you will get 15% off bill just take in proof of employment and it can be added in the store now.

What do I need for proof? check stub, work ID?

Do I also get a discount on the purchase of the phone?

Also, do you know when the Storms will be in the stores so that I can see one in person? Isn't the release date somewhere around the middle of this month?

Thanks.
    Last edited by CFD323; 11-07-08 at 04:08 PM.
    11-07-08 03:11 PM
    We just had to make a list and submit it to them. We get 25% off bill and 25% off other stuff..
    11-07-08 03:53 PM
    This seems to be one of those iffy subjects. If I go to the Verizon site and punch in my work email address, it says I qualify for it. When My wife and I went from Sprint to Verizon, they couldn't find that info in the computer system, and said specifically that firefighters in general are not covered. Your actual department affiliation must be listed in the system. So, I just used my wife's discount instead. I really wish they would clear things up about this. When I was at Sprint, that was one thing that was a piece of cake. Show your ID, get the discount, and they sent you to government customer care whenever you had a problem. There seems to be a lot of unknowns with Verizon. The rep in store told me my BB plan qualified for a discount. Yeah, Verizon removed that after 2 months, and I got the rep on the phone I spoke with to admit that the rep in the store lied to me. The service is great, but I am putting the Customer Service into the questionable category.
    11-08-08 05:47 AM
    I'm a POC in Illinois. I went into the store, asked them about it, and just showed them my department id card. They did it that day at the store.
    Last edited by ff_emtd; 11-08-08 at 06:14 AM.
    11-08-08 06:01 AM
    They also cut me a 25% break on a phone when I went in to add a second line so I could get one of those ruggedized phones. I told them why I wanted the ruggedized phone and, without me even asking, the rep went and talked to the manager and they gave me the discount. They even switched my cell number to the new ruggedized phone and put the new number on the BB for me.
    Last edited by ff_emtd; 11-08-08 at 08:01 AM.
    11-08-08 06:40 AM
    prolly be 15 % , just take ur id to your local store
    11-08-08 09:54 AM
    Two questions, what about police in Colorado?

Finally when I was with Sprint they gave a discount on each line item, ie main line, each add'l line, each data package, each text package. Will VZ do this?
    11-10-08 09:30 PM
    With VZW, the discount will go to the primary line on the account. So the employee that qualifies needs to have primary line on the account.
    11-10-08 09:33 PM
    how about TN?
    11-22-08 05:09 PM
    Why not give everyone a discount? Why do firemen deserve one when the general public does not ? I think thats just wrong.
    11-22-08 05:28 PM
    WOW thats real nice, typical citizen, lets neglect the firefighters and police officers until we need them.....

Just so your informed, VZW offers corporate discounts as well. So not only do Firefighters and Police officers get discounts, certain Corporations get them as well.... try to become more informed of things before you make uneducated comments.
    11-22-08 07:38 PM
    Why not give everyone a discount? Why do firemen deserve one when the general public does not ? I think thats just wrong.
    Try this on for size munchkin. Put on 80lbs+ of firefighting gear, crawl on your hands and knees until they blister in 1800 degree heat while you attempt to save someone whom you've never met. Then I'll tell you why the general public should do us the courtesy of giving us a few bucks off of our cell bill. And just so you can sleep well tonight, we also pull *** holes out of fires.
    Last edited by FAW911; 11-22-08 at 08:09 PM.
    11-22-08 08:04 PM
    WOW thats real nice, typical citizen, lets neglect the firefighters and police officers until we need them.....

Just so your informed, VZW offers corporate discounts as well. So not only do Firefighters and Police officers get discounts, certain Corporations get them as well.... try to become more informed of things before you make uneducated comments.
    Uneducated comments huh. You know where you can stick it bud.
    Police officers and firemen should get a discount because they are better than a "typical citizen"?
    What about about the truck driver that brings food to the grocery store every day so you can eat, or the electrical linemen that keep the power lines maintained so your house has electricity? ect ect.
    Mr. Know It All, its very likely I have as much if not more education than you. Grow up with the childish comments,
    11-22-08 08:26 PM
    Try this on for size munchkin. Put on 80lbs+ of firefighting gear, crawl on your hands and knees until they blister in 1800 degree heat while you attempt to save someone whom you've never met. Then I'll tell you why the general public should do us the courtesy of giving us a few bucks off of our cell bill. And just so you can sleep well tonight, we also pull *** holes out of fires.
    Munchkin, wow. Spoken like a true adult.
    You chose to be a fireman and thats great, but I dont believe that is any reason for you to get discounted service.
    11-22-08 08:31 PM
    Munchkin, wow. Spoken like a true adult.
    You chose to be a fireman and thats great, but I dont believe that is any reason for you to get discounted service.
    Spoken like a true *** hole.
    11-22-08 08:47 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD