I just wanted to stop in and say kudos on this thread guys. Top notch idea. My wife works for AT&T too, so if I (or she, rather) can be of any help, let me know.

FIND OUT WHEN THE BOLD IS GOING TO BE RELEASED!!!
    07-10-08 05:40 PM
    Well folks lets play 20 questions.. Ok not really but this is only my 2nd post (first was for the contest) and this looked like the thread to start asking question. Wonder that hmm.

First of all I just received this phone as of about 2 hours ago. Yea me. Never had a BB until now and .. this may sound like I've lived under a rock here but no one I know has had one either. It just seemed like an interesting phone so I bought one. Of course it helps that I had no choice but to get a new phone anyway.. long story.

Well where should I start.
    0. Since I just got this phone would it be recommended for me to go to an AT&T retail store and have them set it up for me, or should I just slap my old sim and go with it. Played with it just a little bit, but have not put sim in yet.

1. How about... is it mandatory for the use of GPS to have a data plan.
    2. If so is the BB plans the only ones I'm allowed to get? ergo: No media max for $15.
    3. Is there a dating service for BB users.... J/K
    4. I'll have to get back to this when my brain starts working again.

From what little I've gleaned from this site. The BB is just a phone without a data plan attached to it, and there is no point in getting a BB if your not using data. Would this be a common consensus? Its not a big deal I suppose its just that I'm on a family plan thats paid for solely by me and even with a FAN discount it can be a bit much. To have to add a data plan is not an expense I wish to incur at this time...... can we say GAS!!!
    Well I think I've said enough for now...... hello .... anybody awake...lol Me thinks we're crzy!!!
    07-10-08 11:03 PM
    Well folks lets play 20 questions.. Ok not really but this is only my 2nd post (first was for the contest) and this looked like the thread to start asking question. Wonder that hmm.

First of all I just received this phone as of about 2 hours ago. Yea me. Never had a BB until now and .. this may sound like I've lived under a rock here but no one I know has had one either. It just seemed like an interesting phone so I bought one. Of course it helps that I had no choice but to get a new phone anyway.. long story.

Well where should I start.
    0. Since I just got this phone would it be recommended for me to go to an AT&T retail store and have them set it up for me, or should I just slap my old sim and go with it. Played with it just a little bit, but have not put sim in yet.

1. How about... is it mandatory for the use of GPS to have a data plan.
    2. If so is the BB plans the only ones I'm allowed to get? ergo: No media max for $15.
    3. Is there a dating service for BB users.... J/K
    4. I'll have to get back to this when my brain starts working again.

From what little I've gleaned from this site. The BB is just a phone without a data plan attached to it, and there is no point in getting a BB if your not using data. Would this be a common consensus? Its not a big deal I suppose its just that I'm on a family plan thats paid for solely by me and even with a FAN discount it can be a bit much. To have to add a data plan is not an expense I wish to incur at this time...... can we say GAS!!!
    Well I think I've said enough for now...... hello .... anybody awake...lol Me thinks we're crzy!!!
    Hello and welcome! Now to answers.

0. You can put your SIM card in there and play around with it, yes, but won't have the Blackberry features, with out the $30.00 plan, for data / email.

1. Not mandatory, but HIGHLY required. AT&T charges $0.01/KB and the GPS programs can start loading up a lot of KB (kilobytes), while you're playing with them. If/when you get the Blackberry plan, this will be covered by it.

2. That is correct, at least from an agent / provisioning requirements go. A customer service representative won't be able to add anything, but that package. I've heard it's able to get Media Net $15.00 and download another browser to use the phone, but that's unknown territory to me.

3. Actually, there's a singles thread here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f51/sin...teberry-20676/

4. And OOOKAY!

And to your last comment, yeah... without the package, it's pretty boring. Unfortunately the data package is $30.00/mo and that's with out any prorated charges on your first bill.
    Last edited by Inifekt; 07-10-08 at 11:21 PM.
    07-10-08 11:19 PM
    Inifekt Thank you

0. Cool
    1. CRAP
    2. That sucks
    3. Sweet.
    4. Glad I could throw you a curve. Ha Ha .. I said curve .. I made a funny

I thought I would keep this post short since I said so much last time. Don't want everyone to hate me right away

Also I come bearing gifts ( info ) this time. If everyone is not aware of it yet. Would anyone be of interest in the ability to turn any speaker device made for Ipods and there ilk into bluetooth speakers for there BB This includes FM tuners for car stereos .....$10 on sale? Found it on another site while looking for something else.
    07-10-08 11:48 PM
    I have questions, please be aware, I am blonde, have 4 kids who have sucked out all my brain cells and dont savy tech speak real well. Plus I am from the south, so you better tawk s l o w.

1. I dont have the data plan. cause I live where there aint no bars. NONE. at all. (of course Verizon works here.. )
    2. Hubby does have data (30.00 a month)
    3. I cant make my phone send an MMS message. Used to on my old dumb phone I didnt have to send MMS messages, just a SMS message with a picture attached and it worked just fine. NOw on the BB it just sits there. then puts a big red X, like I am in 3rd grade and cant spell my spellin words. Is there ANYway to send these pics?

4. I can hook the phone up to the puter, through a USB cord, I dont have the program that came w/the BB on the puter anymore, it was crashing me. SO, I just use it as a mass storage device. Can I DL games to it? through the computer? like DL it to the puter and then save it to the card? (I can also take out the SD card and put it in the puter if need be).

5. I cant make my BB sync with DH's BB on bluetooth. They recognize each other, try to send stuff and it fails. what have I screwed up?
    07-11-08 03:00 AM
    Tawk? Was that a New York/New Jersey reference?

Ok the first 2 bullets are not questions so lets start here:

If you dont have internet or data you wont be able to send mms because it uses data to send. So in short there is no way to send those pics.

Next if the cd was crashing on you try using this to https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...273704AC83C727 .But if you're able to put the media card in the pc you have to make sure the game is downloaded in the correct format to play on your BB. But I would suggest just downloading the software and using app loader its super easy.

As far as the bluetooth is concerned go to the media folder enter the category you're receiving the files to hit the menu key and select receive using bluetooth.

Let me know if this helps.
    07-11-08 05:56 AM
    LOL, nope it was a refrence to how I talk I never insult folks I am beggin for help. most times... LOL

Re: MMS and data. I do have the 200 texts or what ever. I was told when I got it that I could send any kind of text, SMS MMS video's, pictures, the whole 9 yards. I wish there was a family data plan

Re:bluetooth, ahhh thats a PITA, but it worked Thanks!! whats the biggest thing you can bluetooth?

Re:software So I wont ever have to use the phone to get on the net to get a game? Just transfer them by USB to my phone from the desktop?--- okay, I am DLing it now, thanks, is it plug and play? It will be at least an ten hours before its done DLing, so I will come back if I still have a Q then. (yes I have dial up, 24.6 cause I cant get service OR DSL, stupid AT&T.... thanks for all your help!
    07-11-08 08:44 AM
    Re: MMS and data. I do have the 200 texts or what ever. I was told when I got it that I could send any kind of text, SMS MMS video's, pictures, the whole 9 yards. I wish there was a family data plan.

When I say DATA im referring to the internet on your device. I apologize for not making that clear. If you have internet and text you should be able to send mms. Check to make sure you have the internet.
    07-11-08 09:08 AM
    LOL, sorry, I think 1/2 my crap is getting lost in translation its the blonde to nonblonde thing.

I can get ON the net, I am capable. but dont cause I dont have the unlimited plan and dont want a 300.00 bill. But I cant send a MMS and cant recive one.
    07-11-08 09:23 AM
    LOL, sorry, I think 1/2 my crap is getting lost in translation its the blonde to nonblonde thing.

I can get ON the net, I am capable. but dont cause I dont have the unlimited plan and dont want a 300.00 bill. But I cant send a MMS and cant recive one.
    In this case I would call AT&T so they can get your settings together.
    07-11-08 10:33 AM
    Just got off the phone with them, one hour and 22 minutes and they will have to look into it

but on the upside, I am 32%DL on the software, and its only been a little over 2 hours!
    07-11-08 10:57 AM
    Just got off the phone with them, one hour and 22 minutes and they will have to look into it

but on the upside, I am 32%DL on the software, and its only been a little over 2 hours!
    That is a shame. What do you mean they will have to look into it? They should have been able to help you with the settings on spot. Try this

https://www.wireless.att.com/support...g+-+Multimedia
    07-11-08 11:00 AM
    We checked some settings, and I did get on the net so that works, turned it off and on, took out the battery, tried texting back and forth, nothing would come or go, I couldnt even get a normal text message. (sms)
    Once I got tech support she was very nice. She is going to call me back this afternoon and see if the texts ever came. (I hope) I will check out the link and see if there is anything we didnt go over. Thank you!
    07-11-08 11:58 AM
    Hey all!!

So it figures i'm sick as a dog and i wasn't up to waiting in line for the jesus phone. I went to att and they told me i could just order it in store and when it comes in i could just pick it up. So i did...i ordered my 16GB white one I ordered Priority shipping(i told him to do the fastest one) but he couldnt tell me of shipping times...

SO anyone have an "opinion" on how long this will take ?? I'm quite impatient and with finals next week i kinda wanna know how long im gonna wait for this thing.
    07-11-08 12:31 PM
    Hey all!!

So it figures i'm sick as a dog and i wasn't up to waiting in line for the jesus phone. I went to att and they told me i could just order it in store and when it comes in i could just pick it up. So i did...i ordered my 16GB white one I ordered Priority shipping(i told him to do the fastest one) but he couldnt tell me of shipping times...

SO anyone have an "opinion" on how long this will take ?? I'm quite impatient and with finals next week i kinda wanna know how long im gonna wait for this thing.
    Maybe 2 weeks! Im not sure when they will get them back in the store.
    07-11-08 12:33 PM
    Maybe 2 weeks! Im not sure when they will get them back in the store.
    UGHHH r u f-in serious??? I asked the dude and he said a few days, and i said what like 2 days 5, day 14 days?? and he was like...few days can't be sure...god damn it, i am not happy...LOL i feel like *** but i should have just camped out last night
    07-11-08 12:40 PM
    I heard 5 days... One of my coworkers just order 2 .
    I hope it comes faster for you!!
    07-11-08 01:01 PM
    I got a piece of paper saying they were restocking tonight, but it's only rumor. Was handed to me while I was on a call haha.

Also, heads up for people trying to go to an Apple Store. If you have a FAN discount and they try to activate it, you'll brick the phone. It's a known issue with AT&T and are looking for away around it. So you'll have to go to a COR store. This was told to me by an Apple Store agent while on a call.

And also, if you remove it, it doesn't resolve the issue.
    07-11-08 03:36 PM
    LoL, it was pure mayhem at my store.
    07-11-08 08:59 PM
    LoL, it was pure mayhem at my store.

Wow you luv your job BabyBoy!! All day @ work sleeping, now on here..
    J/K
    07-11-08 09:03 PM
    <--------------- Has Jesus phone; made me smile a tad bit lol.

For what its worth, it's a huge improvement from the first generation one.

My Curve still hogged my attention as my BBM was going off at like 7 AM -EHEM- MsMari, -EHEM-

07-11-08 09:05 PM
    Whatever BabyBoy!! Your the one sending pics of all those people sitting outside sleeping!! lol.
    07-11-08 09:07 PM
    Wow you luv your job BabyBoy!! All day @ work sleeping, now on here..
    J/K

LoL.... I had been there doing crowd control since 5 am, and I just got off at 9:15 PM.

I had to get a nap in lol, it was imperative.
    07-11-08 09:07 PM
    Lol people were knocked out, some guy was snoring, and the person next to him kept throwing peanuts in at him.

Overall it was a good experience.... We did have one lady cry because she wasn't able to get one, I gave her a hug.
    07-11-08 09:09 PM
    Hi guys, 8100 Pearl owners here, (2 of us). Currently we have just a voice plan on our billing.
    The last several months we've spent more than what a limited data plan would cost us just texting back and forth with our kids, (who are Sprint customers).
    I'd like to be able to get online too if possible with a limited texting plan, say 200 messages per month or so. Is that even possible? The online part is an option if I can do it without too much extra expense.
    When I go to AT&T's website I and my wife just get totally confused with the options available on these BB's. So give me any suggestions you can think of, and thanks for doing this for us all. It's been a big help so far just following this thread.
    07-11-08 09:33 PM
1,420 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD