Also try to delete it and re-add from the BIS website if that doesn't work.
    09-02-08 04:55 PM
    Well do you have to do this everytime to make a call?
    Not everytime.. but 3 times in the last 5 days.
    09-02-08 07:39 PM
    Guys,

I have one more question...I live and work in areas that are all said to be ATT's "best" coverage areas per the maps, however, when you click on the 3G coverage (dark blue) indicator on the website, that level of coverage starts in areas just south. About 15 miles. Other people that I know who have ATT have great coverage from all accounts. We do a lot of our work in the 3 G areas, but home and office, not.

My question is; what kind of data signal for text and internet will I have in the "non-3G coverage areas"?

I am used to the EVDO signal Sprint has where I normally have 2-4 bars out of 5 in this same area. What kind of a difference will this be with the new Bold??

Thank You and Thanks for this very helpful thread, all of you.

tom
    09-02-08 09:48 PM
    Not everytime.. but 3 times in the last 5 days.
    Try calling tech support and have them take you off the network and add you back on. Thats the only thing I can think of. Maybe Jayden or Mari has another suggestion.
    09-03-08 06:46 AM
    Guys,

I have one more question...I live and work in areas that are all said to be ATT's "best" coverage areas per the maps, however, when you click on the 3G coverage (dark blue) indicator on the website, that level of coverage starts in areas just south. About 15 miles. Other people that I know who have ATT have great coverage from all accounts. We do a lot of our work in the 3 G areas, but home and office, not.

My question is; what kind of data signal for text and internet will I have in the "non-3G coverage areas"?

I am used to the EVDO signal Sprint has where I normally have 2-4 bars out of 5 in this same area. What kind of a difference will this be with the new Bold??

Thank You and Thanks for this very helpful thread, all of you.

tom
    Tom if you are not in a 3G area then you more than likely will receive EDGE. But keep in mind depending on where you are you could receive GPRS as well.
    09-03-08 06:49 AM
    is GPRS or EDGE enough for decent data signal? Been with Sprint for awhile and not sure about other providers' signal language.

Thank You
    09-03-08 09:28 AM
    Any ideas how long it takes AT&T to bring their data network back up? Apparently, its down in here in PA as well as NJ,NY. Blackberry.net is working though. Does AT&T have a network status page by any chance?
    09-03-08 10:26 AM
    is GPRS or EDGE enough for decent data signal? Been with Sprint for awhile and not sure about other providers' signal language.

Thank You
    You will definately get signal but GPRS may be just a lil slower than EDGE.
    09-03-08 01:52 PM
    Thanks for all the help. Phone is the main thing, but I have tethered with my laptop in the past and it's a nice thing to have the ability to do.
    09-03-08 01:55 PM
    Any ideas how long it takes AT&T to bring their data network back up? Apparently, its down in here in PA as well as NJ,NY. Blackberry.net is working though. Does AT&T have a network status page by any chance?
    There was an outage with 2 and 3g Iphones but its solved now!
    09-03-08 01:55 PM
    Does anyone know how much of flash memory the AT&T 8320 is going to have? I know the TMO 8320 has 64MB. Right now I have a 8310, but I would like to upgrade(not interested in the BOLD or iphone) and I thought the 8320 would be a great idea. What do you guys think I could do? Thanks
    09-03-08 02:02 PM
    Thanks man that worked great. I appreciate the help
    That worked? But don't you have an 8310? It says it in your avatar. You mentioned that you were updating to 4.5.0.55, that update is for the 8320, and that phone has not dropped yet on the AT&T lineup of BB's yet.
    09-03-08 03:58 PM
    Does anyone know how much of flash memory the AT&T 8320 is going to have? I know the TMO 8320 has 64MB. Right now I have a 8310, but I would like to upgrade(not interested in the BOLD or iphone) and I thought the 8320 would be a great idea. What do you guys think I could do? Thanks

64 or 96. Right now, not too much information on it. I am going to try and find the model I played with and check.
    09-03-08 05:56 PM
    Yes, that is considered tethering. Once you are using AT&T's network to do so, it is. That would be breaking the T&Cs.
    Ah well I kind of figured. Thanks for the reply.

I have to ask though, when I spoke to AT&T about the difference in data pricing between BB and medianet she had no idea. Maybe you can shed some light?

Unlimited medianet is $15 + 40 to tether but BB is 40 + 20. I'm paying $5 less per month with the E71 but I'm amost better off getting a broadband connect device and getting rid of tottering unless I get the Bold.

Any idea why there is such a difference in tethering rates?
    09-03-08 06:17 PM
    I'm not sure if those rates are correct as I am not in the office, but if it is, it is probably due to AT&T not recognizing the e71 as a PDA and charging medianet as though it was a regular phone.

I believe it has to do with the access points for a regular phone vs. a PDA. wap vs isp. Not sure, but that is my guess.
    09-03-08 09:45 PM
    Helloooo
    I Need Help I Want To Unlock My Pearl From At&t
    09-04-08 07:08 AM
    Helloooo
    I Need Help I Want To Unlock My Pearl From At&t

You must call At&t . If you don't have the unlock code.

Sorry!
    Last edited by Msmari; 09-04-08 at 09:13 AM. Reason: added unlock
    09-04-08 09:12 AM
    And if you don't have AT&T service or know someone who does... HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center �
    09-04-08 11:28 AM
    My Dad has an ATT blackberry and I have a verizon. I was wondering why he and I aren't able to receive text messages from each other?
    09-04-08 08:38 PM
    Hey Mary sorry to hear that. You might have to call At&t. It might be setting are there end. It can happen. Its something easy that can be fixed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-08 08:45 PM
    is there a number sequence i can enter to do a tower update on my bb
    09-05-08 08:43 AM
    Any idea on upgrade price for 8320 when it drops @ end of the month?
    09-05-08 09:48 AM
    is there a number sequence i can enter to do a tower update on my bb

Not sure what you are talking about?
    Do you have more information?
    09-05-08 09:54 AM
    Any idea on upgrade price for 8320 when it drops @ end of the month?

Sorry I don't know this information.
    You might want to keep checking Cell Phones and Cell Phone Plans from AT&T, formerly Cingular Wireless
    Jayden or Cut if you know more about this please let me know.
    09-05-08 09:56 AM
    Not sure what you are talking about?
    Do you have more information?
    yea sorry about that. some carriers have *267 or, whatever numbers, to check which one has the strongest signal and whichever one does your phone will connect to that one, or it will update if they have added news towers as well. did that make it clear as mud
    Last edited by addict83; 09-05-08 at 10:02 AM. Reason: spelling
    09-05-08 10:02 AM
1,420 ... 3536373839 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD