Your cricket market is an exception.

Cricket sells blackberries. And, flashed blackberries usually don't work on BBM or PIN messages, but that might be changing.

Blackberries made for Cricket have FULL functions. And the phone itself works much better than apple and android.

Ironically, my old blackberry works much better as a phone - sound quality and not dropping - much better than my friends new apple, and my other family members who have brand new HTC phones.

And, if I criticize Cricket or another affordable carrier like Virgin Mobile or Boost, it is that they don't carry the latest Blackberries.

But even my old 8530 blackberry stands tall against an I-phone of the same era.

And it runs circles around android phone of the same era.

So, if you live in a regular market, you can get an OEM Blackberry for Cricket and you get the full privacy features and functionality of Blackberry.

This could be critical if your business the privacy and trust that apple and android are missing.
    02-16-13 11:24 AM
    Cricket sells Blackberries, and they have the full privacy and functionality of BBM and PIN messages. And, even the older ones work better with business enterprise software.

Flashed Cricket phones have the regular SMS, MMS, and email like the apple or android. And if you simply like the blackberry for the solid keyboard instead of a touch screen it will still work that way. And, in the near future, even flashed phones may have permission to work with the license agreement.

But flashed cricket phones don't have those extra features that make Blackberry so much better and private than apple and android.

Also, even older Blackberry phones work better - as phones - than the newest apple and android. I know people who lose calls, have long delays, and can't use their phones as phones because the newest apples and HTC droid phones simply do not work as well.

I suspect it is the simpler operating system. Each time apple and android "update" it gets slower to start, delay audio, and drop calls more. This is because they don't actually fix their operating systems like Blackberry does, they patch them and it makes the OS more complicated and slower.

When I get my hands on the newest blackberries, with touch screens and all, I can't wait to find out if they perform better or not. So far, I think there is something about touch screens that interfere with the phone calls. Either it just interferes with the signal, or the operating system - even on the faster processors - is just to slow to cope with the touch screen and the actual function of the phone.
    02-16-13 11:39 AM
    You were just complaining about misinformation...

but some blackberries are quad band and will work just about anywhere in the world on any network.

however, so far, flashed phones do not work with BBM or PIN messages because of the license agreements. That might be changing soon.
    02-16-13 11:42 AM
    My BlackBerry z10,it was connected on bbm with wi-fi 4g.. but know I can't cuz the last version for STL1_001 not able to connect andt it's come slowly

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 08:04 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD