You have to call as a test call needs to be made to ensure the device is still working.

This can't be added online.
    08-11-08 11:57 PM
    Alright, I have a BB Curve 8310 for AT&T.

I use the Pay as You Go Service and everything works fine. I use SMS, MMS, Internet, everything. Everything is cool.
    For those of you who have used PayAsYou go you know that EVERYTIME you make/recieve phone calls, make/recieve messages and use the browser, the service sends you an alert saying "The last transaction cost X.XX USD. Your account balance is XX.XX USD." It is an automated alert that AT&T always sends no matter what. I went to the ATT store and call customer service and asked if that can be disabled and the answer is no. Ok thats fine then. But here is what DRIVE ME INSANE!!!! Everytime i get an alert it make a sound..."DAH DING" No matter what i do, no matter what profile I set it to IT ALWAYS MAKE A SOUND!!! I went under advance under profiles and made sure everything is on mute, and it is. But still it make a noise!! UGH! Its very frusterating. I want it to SHUT UP!!! Please help me out! How can i quite this noise!!!!!

Here are some pictures of what the alert looks like.

HELP ME SHUT UP THIS NOISE!
    PLEASE!
    Edit/Delete Message
    08-13-08 03:03 AM
    AT&T... help me on this

So I had to switch my e-mail password (school mandated) and now I don't receive my e-mails on my curve... I've had my curve since last august and I haven't had a problem with receiving e-mail except for one time a few months ago where i got an email that read "you will NOT be receiving your email to your device"... I went onto AT&T support and there was some WEIRD screw up... how can I get it so I receive my e-mails on my phone? thanks!
    08-13-08 06:14 AM
    Alright, I have a BB Curve 8310 for AT&T.

I use the Pay as You Go Service and everything works fine. I use SMS, MMS, Internet, everything. Everything is cool.
    For those of you who have used PayAsYou go you know that EVERYTIME you make/recieve phone calls, make/recieve messages and use the browser, the service sends you an alert saying "The last transaction cost X.XX USD. Your account balance is XX.XX USD." It is an automated alert that AT&T always sends no matter what. I went to the ATT store and call customer service and asked if that can be disabled and the answer is no. Ok thats fine then. But here is what DRIVE ME INSANE!!!! Everytime i get an alert it make a sound..."DAH DING" No matter what i do, no matter what profile I set it to IT ALWAYS MAKE A SOUND!!! I went under advance under profiles and made sure everything is on mute, and it is. But still it make a noise!! UGH! Its very frusterating. I want it to SHUT UP!!! Please help me out! How can i quite this noise!!!!!
    HELP ME SHUT UP THIS NOISE!
    PLEASE!
    Edit/Delete Message
    It is designed to make that noise. Although I have not tried this before you could try removing the IT policy. Im not sure if it is embedded in the phone but take a shot at it and let me know how it turns out.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/remo...lackberry-569/
    08-13-08 06:55 AM
    AT&T... help me on this

So I had to switch my e-mail password (school mandated) and now I don't receive my e-mails on my curve... I've had my curve since last august and I haven't had a problem with receiving e-mail except for one time a few months ago where i got an email that read "you will NOT be receiving your email to your device"... I went onto AT&T support and there was some WEIRD screw up... how can I get it so I receive my e-mails on my phone? thanks!
    Try deleting the email from the device and adding it back with the new password you have.
    08-13-08 06:57 AM
    how do I do that cutdacheck? I went to my email page and I typed in my email address and my password and it is saying there is an issue :/
    08-13-08 08:46 AM
    how do I do that cutdacheck? I went to my email page and I typed in my email address and my password and it is saying there is an issue :/
    Go to BlackBerry Internet Service and delete the email address form there.
    08-13-08 10:16 AM
    Hello! I just got my first BB (Curve) and am loving it to death.

I'm having one problem, though. I have a Motorola H550 Bluetooth that I am using. It works fine with the Voice Dialing, but I can't seem to hear any of the prompts on the earpiece when I'm using the ATT Navigator. I've played with the speakphone and the volume (both on the BB and the earpiece), but it still doesn't come through on the earpiece. I can hear the prompts on the BB speakerphone, but nothing on the earpiece. My version is 4.2.2.170. Any advice? TIA for your help.
    08-13-08 10:19 AM
    I don't think you can hear it on that bluetooth headset. You have to have a wired headset I believe or the speakerphone. Were you ever able to get it through the Bluetooth?
    08-13-08 11:49 AM
    I was able to previously get the prompts through my BT, but I accidentally had a password problem and had to restore my system. Since then I cannot hear the prompts. However, I know that it is paired OK because I can use the BT to do voice dialing and the phone part of it works fine. I get the message on my BB asking me to approve having the BT to connect, and I indicate "Yes". The blue LED flashes on the BB and it appears like it is going to be OK, but when I run Navigator I cannot hear the prompts in the earpiece.
    08-13-08 12:05 PM
    Go to BlackBerry Internet Service and delete the email address form there.
    Thanks so much! That is exactly what I was looking for!
    08-13-08 12:58 PM
    Thanks so much! That is exactly what I was looking for!
    No problem!
    08-13-08 01:21 PM
    Hi, how can I get my 8820 to access XM Radio; do I have to upgrade my OS? Thank you!
    08-13-08 07:39 PM
    Hi, how can I get my 8820 to access XM Radio; do I have to upgrade my OS? Thank you!
    No you do not need to upgrade your OS.
    The XM access and Music ID services require a monthly subscription of $8.99 and $3.99
    08-13-08 08:33 PM
    AT&T MEdia Mall

Go there to get it.
    08-13-08 08:35 PM
    I was able to previously get the prompts through my BT, but I accidentally had a password problem and had to restore my system. Since then I cannot hear the prompts. However, I know that it is paired OK because I can use the BT to do voice dialing and the phone part of it works fine. I get the message on my BB asking me to approve having the BT to connect, and I indicate "Yes". The blue LED flashes on the BB and it appears like it is going to be OK, but when I run Navigator I cannot hear the prompts in the earpiece.

Go to your Options then Bluetooth. Highlight your BT headset and hit the menu key and go to Options. I don't have a BT setup, but there should be options to allow it to connect all the time w/o prompting. When you enable this option, try to use the Navigation. Also go into the Navigator's settings as well.
    08-13-08 09:23 PM
    PLEASE READ: Lately we have been getting questions unrelated to AT&T. If you have questions non AT&T related please direct them to the appropriate thread within the forum. If you need help with doing so please let me know and I will assist you with this process.

Thanks for your cooperation
    08-14-08 08:34 AM
    It still isn't working. i tried what you said but the second part with the rim.yahoo isnt there. Please help.
    08-14-08 12:35 PM
    It still isn't working. i tried what you said but the second part with the rim.yahoo isnt there. Please help.
    I apologize. Cut is currently busy and wanted me to inform you that the module should be for Oz Messenger and not Yahoo. This was meant for a different user with the Yahoo issue.
    08-14-08 12:39 PM
    So what exatclty am I looking for.I dont see net_rim_oz so is there a specific name I am looking for?

theres
    rim_bb_messaging_app or
    rim_bb_messaging

but i dont see anything else related to messaging.
    Last edited by rainy; 08-14-08 at 01:02 PM.
    08-14-08 12:58 PM
    So what exatclty am I looking for.I dont see net_rim_oz so is there a specific name I am looking for?

theres
    rim_bb_messaging_app or
    rim_bb_messaging

but i dont see anything else related to messaging.

It shouldn't be that one. If I were home, I'd tell you.
    08-14-08 01:46 PM
    When you get a chance please let me know. Thanks so much!
    08-14-08 02:00 PM
    Hi - Not sure if someone asked/answered this already...but if I want to use Yahoo Messenger or Windows Live Messenger on my BB Curve 8310, do I need to have a text messaging plan or pay per use?

I thought I read the article here:

'http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/interesting-article-att-50915/'

That says it's free, even for AIM, but then the rep on the phone when I asked as I was ordering the Curve she told me it'd cost $0.20 per msg to use AIM.
    Which is true?

Thanks!
    08-14-08 03:07 PM
    Looking for some help here. My entire call list disappeared. I went to look up a number of someone who just called me and when I tried to look at my prior calls - they were all gone. I made a call to someone hoping to get the number and when I hung up and put the Blackberry back in my holster it showed no record that I made that call. I've reset the thing, still happens. I'd greatly appreciate any help on getting my call log/list back.
    08-14-08 03:43 PM
    Looking for some help here. My entire call list disappeared. I went to look up a number of someone who just called me and when I tried to look at my prior calls - they were all gone. I made a call to someone hoping to get the number and when I hung up and put the Blackberry back in my holster it showed no record that I made that call. I've reset the thing, still happens. I'd greatly appreciate any help on getting my call log/list back.

This is not a issue with At&t but with blackberry's itself. Please do a search under "How to increase Free File Memory".
    Thanks
    08-14-08 05:27 PM
1,420 ... 2829303132 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD