I thought it would be the coolest thing but haven't used it too much. Most of the time it's very choppy on my 8330. Do you guys like it?
    09-15-08 12:04 PM
    I use it sometimes, mainly for CNN
    09-15-08 07:04 PM
    No not really, I hardly ever use it. Its not very clear and it freezes. If it worked better I would use it more.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-08 07:30 PM
    I have used it to test it out and see how well it works.

It worked pretty well, very rarely froze.. I could *almost* be convinced that its live if I wasn't holding my BB in my hand.

The same thing for Sprint Radio, it never skipped a beat and kept streaming no problem.

I can only imagine how fast it chews through battery though.....

-Kyle
    09-15-08 11:21 PM
    How do I download the Sprint TV? I am a sprint customer.

No not really, I hardly ever use it. Its not very clear and it freezes. If it worked better I would use it more.

09-16-08 12:25 AM
    I don't use it that much, just mainly to check the news and sports highlights.
    09-16-08 09:44 AM
    How do I download the Sprint TV? I am a sprint customer.

It was preloaded on my 8830...... under the "Entertainment" icon on the home screen.
    09-16-08 01:09 PM
    Quality is not that good on BB due to the screen resolution. Looks a bit better on Treo 700/755p and Centro. Good for killing time. For serious mobile entertainment, download some games.
    09-16-08 01:16 PM
    Not at all. Even thought about deleting it lol but saving it just in case

09-17-08 03:29 PM
    Like everything else with sprint, if you want something good you gotta pay outta the ****. Ex: sprint tv & radio premium channels, anything useful on pocket pro, etc.

09-17-08 03:32 PM
    I've watched a couple episodes of Chelsea Lately with good results. I've actually thought about getting a premium channel or two.

09-17-08 03:34 PM
    I watched it a couple times, sometimes i get no choppy clarity, sometimes i do.. 2 things i dont like is that it drains the battery quick and get warm after a couple of minutes.

Also when the channel says live, it looks like a live broadcast (cause itll say live on the top corner or something) but is it the same broadcast that is on my tv at home? I never really checked cause i keep forgetting..
    Last edited by CrackberryBold; 09-18-08 at 10:46 AM.
    09-18-08 10:39 AM
    I watch mainly Fox news but just upgraded to the Sprint Extra Channels for 10 bucks a month which gives you another 35 channels to choose from. I mostly use it while I travel and if I get board. Works pretty well unless I dip into a 1X area only but that is usually only if I travel well away from suburbia...
    09-18-08 11:15 AM
    I watch mainly Fox news but just upgraded to the Sprint Extra Channels for 10 bucks a month which gives you another 35 channels to choose from. I mostly use it while I travel and if I get board. Works pretty well unless I dip into a 1X area only but that is usually only if I travel well away from suburbia...
    Is paying the 10 bucks extra for the 35 channels worth it? Do you get the ESPN (I think) channel along with the maxim and all those channels? So is it worth it?
    09-18-08 11:31 AM
    Yes you get ESPN dont think you get Maxim, you get the Discovery channel, History Channel, another comedy channel. Yes and no. Depends how much you use it. I work and travel alot so its always nice to have variety.
    09-18-08 05:41 PM
    I like the ESPN channel, gets pretty good stuff. I watched a NASCAR race on it a few weeks ago, streamed pretty well.
    09-19-08 11:42 AM
    My train was extremely late one night on my way home from work. Watched a few episodes of the Daily Show. :-)

09-19-08 11:47 AM
    good quality for me. i dig it
    09-19-08 11:54 AM
    I try too but it gets very choppy and whenever I watch mtv it lags out back to the guide

09-19-08 04:15 PM
    Is there a way to increase bandwith so we can get a more clear picture?

09-19-08 04:17 PM
    When I first got Sprint a few weeks ago, I watched it all the time the first couple days, but now I just do it when I am extreamly bored.
    09-20-08 07:11 AM
    They're advertising NFL live with any data plan! That sounds pretty good.

09-21-08 01:32 PM
    Yea I don't use Sprint Tv that much, video quality is very poor. It also tends to freeze and green out a lot.
    Eventhough its a very cool concept, they should actually invest making it a quality application.

09-21-08 10:51 PM
    Yeah Sprint TV is no sub for Slingbox, but Sling Media has not completed a version for BB, so I will wait. I have Sprint TV and its soo hit or miss that it is not worth trying to make it work. Some people say they are having success, but I can say I have had very limited success on my 8330.
    09-22-08 11:29 AM
    I do use it from time to time when I am bored. But I do not like how it drains down the battery and how sometimes its choppy.
    09-23-08 11:04 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD