This is not a issue with At&t but with blackberry's itself. Please do a search under "How to increase Free File Memory".
    Thanks
    Indeed, this happened to me as well when I first received my BB. This can be easily fixed if you follow the instructions per Mari.
    08-14-08 08:41 PM
    Or maybe if BB made a device that didn't have such memory leaks.
    08-14-08 09:47 PM
    When I upgraded to the 4.5 OS, I noticed a GMail IMAP entry in my Calendar -- do you think AT&T is going to implement IMAP calendar syncing?
    You upgraded to 4.5 on the 8310?

The only OS that I have found, at least on the AT&T website, was 4.2

Where can you get a working 4.5 for an AT&T Blackberry 8310?

Thanks
    08-15-08 02:10 AM
    Hi - Not sure if someone asked/answered this already...but if I want to use Yahoo Messenger or Windows Live Messenger on my BB Curve 8310, do I need to have a text messaging plan or pay per use?

I thought I read the article here:

'http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/interesting-article-att-50915/'

That says it's free, even for AIM, but then the rep on the phone when I asked as I was ordering the Curve she told me it'd cost $0.20 per msg to use AIM.
    Which is true?

Thanks!
    Both are actually true if you dont have a text package which would be $5.00 for 200 text and so on you will have to pay the .20 per msg in and out.
    08-15-08 05:15 AM
    I have a family plan with three lines. Two are eligible for upgrade. My BB is on the line which is not eligible. Can I purchase the bold (at discount) on one of those lines, but use it on my line? Where the other lines stay as they are now, other than extending one for two years.

TIA

Mike
    08-15-08 10:23 AM

Go to your Options then Bluetooth. Highlight your BT headset and hit the menu key and go to Options. I don't have a BT setup, but there should be options to allow it to connect all the time w/o prompting. When you enable this option, try to use the Navigation. Also go into the Navigator's settings as well.
    Thanks, Jayden for your suggestions. Unfortunately, those didn't work.

I finally got fed up after looking at every possible option/setup available and did a battery pull. Voila! It works just like it should. I can hear the Navigator prompts through the BT. Don't know why I didn't think of that sooner, except that I'm a newbie.

Just wanted to say "Thanks" to you guys for offering advice and help to those of us who are new to this BB world. I appreciate all you did. I'm learning lots from you pros!
    08-15-08 10:39 AM
    IDK if this has been asked yet, but I can get a discount from both my work and my university, plus my dad (who is on my family plan) can get a discount from his work. Are the work/university discounts different from company to company or are they all in the 8% range?
    08-15-08 12:26 PM
    Just a quick question....I have a BB Curve with at&t and I loaded the at&t mobile backup software on it and all worked well until I upgraded my OS to 4.5.0.55. I uninstalled the prgram and the tried to reinstall it and I recieved a message that said my phone was not compatible.

Is there a fix for this or am I just SOL
    08-15-08 01:04 PM
    I have a family plan with three lines. Two are eligible for upgrade. My BB is on the line which is not eligible. Can I purchase the bold (at discount) on one of those lines, but use it on my line? Where the other lines stay as they are now, other than extending one for two years.

TIA

Mike
    Yes you can. As soon as the Bold comes in the mail or you pick up the device put your sim card in it and call in and change the IMEI and Sim to your line.
    08-15-08 01:39 PM
    IDK if this has been asked yet, but I can get a discount from both my work and my university, plus my dad (who is on my family plan) can get a discount from his work. Are the work/university discounts different from company to company or are they all in the 8% range?
    You can only have one discount at a time on the acct. But if you call in or go to a store they can tell you which one is more, and you can choose.
    08-15-08 01:41 PM
    Just a quick question....I have a BB Curve with at&t and I loaded the at&t mobile backup software on it and all worked well until I upgraded my OS to 4.5.0.55. I uninstalled the prgram and the tried to reinstall it and I recieved a message that said my phone was not compatible.

Is there a fix for this or am I just SOL
    Try a "fix all" battery pull and then try reinstalling the program and see if that works.
    08-15-08 01:43 PM
    Yes you can. As soon as the Bold comes in the mail or you pick up the device put your sim card in it and call in and change the IMEI and Sim to your line.
    Thank you for your help.

Mike
    08-15-08 04:25 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rainy
    So what exatclty am I looking for.I dont see net_rim_oz so is there a specific name I am looking for?

theres
    rim_bb_messaging_app or
    rim_bb_messaging

but i dont see anything else related to messaging.

It shouldn't be that one. If I were home, I'd tell you.

Hey does anyone have the answer for this one yet? Its for mt AT&T phone OZ is the only software at&t told me to use. I need help. On the Modules I dont see oz or yahoo or anything related to this. Help!!
    Last edited by rainy; 08-15-08 at 04:40 PM. Reason: sorry forgot to add the quote!
    08-15-08 04:39 PM
    Ok I know you hear this over and over but does at&t offer it if not I am to scary to try to install it. Please let me know. I will never ask this question again.
    08-15-08 04:44 PM
    Try a "fix all" battery pull and then try reinstalling the program and see if that works.
    Thanks man that worked great. I appreciate the help
    08-15-08 04:48 PM
    Does anybody know when AT&T would release the new 4.5 OS?

I have been waiting for a long time. I just don't understand the hold up since other carriers already released it. It's like watching paint dry.

Is AT&T ever going to release 4.5? I really would like to use my 8GB MicroSD card.
    08-15-08 04:50 PM
    Is there a mobile att site where I can check my bill and usage and stuff like that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-08 05:06 PM
    How do I send a picture from my computer to my BB. Do I send as an email? If so - what is my BB email address. I am ATT

Thanks for answering newbie question.
    08-15-08 06:06 PM
    Does anybody know when AT&T would release the new 4.5 OS?

I have been waiting for a long time. I just don't understand the hold up since other carriers already released it. It's like watching paint dry.

Is AT&T ever going to release 4.5? I really would like to use my 8GB MicroSD card.
    Look at post #54
    08-15-08 06:39 PM
    Is there a mobile att site where I can check my bill and usage and stuff like that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You can use out * services feature. Directly from your mobile phone press *646# then send to check your minutes, *225# to check balance, and *3282# to check data usage. Sorry no mobile site though.
    08-15-08 06:44 PM
    How do I send a picture from my computer to my BB. Do I send as an email? If so - what is my BB email address. I am ATT

Thanks for answering newbie question.
    Please direct your question to the appropriate thread in the forum.

Thanks
    08-15-08 06:47 PM
    So I was thinking of switching to ATT to get a GPS enabled Blackberry. But its interesting that none of ATT Blackberries are on the 3G. But they have a lot of Motorola Flip phones that are. I fail to see the logic behind that... ?
    08-16-08 08:52 AM
    So I was thinking of switching to ATT to get a GPS enabled Blackberry. But its interesting that none of ATT Blackberries are on the 3G. But they have a lot of Motorola Flip phones that are. I fail to see the logic behind that... ?
    I dont like the logic behind it either but ATT doesnt make phones. RIM has to provide a 3g device for AT&T's network. But whats the question?
    08-16-08 08:55 AM
    I dont like the logic behind it either but ATT doesnt make phones. RIM has to provide a 3g device for AT&T's network. But whats the question?
    You answered my question. I was just curious as to why none of ATTs blackberries are on the 3g network.
    08-16-08 08:59 AM
    You answered my question. I was just curious as to why none of ATTs blackberries are on the 3g network.
    I think it's for a couple of reasons... The first being the battery. On UMTS, it's harder to control the battery consumption over CDMA's 3g network (rev A,0)

Another being the 3g to edge to gprs to edge to 3g hand off. When RIM comes out with a product, they like/want it to be as close to perfect as possible. Dropped calls is a big issue with the hand offs and RIM is one of the leaders in rF.

A third being that it's taking longer for the UMTS devices to pass testing. They unlike CDMA 3g, they only worry about either voice or data at any given time. With UMTS you can use data and voice at the same time, so not only do they test for voice or data, they also test for voice and data (Example... Using Maps application while speaking to your friend on the phone about meeting there)
    08-16-08 09:34 AM
1,420 ... 2930313233 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD