ok, so i went into my two local At&t stores and asked them if they were going to have the bold in on tuesday, and they said "maybe", they said that the bold will be released on tuesday but they dont know if they are going to have them in stock untill that night or wed. My question is do I believe them and not bother showing up in the morning (and missing some classes) or do I show up in the morn (becuse I think its weird that a store wouldnt have their product already in stock on release day). What do yall think? Thanks!
    Put it this way I will be at the store at 9am in the morning on Tuesday to get my device. It couldnt hurt you for going to see if they have it and leaving if they dont.
    11-01-08 03:46 PM
    No, it was to upgrade to 4.5. We also signed up for Dish Network and DSL so thought they might be more helpful. But no. Just said to go home and download it from Blackberry.
    AT&T didnt release the 4.5 software yet. Rim does have vodafone or orange on the site if you would like to download those versions.

Here is the link by the way. BlackBerry - BlackBerry Device Software
    Last edited by cutdacheck2003; 11-01-08 at 04:00 PM.
    11-01-08 03:50 PM
    ^ he is right, we have an internal engineering site where wer can download 4.5 but we havent officially released it yet.
    11-01-08 03:54 PM
    I live in Oklahoma City, and I'm 24.. The reason I ask is that I spoke with someone at RadioShack (not necessarily where I plan to get it... I just happened to be there at the time and asked), who indicated that my dad would need to be there to "sign the contract."

So, if I have him call an AT&T store of my choice and let them know I'll be there the next day, that should be enough authorization for me to go there myself and do my upgrade? I'm only concerned because of crackberry users' reports that stores will only be getting 3-10 Bolds. Even if there isn't an iPhone-like rush, it seems like they might still go quickly if there more than a few people in OKC interested in the Bold.
    Keep in mind if you are not an authorized user on the acct, you can call ahead all you want they will tell you NO! Call AT&T monday have your father put you on the acct as an authorized user and you shouldnt have any issues.
    11-01-08 03:55 PM
    AT&T didnt release the 4.5 software yet. Rim does have vodafone or orange on the site if you would like to download those versions.

Please be advise if your doing an OS upgrade its @ your own RISK!!
    11-01-08 03:55 PM
    Keep in mind if you are not an authorized user on the acct, you can call ahead all you want they will tell you NO! Call AT&T monday have your father put you on the acct as an authorized user and you shouldnt have any issues.
    Best suggestion I've received yet!!
    11-01-08 04:04 PM
    More questions!

I live in Northern Virginia(703 area code) but I work in downtown D.C.(202 area code) I spend about 12 or 13 hours of the day at work, except for the weekends which are spent here in Arlington.

So, what would be the disadvantages of getting a D.C. phone number instead of a Norther Virginia number?
    11-01-08 11:07 PM
    More questions!

I live in Northern Virginia(703 area code) but I work in downtown D.C.(202 area code) I spend about 12 or 13 hours of the day at work, except for the weekends which are spent here in Arlington.

So, what would be the disadvantages of getting a D.C. phone number instead of a Norther Virginia number?
    There are no disadvantages to having a D.C. or a Virginia number. What you have to realize is that AT&T has free long distance so you dont have to worry about charges. But if you get a lot of phone calls from people who dont have free long distance you may want to think about them. But that is something you have to figure out with your friends and family. Let me know if you need me to be more specific.
    11-02-08 06:25 AM
    Will the Premier price be better than going to your local ATT? Any chance it will be available on Premier today or MOnday so you can order and have it on Tuesday?
    11-02-08 06:39 AM
    Will the Premier price be better than going to your local ATT? Any chance it will be available on Premier today or MOnday so you can order and have it on Tuesday?
    The premier prices to me are never better but it depends on what your discount may be. It will not be available for order until Tuesday. And by it I will assume we are talking about the love of my life the Bold? LOL
    11-02-08 06:50 AM
    Is there anything else worth talking about! I've been waiting for this a LONG time!
    11-02-08 07:06 AM
    Is there anything else worth talking about! I've been waiting for this a LONG time!
    You know what you're right but some people may like the 8900 better. But I will be in line with you on Tuesday. Save me a spot!!!
    11-02-08 07:16 AM
    You know what you're right but some people may like the 8900 better. But I will be in line with you on Tuesday. Save me a spot!!!
    Is it true with an upgrade the price is $299 after $100 rebate at ATT? Best Buy is selling them for $349 with upgrade.
    11-02-08 09:35 AM
    Is it true with an upgrade the price is $299 after $100 rebate at ATT? Best Buy is selling them for $349 with upgrade.
    I think this price is correct. If we see something diffrent, we will make sure to post it here.
    11-02-08 11:57 AM
    If there's a way, I'd like to know it too. It appears at present you CANNOT use yahoo messenger with AT&T. It states that fact when your attempt fails. Supposedly when AT&T comes out with the 4.5, it'll have that capability.. so I've read.
    Here is the aim content and how to install it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...aim2046alx.zip
    http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...rs-aim2132.zip
    http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...rvicebooks.zip

1. Make a complete backup using DM
    2. go to options, advanced options, service book and delete ALL the service books. There is one that it won't let you delete "provisioning" but that's fine.
    3. Do a restore using my servicebooks.ipd file to your device with DM
    4. go to options, advanced options, Host routing table and register with the network. (this will resend your service books from your carrier to your device)
    5. Use DM to load the new AIM application to your device with application loader. Just browse to the .alx file I provided. I would use the 2.1.32 version since it works.
    6. Once that long process is complete, you should be able to log into AIM without incident.

Also, if you remove the ptt feature, once you reload the device with the AIM client, you will have to remove it again unless you already have it removed from the OS loader files directory.
    Last edited by cutdacheck2003; 11-02-08 at 12:12 PM.
    11-02-08 12:08 PM
    Here is the prices of BOLD!!!

11-02-08 12:20 PM
    Kinda hard to make out, but Thanks
    11-02-08 12:32 PM
    There are no disadvantages to having a D.C. or a Virginia number. What you have to realize is that AT&T has free long distance so you dont have to worry about charges. But if you get a lot of phone calls from people who dont have free long distance you may want to think about them. But that is something you have to figure out with your friends and family. Let me know if you need me to be more specific.
    Thats cool. I was just worried that my phone bill would be higher. My family and friends either live out of state(they already have free long distance) or in D.C. so it wouldn't be a problem. Thanks!
    11-02-08 12:58 PM
    Kinda hard to make out, but Thanks

Your welcome... You an get a better view at the store.
    11-02-08 01:25 PM
    ATTENTION ALL!!!!

We now have a dedicated forum for all your AT&T related questions, concerns, and comments. Please refer to the following link to post all your questions.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f116/
    11-02-08 01:51 PM
1,420 ... 555657
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD