About once every other week, I get a text from VZW that tells me to stay tuned to my phone for a special offer, and then I get another text from VZW, and it is always a promo for me to buy music.

I honestly don't know how or why I started getting them, but I just know that I would like them to stop, so if anyone has any advice, that would be great.
    01-30-09 12:50 AM
    There have been a number for spam txts claiming to be from VZW in the past few months. 1 recently spurred a rumored $10 credit if you forward the txt to 10 other users...completely bogus.

I'm not aware of any music promotion going on. Looks like you just may be getting spammed.
    01-30-09 07:18 AM
    I wonder if there is any way to stop this. Any way for VZW to block from a specific sender or something. I hate spam and especially hate spam I have to pay for.
    01-30-09 07:45 AM
    i get them as well, they're from vzw.. have been getting them over the past few years,
    01-30-09 07:54 AM
    i've never gotten anything like that... i would definitely give verizon a call to ask about it... i don't think you can block number though, i asked some time ago and they said all they could do for me was change my number...
    01-30-09 12:56 PM
    If it is from VZW, the messages will usually indicate a way to stop them.

They are also free texts. If you're getting billed for them (even unlimited packages show billable texts), they aren't VZW.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-09 03:34 PM
    log into my verizon, go to txt msging, preferences, txt blocking, block from internet and email.

They will stop.
    01-30-09 03:59 PM
    never heard of anything like that... i wouldn't trust it... and you actually can block numbers on your phone but you have to talk to verizon about it and i think they charge you for it -my friend had it done and thats what she told me
    01-30-09 04:12 PM
    and you actually can block numbers on your phone but you have to talk to verizon about it and i think they charge you for it
    You can block up to 5 numbers and there is no charge for it.

01-31-09 04:53 AM
    Yes VZW can block up to 5 numbers for you at no charge. Although when done from the system, it will only last for 90days. They will do this up to 2 times, at that if you are being bugged that much, then maybe you should be changing your number.
    01-31-09 07:15 AM
    You can go to options > MMS > reject advertisements and reject anonymous and that will put a stop to them. I still get the message to stay tuned, but not the actual mms.

01-31-09 10:05 AM
    Good info as always...thanks.
    01-31-09 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD