Mine doesn't. Neither does it work in POYNT. I haven't tried other GPS applications yet, but it works well with BB Map. I suspect that Bell locked GPS to 3rd party software.

However, I read this in another thread.

I have discussed the issue of GPS on the 9630 Tour with a Data Solutions Consultant at Bell Mobility. He checked in to it and informed me that Bell Mobility is not blocking 3rd party applications from accessing the GPS functions on this device,

I have also received a response from POYNT, stating that the comments I received from Bell Mobility are correct. They have told me that they have developed a patch that will be released shortly.
    08-13-09 11:06 PM
    same here my gps doesn't work with 3rd parth app
    08-14-09 12:35 PM
    Well actually Nav4All works with the GPS chipset, so I think Bell did not disable it from 3rd parties.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 01:29 PM
    I can't comment on the 9630 specifically but for using the GPS on Bell in general I'll paste my reply from this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/f74/doe...1/#post3429628

"At one point there were rumors/discussion that Bell was going to block all 3rd party GPS access but in the end either the rumors were all just false or they decided not to go ahead with it. Here's a reeeaaaally long thread about it HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - Bell Will Be El Mess-o With the Free GPS-o

Be careful with what the customer service reps tell you they usually get it wrong. Some will tell you, you can only get GPS access if you pay for the Bell GPS NAV at $10/month, some will straight up say no problem it's free to use GPS with google/BB maps, and some will first tell you it's not free then if you push them on it they will admit it's only the GPS NAV program that you pay for while the other stuff is free. I just got my BB from Bell a few weeks ago and spent a lot of really frustrating time dealing with the clueless reps both in Bell stores and on the phone."
    08-25-09 02:33 PM
    My Tour with google maps will not work with the GPS
    I called Bell Tech support and he suggested that the Tour was new and perhaps it was Google maps causing the issue
    I dunno..........
    09-01-09 10:39 PM
    For Poynt, you will have to reinstall the latest version. Thier was a problem of it access GPS on Tour's that has now been resolved. It now works like a charm.

I've actually uninstalled Google Maps and I'm going to run with Poynt and BB Maps for a while.

Also, I never had a problem with using Google Maps with my GPS before.
    09-17-09 01:57 PM
    I have a Tour from Bell and just installed amAze gps software this weekend. It's free and has voice direction and works great. It finds some addresses my stand-alone Garmin unit can't find.
    09-22-09 06:02 PM
    Bell doesn't block gps from other blackberries but for some reason with the tour a third party gps doesn't work not to sure why

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-09 11:29 PM
    Every GPS app that I have tried to use on the tour (there were a bunch of them, including Poynt, Amaze, google maps, etc.) works except for google maps. This is a pain in the rear because now google has traffic data on gmaps for highways in the GTA, but still no GPS lock
    10-08-09 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD