I think this may have been asked before in another thread ... but my question is ...Does anyone know if BBM will work on the Cricket wireless network?
    12-10-09 10:33 AM
    If you have a BB it should work regardless of what network you're on.

Data charges may apply but I'm not sure...
    12-10-09 10:52 AM
    I'm not too familiar with cricket. Do they provide bb data plans? If they do, it should work. If its a general data plan then it will not work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-09 10:52 AM
    I'm not too familiar with cricket. Do they provide bb data plans? If they do, it should work. If its a general data plan then it will not work.

Nope they don't even sell BB's , you have to use an unlocked BB on their network.
    12-10-09 11:02 AM
    thanks for the responses this was a just a question for a friend of mine who wasn't sure and he had asked me and I had no clue.
    12-10-09 11:03 AM
    Best bet would be to ask cricket directly. They would be able to tell you whether or not they offer BB data plans.

12-10-09 12:02 PM
    if cricket doesn't sell BBs I presume they don't have a BIS either, so it is sort of meaningless to use BB on their network.
    12-10-09 12:37 PM
    if cricket doesn't sell BBs I presume they don't have a BIS either, so it is sort of meaningless to use BB on their network.
    You right I agree
    12-10-09 12:58 PM
    I have no idea how to navigate this site. I ask questions on the forum, but that's irrelevant, because when I go back, I can never find the question I asked, so I never find the answer. I won't be able to find this question either... so I'm a little lost. Can someone contact me to make sure I can get answers to my questions? Perhaps send me a private message or something? All I really need to know is how to find the questions I ask in the forums when they keep moving around.
    12-10-09 03:34 PM
    I have no idea how to navigate this site. I ask questions on the forum, but that's irrelevant, because when I go back, I can never find the question I asked, so I never find the answer. I won't be able to find this question either... so I'm a little lost. Can someone contact me to make sure I can get answers to my questions? Perhaps send me a private message or something? All I really need to know is how to find the questions I ask in the forums when they keep moving around.
    Go to the user control panel. You'll be able to find all the threads you have posted in. Good luck.

12-10-09 03:46 PM
    I edited the title and will now move this to Other North American Carriers.
    12-10-09 08:45 PM
    Cricket is CDMA. I think right now, they don't allow phones to be flashed to their network. So no, BB's won't work at all on Cricket. they even have this posted on their website.

Last edited by fabuloso; 12-10-09 at 09:59 PM.
    12-10-09 09:54 PM
    Cricket is CDMA. I think right now, they don't allow phones to be flashed to their network. So no, BB's won't work at all on Cricket. they even have this posted on their website.

Yes cricket is CDMA, and any CDMA phone can be flashed to their network, you have to be Tech saavy though and use a program such as QPST and download the cricket software as far as BlackBerry you will be able to use phone and Text but no email or web because cricket has no BIS plain

12-12-09 09:18 PM
    Wow lots of misinformation in this thread.

First- you can use BlackBerrys on Cricket in SOME markets. You will NOT be able to use a BlackBerry in an AWS market where Cricket uses the 2000mhz spectrum- simply because the BlackBerry doesn't have that band.

Here is a partial list of AWS markets.

Chicago, IL
    Beaumont, TX
    Brownsville, TX
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Laredo, TX
    Las Vegas, NV
    McAllen, TX
    Oklahoma City, OK
    St. Louis, MO.
    Philadelphia, PA
    Milwaukee, WI

Second- the phone doesn't have to be "Unlocked". It needs to be "Flashed".

Third- talk, text, MMS, and internet ARE possible.

Fourth- BlackBerry Internet Services such as BBM and PIN messaging will NOT work. Reason is, you need a BIS account- which Cricket does not provide.

Hope this helps. I'm sure it's been covered several times already though.
    Last edited by 312; 12-23-09 at 06:23 PM.
    12-19-09 03:22 AM
    What if you have premium expanded coverage with cricket? And they're in phila and Chicago? You mean you still can't use your BB there?? That doesn't make sense to me, please explain. I have a fully flashed BB8130 and I get everything. Web, text,email and SMS. With absolutely no problems what so ever!

12-21-09 11:29 AM
    Which part doesn't make sense?
    12-21-09 01:14 PM
    I think this may have been asked before in another thread ... but my question is ...Does anyone know if BBM will work on the Cricket wireless network?
    Yes BB do work but not the BB features. Just voice, sms, mms, and regular internet. It has to be a Sprint BB though.
    12-27-09 04:14 PM
    What if you have premium expanded coverage with cricket? And they're in phila and Chicago? You mean you still can't use your BB there?? That doesn't make sense to me, please explain. I have a fully flashed BB8130 and I get everything. Web, text,email and SMS. With absolutely no problems what so ever!

Thanks Fuzzy, but could you please clarify: does push e-mail work with your blackberry on the Cricket network? If you have to use a third party app to get it to work, could you please tell us what it is? Many thanks!
    01-06-10 05:03 PM
    Just a few corrections. Flashed blackberry's do work with Cricket, up until about a year ago I don't think we had WAP or MMS settings, now BlackBerry's are fully flashable and even have a "Cricket Activator" tool for automatically writing MMS and WAP settings after you've written the SPC to zeros and a few other steps. Cricket black berries don't have to be sprints, in fact Verizons are easier to flash the process contains one last step and you don't need a HEX editor or CDMA workshop to read the SPC. As far as I know there is no third party application for pushing E-mail to a Cricket blackberry for the simple fact Cricket black berry's are not RIM server backed.
    01-15-10 09:10 AM
    My wife uses a Verizon 8330 flashed to use Cricket Wireless. The BB Browser works but there is no BB email or Messenger. That is ok. I used the same workarounds that I have been using for the last 9 months with my 8350i on Boost Mobile. It is possible to do. If you don't know how, take your CDMA BB to a Cricket store and they may have someone on staff who can do it for you. It was tough for her to find someone who could do it but she eventually did.
    02-15-10 01:37 AM
    I love the BB Pearl Flip, best phone I ever had. AT&T jocked me around with their billing so I left them and went to Cricket. This after over 6 years as an AT&T customer. I recently purchased a BB Pearl Flip from Ebay, it is a Verizon CDMA and I am going to take it to Cricket and have it full flashed. I suppose I will give up some features, but the wifi should work and I should still be able to access the internet through wifi I think. Any responses and assistance will be much appreciated. Thank you.
    03-28-10 10:38 PM
    If the flash is done correctly, the bb curve 8330 seems to flash fully to cricket. I found the software and instructions via the internet. Just follow them....

Here is the link to the webiste with the instructions and also names and i believe links to the software....

DL and ran as instructed, not only did it speed up the phone a bit (came "fully flashed" at a Cricket Dealer, so yes, Cricket itself does not support blackberry, but again, rock the pc... doors will open) it also got rid of the crap homepage that most flahes rovide... cricket clicks. this will set google.com as your homepage, which is alot faster to load and the search isn't junk. Also, it is now functional for phone, txt, mms, web. NO IT WILL NOT RUN BB ENTERPRISE APPS!!!! (sorry no bbm or bbmail...) There are plenty of apps out there that will perform the same, if not better... Google is your friend. (trust me)

ucanflash(dot)com/RIM-Blackberry-Verizon(dot)html

(this will work with any oe carrier that uses cdma tech and NO SIM CARD to flash it cricket, if it is metro pcs or another ghetto phone company, the site should have links for the instructions and software bundles for those aswell)

The programs you will use are called CDMA (this is a exe file, runs works) demo (works for exactly what is needed here) and Crackutil alongside your bb desktop manager.

This should also alleviate the problem of "dropping" the flash when synched to the computer, which my dealer told me not to do, and doesnt that just eliminate any pride the blackberry has left on cricket wireless?

I am still new to this, but I like to share my knowledgebase, since alot of it has been gained through this very site, thanks all.

TN

tips:

verizon unlock code: 000000
    bb program code: ##000000 send
    legacy mode: settings/advanced settings/servicebooks hold alt and type sbeb
    reconnect to service: #228 (cricket)

*sometimes I have a problem with the "radio antenae" being turned off after I "flash" the phone, this reactivates it with no charge to your cricket acct (of course)
    Last edited by beaujscott; 07-23-10 at 02:16 PM. Reason: spelling, add content
    07-23-10 01:58 PM
    I love the BB Pearl Flip, best phone I ever had. AT&T jocked me around with their billing so I left them and went to Cricket. This after over 6 years as an AT&T customer. I recently purchased a BB Pearl Flip from Ebay, it is a Verizon CDMA and I am going to take it to Cricket and have it full flashed. I suppose I will give up some features, but the wifi should work and I should still be able to access the internet through wifi I think. Any responses and assistance will be much appreciated. Thank you.
    The 8230 does not have Wi-Fi.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    07-23-10 04:14 PM
    An entertaining question. A question that has been asked before by plenty of people, even. I must warn you the question that you have just asked is not simplely settled.

Thanks@!!
    Last edited by gillianreynolds; 05-19-11 at 04:01 AM. Reason: change comment
    05-19-11 03:57 AM
    06-09-11 05:02 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD