Not sure if this question has been asked..But looked through the ATT site for my bill and all and looked at the upgrade section. Now a few weeks back it said my next upgrade would be on the 27th of Sept and now when I look it says 2 Oct. What gives?
    09-13-08 09:50 PM
    I originally bought the device at Best But for $270. I have sent it back along with 3 other refurbished devices of the same make and model(BB 8310) for the left side convenience key not working. I have finally been offered an early upgrade, but I am going to wait and use it to get the Bold when it finally becomes available. I have spoken with 5 CSR's in the last week trying to get this straightened out, and have finally mader a decision to do the above mentioned. I would like to sincerely thank BOTH of you guys for your concern with my situation. I ALWAYS have liked this site for just that reason, there is always someone willing to help you out with your situation, no matter how difficult it may be. Thanks again!

P.S. I would still like to get an e-mail address to be able to send an e-mail expressing my concerns just in case something may happen in the future, although I SURELY hope that it wont. Thanks again.

Cool bro. Glad you got your upgrade.
    09-13-08 09:52 PM
    I don't know if this was asked but is at&t ever going to get a package where it's just an email service? like tmobile has? lol I've realized that I don't browse the web on my phone a lot but I still want my emails pushed to my device.
    IMO, no. It's possible as we had the express mail option for $10. Highly unlikely will we though.

At this point, I do not know of any plans to do such a thing.
    09-13-08 09:54 PM
    Not sure if this question has been asked..But looked through the ATT site for my bill and all and looked at the upgrade section. Now a few weeks back it said my next upgrade would be on the 27th of Sept and now when I look it says 2 Oct. What gives?
    Any late payments or suspends? Also maybe at&t is hinting at a release date
    09-13-08 09:55 PM
    Hey jayden...

am i hearing correctly the 8320 is being released on 23rd??

I just got a curve today wtf...LOL how long is the exchange policy ?? lol and if this is the case i prob shouldnt send in the rebate if i want to exchange correct?
    09-13-08 09:58 PM
    Hey jayden...

am i hearing correctly the 8320 is being released on 23rd??

I just got a curve today wtf...LOL how long is the exchange policy ?? lol and if this is the case i prob shouldnt send in the rebate if i want to exchange correct?
    8320 is definitely being released, but September 23rd can always change, hopefully it doesn't.

The exchange policy is 30 days.

Rebate, that is all up to you. Lol. Did you purchase it in the store? If so, then definitely do not do the rebate.
    09-13-08 10:01 PM
    Any late payments or suspends? Also maybe at&t is hinting at a release date
    On this months bill I am late. So I take it until it is paid the dates will keep moving?
    09-13-08 10:03 PM
    8320 is definitely being released, but September 23rd can always change, hopefully it doesn't.

The exchange policy is 30 days.

Rebate, that is all up to you. Lol. Did you purchase it in the store? If so, then definitely do not do the rebate.
    sweet, so i have a decent amount of time. I purchased at a corp store. I'm not going to send in the rebate ill hang onto everything. I'm assuming even exchange if the price i saw (or shall we call rumored) is true...199.99 with 100 rebate...if so, one would assume it would be an even exchange with my corp discount...8310 was 199.99-45% and still rebate of $100 LOL...so ummm lets hope i get the same rep to do that even exchange
    09-13-08 10:07 PM
    On this months bill I am late. So I take it until it is paid the dates will keep moving?
    Yes, because before you can upgrade, your balance must be up to date. This means you can have a balance, but it can't be past due.
    09-13-08 10:26 PM
    sweet, so i have a decent amount of time. I purchased at a corp store. I'm not going to send in the rebate ill hang onto everything. I'm assuming even exchange if the price i saw (or shall we call rumored) is true...199.99 with 100 rebate...if so, one would assume it would be an even exchange with my corp discount...8310 was 199.99-45% and still rebate of $100 LOL...so ummm lets hope i get the same rep to do that even exchange
    You definitely should. It will serve her right for saying she didn't know anything about the 8320. hehe.

"I bought this because you said you ain't hear about the 8320 for at&t."

hehe.
    09-13-08 10:28 PM
    Yes, because before you can upgrade, your balance must be up to date. This means you can have a balance, but it can't be past due.
    Gotcha...thank you.
    09-13-08 10:30 PM
    Gotcha...thank you.
    No problem.
    09-13-08 10:32 PM
    Hey I was just wondering, since I have an iPhone 3G, with an unlimited iPhone data plan, if and when I get a BB bold on AT&T, I would cancel my iPhone data plan and replace it with the BB data plan, but will I be able to use the BB data plan with my iPhone 3G if i need to? I know that the visual voicemail feature wouldn't function, but I dont care about that. Internet is really important though. Thanks! TVMAN92
    09-14-08 01:48 PM
    Hey I was just wondering, since I have an iPhone 3G, with an unlimited iPhone data plan, if and when I get a BB bold on AT&T, I would cancel my iPhone data plan and replace it with the BB data plan, but will I be able to use the BB data plan with my iPhone 3G if i need to? I know that the visual voicemail feature wouldn't function, but I dont care about that. Internet is really important though. Thanks! TVMAN92
    You should be able to. If not, then you may have to jailbreak the device. I believe you can though.
    09-14-08 03:36 PM
    are you 100% sure that it will work? Has anyone ever tried this?
    09-14-08 03:53 PM
    I've used the iPhone data plan with a BB, but not the other way around.
    09-14-08 04:01 PM
    And it didnt cost you any extra? What features were you allowed to use? just the browser or other apps too? This is so exciting! haha I'm sorry, but I've been looking for a solution regarding the data plan use for both phones. Either the bb data plan or the iPhone data plan. So is your iPhone unlocked or jailbroken or anything special? Specifics for this issue are vital ahha. Thanks so much, TVMAN92
    09-14-08 04:57 PM
    I have been wondering and searching for about an hour but cant seem to find any clear answers. Hoping to drop it in here and figure it out.

I cant download AIM, did msn, not AIM. Any reason why?

Do messages using the aim and msn software count as data or text?
    09-14-08 07:42 PM
    Hi. I would skim through replies to see if this has already been answered, but I don't have time to go through almost 1,000 posts!

I recently upgraded my service to a Blackberry 8820, on August 18th. At the time, the girl at the counter had insisted that the Bold would be out before September 18th and that I could simply exchange the 8820 for the Bold before the 30-day wireless exchange period was up. (I am unable to go without a Blackberry, due to school/work reasons.)

Well, obviously, that's not going to happen.

I'm not exactly pleased with this 8820. If I return the phone, will I be able to recover my ability to upgrade at the 2-year commitment price and be able to get the Bold when it comes out on the 2nd? I have a spare 8700 I can use until then, but I wanted to make sure before I drove the 55 miles to the AT&T store to return it.

Thanks!
    09-14-08 08:07 PM
    I have a 8310 I bought about 4 months ago. Could I trade my curve for an Iphone or will I have to pay the retail price?
    09-14-08 08:34 PM
    And it didnt cost you any extra? What features were you allowed to use? just the browser or other apps too? This is so exciting! haha I'm sorry, but I've been looking for a solution regarding the data plan use for both phones. Either the bb data plan or the iPhone data plan. So is your iPhone unlocked or jailbroken or anything special? Specifics for this issue are vital ahha. Thanks so much, TVMAN92
    I didn't change any plans, so nothing extra.

I couldn't use BBM or any BB feature. I had to use the medianet browser as the iPhone data plan is really a medianet package w/ visual vm. I was able to use google mail app as well.

I did not jailbreak my iPhone. Remember my plan had the iPhone data plan already, no need to jailbreak.
    09-14-08 09:50 PM
    I have been wondering and searching for about an hour but cant seem to find any clear answers. Hoping to drop it in here and figure it out.

I cant download AIM, did msn, not AIM. Any reason why?

Do messages using the aim and msn software count as data or text?
    I used the search button and yielded the following:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/impo...arriers-70670/

I have CB set to show 40 per page, so the instructions and the service books may be on two different pages (1 and 2)

MSN is data.

AIM with the following link is data as well. AIM (OZ Messenger) going through Medianet uses text.
    09-14-08 09:54 PM
    Hi. I would skim through replies to see if this has already been answered, but I don't have time to go through almost 1,000 posts!

I recently upgraded my service to a Blackberry 8820, on August 18th. At the time, the girl at the counter had insisted that the Bold would be out before September 18th and that I could simply exchange the 8820 for the Bold before the 30-day wireless exchange period was up. (I am unable to go without a Blackberry, due to school/work reasons.)

Well, obviously, that's not going to happen.

I'm not exactly pleased with this 8820. If I return the phone, will I be able to recover my ability to upgrade at the 2-year commitment price and be able to get the Bold when it comes out on the 2nd? I have a spare 8700 I can use until then, but I wanted to make sure before I drove the 55 miles to the AT&T store to return it.

Thanks!

I would first call AT&T customer care (800-331-0500 or 611 from your AT&T wireless) and then inform them of the issue. Tell them you would like to return the device and retain your eligibility. Let them know you are going to return the device to that store and if they can notate, if the phone is returned, you are eligible to upgrade again. Then call the store (look at the receipt) and then choose the prompt for "purchasing new lines of service" as all other prompts will lead you to customer service. Then ask to speak to the manager and inform them that you speak to customer care and tell them the story of the girl who sold you the 8820 informing you to exchange by the 18th. Then let them know you are coming to return it and you will wait for the Bold to come out. Let them know you would like first preference due to what the store rep had informed you. You then drive down there and do your thing. Do it ASAP, don't wait until the 30 days.
    09-14-08 10:00 PM
    I have a 8310 I bought about 4 months ago. Could I trade my curve for an Iphone or will I have to pay the retail price?
    Not retail, but early upgrade price. $399/$499, 8gb/16gb respectively.

You can sell me the Curve though... I lost my berry and in need of one badly (make the difference up )
    09-14-08 10:02 PM
    My bill cycles on the 5th of the month. I have a family plan with 3000 shared minutes and want to drop down to the 2100 minute plan. Would it be better to wait until the 5th to make the change? Will I have to pay any fees or extend the contracts?

Thanks for your help!
    09-15-08 04:33 PM
1,420 ... 3738394041 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD