Hey so I got my verizon statement via text msg that said I have used 50 text messages. I did a little bbming last night. First time I have ever used it and behold when I checked today it said my sent total was 78! I thought bbm used the data plan?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-10 05:18 PM
    BBM does use the data plan. However, are you using the feature in OS 5.0 and newest BBM that allows you to add contacts to BBM so you can text them from within BBM? Because if you're sending a message to their phone number via BBM, it's a text message. If it is sending your message using their pin, it is using data.

04-12-10 05:36 PM
    Ah. Gotccha I did chat with a friend who I imported from AIM into bbm. She was on her computer though and I don't remember if Aim charges messages as texts or not

04-12-10 05:54 PM
    Ah. Gotccha I did chat with a friend who I imported from AIM into bbm. She was on her computer though and I don't remember if Aim charges messages as texts or not

If you want to chat with someone on AIM, use the RIM AIM app in your IM directory on your berry that is also data.
    04-12-10 09:49 PM
    if you use txting out of the country you get charged. does that apply for bbm?
    04-12-10 09:59 PM
    Nope, BBM is data, and you can go as far away as you want. I BBM with a fellow Mod from the UK on a regular basis, plus I have several BBM friends from Europe.
    04-12-10 10:05 PM
    Yea but I get charged for data while roaming. On a global phone

04-12-10 10:08 PM
    It might be a Global Phone, but do you have a Global SERVICE PLAN?
    04-12-10 10:16 PM
    Oh good call...I don't think I do. Son of a *****

04-12-10 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD