Does the unlocking do more then just allow your phone to accept SIM's from other network? Does it also unlock other features of the phone? For example the Bold comes with sample images and video which are not deletable. Would unlocking the device allow to gain access to those media or is this kind of thing hardcoded in the SIM itself?
    08-25-08 12:28 PM
    the media is probably hardcoded into the os not the sim but unlocking just allows you to use another carriers sim in it
    08-25-08 12:34 PM
    my bold unlocked and you cant delete the samples
    08-26-08 01:09 AM
    not sure if the same applies to the Bold or Blackberries in general but with my previous Motorolas and Samsungs, I found programs that enabled me to delete all that junk that some phones come with, mainly to free up space.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-08 01:51 PM
    I don't yet have a Bold but I am sure that the OS will be sufficiently similar to Curve OSs to make it possible to remove any .cod file you wish.

The problem is that some of these are actually needed by the OS - that is why you cannot delete them by 'normal' means. It is possible to remove a file from a BlackBerry and have it stop dead that instant. I know, I have done this several times whilst looking for memory.

Once we have a deeper knowledge of the Bold OS and I personally have my hands on one, I shall update my program CrackMem (it's free) to acccomodate the new phone.
    08-26-08 02:01 PM
    my bold unlocked and you cant delete the samples
    i believe you need to wipe the handheld to get rid of them.
    08-26-08 03:28 PM
    i believe you need to wipe the handheld to get rid of them.
    The easiest way to get rid of them is to reload the OS, during the OS installation, you can use Advanced options and simply unselect sample media.
    08-26-08 09:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD