Is AT&T putting out a WiFi Curve in 4QT 08? I have heard rumors on other boards about this.
    Thanks.
    08-26-08 09:49 PM
    When is the Bold coming out? Just kidding. I just wanted to thank you guys, even you Mari, for helping everyone out with his/her AT&T questions. Perhaps one day you will be able to help me. I have an iPhone question; however, I feel dirty when I talk about the Jesus phone. Maybe another time. Thanks again.

WHATEVA!!! Master Marty!!!
    08-26-08 10:04 PM
    When is the Bold coming out? Just kidding. I just wanted to thank you guys, even you Mari, for helping everyone out with his/her AT&T questions. Perhaps one day you will be able to help me. I have an iPhone question; however, I feel dirty when I talk about the Jesus phone. Maybe another time. Thanks again.
    I can answer that question... Yes, this phone can cook and clean.
    08-27-08 12:58 AM
    Is AT&T putting out a WiFi Curve in 4QT 08? I have heard rumors on other boards about this.
    Thanks.

The 8320. Not sure on the release though. The device seemed flawless from when I used it. Sexii blue color. I guess they are waiting for the final 4.5 as it had 4.5 installed.
    08-27-08 12:59 AM
    jayden, this will be double post on my part (sorry all) but....

how long should it take after activating my new at&t phone for that number to be dropped by my old carrier (verizon) and become active on at&t. (yes, i ported the number and it is displayed on my new curve as being the number on that device) i activated my phone about an hour ago and if i call my number it still rings on my old phone. data and sms work on the new phone though.....

do i need to do anything more?
    08-27-08 10:54 AM
    jayden, this will be double post on my part (sorry all) but....

how long should it take after activating my new at&t phone for that number to be dropped by my old carrier (verizon) and become active on at&t. (yes, i ported the number and it is displayed on my new curve as being the number on that device) i activated my phone about an hour ago and if i call my number it still rings on my old phone. data and sms work on the new phone though.....

do i need to do anything more?
    You may have to call AT&T and ask them to push the port through. If not you can wait until it becomes active which is usually in 24 hours.
    08-27-08 12:24 PM
    I live here in Canada and am tired of paying the rogers roaming fees when i go over to the states. I am going to get my curve unlocked and was wondering what type of prepaid sim cards I can get from AT&T. How much do they cost, and can i get a prepaid card for both voice and data.
    08-27-08 06:58 PM
    Hi- I recently bought my first BB (8310 w/ AT&T) and was wondering about two things:
    1. What is a the best media player for streaming internet radio (e.g. NPR).

2. How does one go about listening to podcasts on the BB?

Thanks!
    08-27-08 07:19 PM
    ummmmmmm if i want to buy a curve full retail....does my employee discount work on this haha??

I was told when i got the iphone i get discount on phone and accessories but does not include my iphone 3g. So i tried to go under my account to get the price of the curve but it kept telling me to clal premier cust service. Ummm sooo anyone know this?? LOL
    08-27-08 07:23 PM

The 8320. Not sure on the release though. The device seemed flawless from when I used it. Sexii blue color. I guess they are waiting for the final 4.5 as it had 4.5 installed.
    Thank you.
    Catch you later gator.
    J
    08-27-08 09:24 PM
    I live here in Canada and am tired of paying the rogers roaming fees when i go over to the states. I am going to get my curve unlocked and was wondering what type of prepaid sim cards I can get from AT&T. How much do they cost, and can i get a prepaid card for both voice and data.

No BB data on prepaid.
    08-27-08 10:20 PM
    Hi- I recently bought my first BB (8310 w/ AT&T) and was wondering about two things:
    1. What is a the best media player for streaming internet radio (e.g. NPR).

2. How does one go about listening to podcasts on the BB?

Thanks!
    Utilize the BB 83XX forum for assistance on this matter.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/
    08-27-08 10:21 PM
    ummmmmmm if i want to buy a curve full retail....does my employee discount work on this haha??

I was told when i got the iphone i get discount on phone and accessories but does not include my iphone 3g. So i tried to go under my account to get the price of the curve but it kept telling me to clal premier cust service. Ummm sooo anyone know this?? LOL

The discount on devices is for when you are eligible for a 2 yr upgrade. For me on AT&T, I get an upgrade every 12 months and can use my 60%.
    08-27-08 10:22 PM

The discount on devices is for when you are eligible for a 2 yr upgrade. For me on AT&T, I get an upgrade every 12 months and can use my 60%.
    crappers!
    08-27-08 10:46 PM
    Im sure that it is on here somewhere but im an impatient person haha but anyway is there a way to have internet on my phone without having a plan? and for that matter what other cool stuff can i do? help me ive had this phone since march of this year and didnt know that i could do all this cool stuff!!!
    08-27-08 11:02 PM
    crappers!

ewww...
    08-28-08 12:24 AM
    Im sure that it is on here somewhere but im an impatient person haha but anyway is there a way to have internet on my phone without having a plan? and for that matter what other cool stuff can i do? help me ive had this phone since march of this year and didnt know that i could do all this cool stuff!!!
    Then buy the data plan. Other than that, you aren't going to get much cooler

Internet/Data is not free. Get a WiFi capable device and you can "steal" internet.
    08-28-08 12:25 AM
    well ive looked into that...but i cannot find what i need can you help? maybe a link to the right cable or what i would need to "find" the internet...

Thanks again for the help
    08-28-08 09:37 AM
    If you have a WiFi-enabled BlackBerry, you can get on the Net anywhere you have access to a WiFi hotspot. Otherwise you'll have to have a data plan.
    08-28-08 11:29 AM
    If a BB is reported to ATT as stolen, will they prevent the phone from ever being activated again via the IMEI? I also posed the question here in this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/my-...e-few-s-65269/

Thanks
    My first question was answered, but now I have another related one. What happens to all my links and saved passwords when ATT disables a device? I changed all my passwords where I thought necessary, but I may have some more out there. Are they stored on the sim card, device or media card? If the ***** who stole it drops in a new sim card, will all my favorite links still appear when he/she goes through the browser? Does ATT send out a signal to wipe the device of this stuff if it was reported stolen? I'm wondering how paranoid I have to be about this.
    08-29-08 12:52 AM
    well ive looked into that...but i cannot find what i need can you help? maybe a link to the right cable or what i would need to "find" the internet...

Thanks again for the help

I do apologize, but I do not understand the question. If it is AT&T related, respond back. If it's device related, follow any of my links in my signature or BB83XX Forums.
    08-29-08 09:11 AM
    My first question was answered, but now I have another related one. What happens to all my links and saved passwords when ATT disables a device? I changed all my passwords where I thought necessary, but I may have some more out there. Are they stored on the sim card, device or media card? If the ***** who stole it drops in a new sim card, will all my favorite links still appear when he/she goes through the browser? Does ATT send out a signal to wipe the device of this stuff if it was reported stolen? I'm wondering how paranoid I have to be about this.

Call AT&T. I believe we can wipe the device. Do you remember the PIN? Call AT&T and listen for the BB support prompt.

866-Mobility or 800-331-0500
    08-29-08 09:13 AM
    OK so I had an 8700c and my trackwheel busted so I went out and bought a Nokia E71. When I called up AT&T to give them my new IMEI number (just so I could tether) they told me I had to switch from the BB plan to a medianet plan. The media net plan was $15 unlimited plus $40 for tethering which altogether was $5 cheaper than my BB+tethering plan. So far so good.

Once I set everything up I was able to tether but the speeds were not good and the network was not reliable. I don't know if this is a Nokia or AT&T issue. I then learned about JoikuSpot.

JoikuSpot turns my E71 into a wifi access point. I tested it on my iPod Touch and my office computer so far with good results. If it works with my other systems I will no longer need to tether.

I figure I am not breaking any rules if I continue to pay for tethering but is this really tethering? If I were to cancel tethering would my using the phone as a wifi spot be violating my contract with AT&T?

The good news at least is that Apple can't delete JoikuSpot from my phone.
    08-29-08 02:48 PM
    Does AT&T offer VOIP for Wireless accounts? I don't mean a separate service through someone else, but if I get a Bold (currently have an 8700c) can I also use WiFi to use my 'cell phone' account?

I currently pay $25/mo + tax for Vonage and use 2200+ minutes per month. If AT&T offered a VOIP option for my wireless account I'd happily ditch Vonage to go to one phone number.

Why doesn't AT&T Wireless have a real international long distance calling plan? Do they really think I am going to pay $2.99/min when I can get calling cards for $.01/min?
    08-30-08 10:09 AM
    OK so I had an 8700c and my trackwheel busted so I went out and bought a Nokia E71. When I called up AT&T to give them my new IMEI number (just so I could tether) they told me I had to switch from the BB plan to a medianet plan. The media net plan was $15 unlimited plus $40 for tethering which altogether was $5 cheaper than my BB+tethering plan. So far so good.

Once I set everything up I was able to tether but the speeds were not good and the network was not reliable. I don't know if this is a Nokia or AT&T issue. I then learned about JoikuSpot.

JoikuSpot turns my E71 into a wifi access point. I tested it on my iPod Touch and my office computer so far with good results. If it works with my other systems I will no longer need to tether.

I figure I am not breaking any rules if I continue to pay for tethering but is this really tethering? If I were to cancel tethering would my using the phone as a wifi spot be violating my contract with AT&T?

The good news at least is that Apple can't delete JoikuSpot from my phone.

Yes, that is considered tethering. Once you are using AT&T's network to do so, it is. That would be breaking the T&Cs.
    08-30-08 10:10 AM
1,420 ... 3334353637 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD